We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.1.10 "Bertie's Indian summer". This version is a maintenance & security release of the 3.1.x branch which fixes one trivial security issue and various smaller bugs. The security issue only affects users using no longer supported versions of browsers as well as improperly setup webservers (thanks to Lukas Reschke of Nextcloud for reporting this).
The bugfixes address the Q&A captcha logging errors when it was solved, fatal errors when upgrading from 3.0.x in certain cases, and database transactions not being rolled back with incorrect notification settings. Other changes include an improved migrator and hardened form checking in the Admin Control Panel.
It also adds support for UI tests in extensions and now checks the version constant against the config version to notify users of incomplete updates.
The full changelog is available in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the release package. You can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.1.10 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=13908
The packages can be downloaded from our downloads page.
The development team thanks everyone who contributed code to this release: Richard McGirr, Jakub Senko, rxu, David King, Erwan Nader, Max Krivanek, Tobi Schäfer, Wesley Fok, lavigor, kasimi, 3Di, DavidIQ, Kailey Truscott, Matt Friedman, Benjamin Staneck, Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen, Forumhulp.com, GerB, markshawtoronto.
If you have any questions or comments, we'll be happy to address them in the discussion topic..
- The phpBB Team
- Check phpBB version constant against config version - Display a warning in the ACP if the version constant (files) does not match the phpbb_config version
- Support extensions in UI tests - UI tests now also support installing extensions and testing their behavior
- Improved migrator - The migrator will now properly prevent timeouts and infinite loops. It will no longer unexpectedly try to revert update_data() implementations using "if": viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2383821
- Dropped support for MySQL versions improperly implementing FULLTEXT support - Some MySQL versions used improper implementations of FULLTEXT support. Versions with correct support are now required: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/4426
- Users removed from newly registered group when limit set to 0 posts - Users will now be able to exit the newly registered users group when the limit is set to according to the setting's definition in the ACP.
- Further hardened checking links and form submissions - Added link hashes and form keys to all forms in the ACP that were still relying on global ACP form protections.
- Prevent MySQL error when looking at your posts - Wrong column was selected in certain cases.
- Q&A CAPTCHA no longer logs error when solved - A change in 3.1.9 caused the CAPTCHA to log an error even though it was solved.
- Min/max form values no longer preventing update of avatar settings - The newly introduced form validation on the html side will no longer report invalid min/max settings when updating avatar settings.
- Fixed fatal error when upgrading from 3.0.x - Fixed error when upgrading from version with softdelete MOD installed.
- Limit prunes per cron for large forums - Prunes on large forums were not limited. This could cause the prune query to fail at an unspecified point in time and leave topics unpruned.
- Rollback transactions in notifications manager - Fixed issues with not rolled back transactions when using non-existent notification types