Today is a big day for the entire phpBB community and we hope that you're as excited as we are! With the help of over one hundred volunteers, we have improved and extended phpBB to provide the new and improved phpBB 3.2 Rhea.
The new phpBB 3.2 Rhea builds upon 3.1 Ascraeus, upgrading the experience for users, administrators, and developers. The new BBCode parser adds support for all the emojis you've been using on mobile devices, the new font awesome integration adds retina quality icons to prosilver, and the quoting feature has been enhanced. Together with Symfony 2.8, an improved integration of the twig template engine, and full support for both PHP 7.0 & 7.1, we have increased extensibility of phpBB 3.2 while reducing development time.
Board admins will apprecite the new installer, which enables easier updating using the browser or a command-line interface, as well as the newly added reCAPTCHA 2.0 to thwart would-be spammers at the gate.
Check out further highlights of the new version on our Rhea Launch Page or a more detailed breakdown on our Features Page. As always, phpBB 3.2 Rhea and update packages for previous versions are available in the downloads section.
The phpBB community has been working hard to get this release prepared and work on phpBB 3.3 Proteus is already underway!
In order to better engange with the community, we will be enabling the ideas center in the coming days.
We would like to thank everyone for working hard to make today possible! The following people contributed code to the 3.2 Rhea release: Marc Alexander, Tristan Darricau, Joas Schilling, Andreas Fischer, JoshyPHP, Mate Bartus, Michael Miday, Nils Adermann, Cesar G, Matt Friedman, Máté Bartus, Oliver Schramm, Nicofuma, Dhruv, MateBartus, brunoais, Christian Schnegelberger, rxu, Gaëtan Muller, Zoddo, s9e, Jakub Senko, Richard McGirr, David King, n-aleha, Nathaniel Guse, Mark Shaw, David Colón, Nicolas Grekas, hjpotter92, lavigor, Derek Held, Erwan Nader, LEZY Thomas, Paul Sohier, Scott Dutton, Wesley Fok, cunha17, C1n, Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen, Derky, Etienne Baroux, Greg Ryckman, Melvin García, MichaelC, RFD, Sumanai, cyberalien, kasimi, kilida
Please discuss this topic in its discussion topic.
- Cookie notice - Added a cookie notice that can be enabled in the ACP PHPBB3-14961
- Reparsers list - Display reparsers as proper list in CLI PHPBB3-14895
- Feeds attachments - Only query needed attachments in feeds PHPBB3-14838
- PM ordering - Correctly order PMs using ORDER BY PHPBB3-14953
- PostgreSQL errors during 3.0 upgrade - Use valid default for upgrades from 3.0 when using PostgreSQL PHPBB3-14923
- Notifications without topic title - Notifications no longer end up with empty topic title under certain circumstances PHPBB3-14949
- Topic titles - Topic titles no longer overlayed by pagination PHPBB3-14772
- Editings topics w/out polls - Posting will correctly check if topic contains poll before asking for valid poll options PHPBB3-14962
- Signature preview - Fix improper parsing of signatures during preview PHPBB3-14945
- Caching of config - The database config will no longer be cached to prevent confusion among users PHPBB3-14957