Where to post what

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Subscribe to the feed, available in Image Atom or Image RSS format.
Anti-Spam Guide
primedomain
Former Team Member

Where to post what

Post by primedomain »

Where to post what

Welcome to phpBB.com and thanks for reading this topic. :)

Before posting on phpbb.com, please make sure to choose the appropriate forum. This will increase the probability to receive an answer.

Support forum
If your default ("vanilla") phpBB installation doesn't work correctly, please post in Support. The Support forum is also for any operational questions on how to use a specific feature and on how to manage and administrate your board from a technical point of view.

Please see for details: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=543171.

Examples: How do I add more forums? - Search on my forum is not working. - How can I add more administrators? - I am getting the following error message. - I cannot login on my forum.

Convertors forum
If you are currently using a different forum software and if you would like to switch to phpBB, please post in the Convertors forum.

MODs forums
If you wish to add a particular function to your board, try asking in MOD Requests, after having read this.
If you're seeking help in writing code to change the way your board works, please post in MOD Writers Discussion. This is not the place for getting help with MODs, or requesting MODs to be created!

Styles forums
If you're trying to change the way your board looks, then please post in the Styles forum. This includes how to add and create themes. Basic style related questions (How to "install" avatars? - How to "install" smilies? - How to change the forum header? - How to change the main logo?) should be posted in the Support forum.

phpBB Discussion forum: Anything else that is phpBB related ;-)
Anything else that doesn't fall into the previous categories usually fits very well in phpBB Discussion. Please note that comparative topics ("Is phpBB better than forum software XYZ?") are not allowed on phpBB.com and may be better posted on "neutral ground" on a third-party website. By contrast, questions like "Does phpBB offer feature XYZ" are usually fine.

Examples: Discussion about the algorithms used by phpBB - How many forums should I have within a category? - How does search work? - How can I keep my board from getting slow?

General Discussion
Discussions without reference to phpBB should be posted in General Discussion. Please note that GD isn't a support forum for anything (be it phpBB or anything else). For further details please refer to the GD posting rules.

Feature requests
We are currently not taking any feature requests. Please submit your feature request once we open the feature request tracker. Thank you.

Happy posting! :geek:

PS: recommended reading (global forum rules)

--
version 1.0.0 - 16/01/2006
version 1.0.1 - 24/03/2006: reworded the GD paragraph
version 1.0.2 - 30/11/2007: added details about phpBB2/3
version 1.0.3 - 13/12/2007: included links to Support Announcements
version 1.0.4 - 01/08/2008: forum structure change related updates
version 1.0.5 - 04/04/2009: removed phpBB2 links

Return to “Announcements”