We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.2.1 "War for the Planet of the Berties". This version is a maintenance & security release of the 3.2.x branch which fixes three security issues, as well as adding more hardening and fixes for various bugs reported in previous versions.
The bugfixes address issues with migration dependencies preventing updates from phpBB 3.0.6 or older, multiple issues with the new text formatter, make the FTP update method functional again, as well as issues with updating from earlier versions using PostgreSQL. Notable changes include new, higher resolution images for the imageset icons, pagination for IP tables and post info, and added search indexing for topics after splitting a topic. The version check now also supports branches which will result in more helpful information about new versions on other branches.
The full list of changes is available in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the release package. You can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.2.1 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=14100
The packages can be downloaded from our downloads page.
The development team thanks everyone who contributed code to this release: javiexin, rxu, Rubén Calvo, nomind60s, David Colón, Jakub Senko, hanakin, Matt Friedman, JoshyPHP, Louis7777, kasimi, Vinny, Erwan Nader, Richard McGirr, hubaishan, Daniel Mota, Jim Mossing Holsteyn, Rishabh04-02, Saeed Hubaishan, david63, lavigor, Agris, Christian Schnegelberger, Daniel Sinn, Mukesh Kumar Kharita, TarantinoMariachi, lr94, tas2580, upstrocker
If you have any questions or comments, we'll be happy to address them in the discussion topic.
- The phpBB Team
- Version check supports branches - Both the phpBB and extension version check now support branches PHPBB3-15142
- Updated dependencies - Updated dependencies to latest versions, e.g. Symfony, Twig
- Invalid constructor in FTP file updater - The invalid constructor prevented using the FTP file updater PHPBB3-15012
- Multiple issues in text formatter - This caused e.g. issues with some smilies and BBCodes PHPBB3-15016 PHPBB3-14790
- Fix migration dependency preventing update from before phpBB 3.0.6 - Migration to 3.2.0 didn't check dependency correctly for upgrades from pre 3.0.6 versions PHPBB3-15090
- High-res icons in prosilver - prosilver is now using higher res images for the imageset icons PHPBB3-15037