We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.1.9 "Bertie's virtual reality beach". This version is a maintenance release of the 3.1.x branch which fixes various smaller bugs including improper column defaults for new table columns in MSSQL, issues with the updater while using caches that are not file based, as well as duplicate emails being sent by the email queue due to opcache, and attached images not being displayed in the expected order when adding them inline. It also adds support for X-Forwarded headers for upgrading non-SSL connections to SSL and allows extension authors to disable sending headers on Extension pages served via app.php.
The full changelog is available in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the release package. You can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.1.9 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=13901
The packages can be downloaded from our downloads page.
The development team thanks everyone who contributed code to this release: rxu, Richard McGirr, LaxSlash, Jakub Senko, lavigor, Martin Beckmann, Matt Friedman, Skouat, kasimi, David Colón, Callum Macrae
If you have any questions or comments, we'll be happy to address them in the discussion topic.
- The phpBB Team
- Respect X-Forwarded-Headers for upgrading non-SSL to SSL connection - Proxy's request to upgrade users to using SSL instead of non-SSL communication will be correctly respected (e.g. when using HAproxy). This requires default ports for SSL and can only be used for upgrading from non-SSL to SSL and not to downgrade from SSL to non-SSL.
- Disable sending headers - Extension authors can disable sending headers in the page_header() function and the controller helper's render() method
- Q&A fallback to non-default language questions - Q&A will try to fall back to Q&A combos that are not the current or default language if it's enabled and no valid Q&A set for the current or default language are set. If this is not possible, the captcha system will throw an error and prevent registrations without filling out the captcha caused by the invalid setup and misconfiguration.
- Removed automatic approve of unapproved posts - Editing an unapproved post as a moderator will no longer automatically approve it.
- Email queue not cached by opcache - Email queue won't be cached by opcache anymore. This caused issues with dulicate emails.
- Correct column default in MSSQL - Database column default will no longer be incorrectly escaped in MSSQL (caused upgrade issues for 3.0.x to 3.1.x)
- Modified since for files served with download/file.php - The modified since header was not correctly served
- File update when using non-file based cache - Admins updating when using caches like memcache no longer see the comparing files page over and over again when looking at file changes
- Attachments display according to the correct BBCode ID - Attachments displayed now correctly correspond to the ones defined by the attachment BBCodes that were added using the frontend