phpBB Group announces the release of phpBB 2.0.14, the "We know we are (not) furry" edition. This release addresses some bugfixes as well as fixing some minor non-critical security issues. All issues not reported to us before being released are not credited to the founder, as usual.
As with all new releases we urge you to update as soon as possible. You can of course find this download available on our downloads page. As per usual three packages are available to simplify your update.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB2 source and English language package
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release
- Patch Files
Contains patch compatible patches from the previous versions of phpBB.
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation or updates!.
What has changed in this release?
The changelog (contained within this release) is as follows:
- Hardened author and keyword search a bit to not allow very server intensive searches
- Fixed full path disclosure in bad word parsing
- Resetting complete userdata array in session code if authentication fails
- Fixed bug in moderator control panel where certain parameters could lead to an "error creating new session" sql error
- Fixed bug in session code where empty page ids could lead to an "error creating new session" sql error
- Fixed html handling in signatures if html is turned off globally
- Fixed install.php problem with PHP5 register_long_arrays option turned off
- Fixed potential issues with styling system
- Added correct class to login_body template file
- Removed file db/oracle.php from package
- Removed version number from message body page in /admin (if user is not an admin) - mikelbeck
- Fixed case-sensitivity issues in postgres7.php - R45
As always, our Code Changes Tutorial will be available too for those with heavily modded boards.
It can be downloaded from this topic.