We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.3.4 "Bertie’s garden work". This version is a maintenance release of the 3.3.x branch which adds support for WebP images, improves the wording in email templates, and resolves various issues reported in previous versions.
The fixes include, among others, further improvements on PHP 8 compatibility as well as an issue with database names containing a dash that could prevent some admins from accessing the Administration Control Panel (ACP).
A small change that was also introduced is the possibility for CAPTCHAs to define a custom message that is displayed when a CAPTCHA is shown due to exceeding the maximum allowable number of login attempts.
The full list of changes is available in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the release package. You can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.3.4 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=15690
The packages can be downloaded from our downloads page.
The development team thanks everyone who contributed code to this release: 3D-I, Christian Schnegelberger, Dark❶, DinHere, rxu, Matt Friedman, Alfredo Ramos
If you have any questions or comments, we'll be happy to address them in the discussion topic.
- The phpBB Team
- Increased compatibility with PHP 8 PHPBB3-16696 PHPBB3-16705 PHPBB3-16719 PHPBB3-16740 PHPBB3-16743 PHPBB3-16735
- Support for WEBP images PHPBB3-16710 PHPBB3-16712
- Improved wording of email templates PHPBB3-16589
- Support for custom error messages in CAPTCHAs PHPBB3-16655
- SQL error in ACP if database name contains a dash PHPBB3-16685