We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.2.2 "Bertie’s New Year Resolution". This version is a maintenance & security release of the 3.2.x branch which fixes one security issue, adds one minor feature addition, as well as fixing various issues reported in previous versions.
As a minor feature addition, phpBB now also supports Memcached caching.
The fixed issues include, among others, problems when updating from phpBB versions 3.0.5 and older, incorrect image size being detected for uploaded files, blurry forum & topic icons in some browsers, and problems with deleting orphaned attachments when a high number of orphaned attachments is present.
We’d also like to note that due to changes in our dependency the minimum expected PHP version is now PHP 5.4.7. PHP versions between 5.4.0 and 5.4.6 will most likely continue to work but can cause unexpected side effects. If you are affected by this you should upgrade to a newer, secure version of PHP.
In addition to that, PHP 7.2 is now supported by phpBB 3.2. Please ensure that your extensions are compatible before upgrading.
The full list of changes is available in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the release package. You can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.2.2 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=14391
The packages can be downloaded from our downloads page.
The development team thanks everyone who contributed code to this release: kasimi, Rubń Calvo, rxu, JoshyPHP, hubaishan, javiexin, Jakub Senko, David Colón, Sophist, Daniel Sinn, Soeren D. Schulze, Jagoba Los Arcos, Kailey Truscott, Crizzo, Daniel Mota, Jim Mossing Holsteyn, Julien Tant, Serge Skripchuk, abyssmedia, ftc2, kitsiosk, v12mike, vinny
If you have any questions or comments, we'll be happy to address them in the discussion topic.
- The phpBB Team
- Memcached support - phpBB now supports memcached caching PHPBB3-15122
- Updated dependencies - Updated dependencies to latest versions, e.g. Symfony, Twig
- Password updater working with PostgreSQL - The cron for updating legacy password hashes was running invalid queries on PostgreSQL PHPBB3-15347
- Deleting orphaned attachments w/ large number of orphaned attachments - Orphaned attachment deletion was improved to be able to delete them when a large number of orphaned attachments exist PHPBB3-15041
- Multiple bugfixes for retrieving image size - Multiple issues with retrieving the image size of JPEGs & temporary files were resolved PHPBB3-15133 PHPBB3-15356
- Issues with updating from phpBB < 3.0.6 - Inconsistencies in the way parent modules were treated caused issues with updating from older phpBB 3.0 versions PHPBB3-15339
- Forum / topic icon blurriness - Fixed issues with forum and topic icons looking blurry on some browsers PHPBB3-15361
- Minimum expected PHP version 5.4.7 - Due to changes in our dependencies, the minimum expected PHP version is now PHP 5.4.7. Versions PHP 5.4.0 to 5.4.6 should still work but might cause minor issues
- PHP 7.2 supported - PHP 7.2 is now officially supported by phpBB 3.2