We are very pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB3 RC3 package. This is the third release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more bugs or problems arise. Of course there may be more release candidates.
For release candidates full support is given, allowing language packs as well as modifications and styles. We only give support to those having a clean RC installation or updates from previous release candidates, previous conversions or updates from betas will not be supported here. We encourage only those running the release candidates wanting to test out the new version, it is still recommended to wait for the full release; after all this is a release candidate.
Please also note that we urge you to update - we only support the latest version. Bug reports submitted for previous releases will be closed as well as only the latest version being supported here.
Please refer to the complete changelog for a detailed list of fixes since RC2:
http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... &version=3
To re-iterate the support guidelines, we won't support the following installation types:
- Updates from phpBB3 Beta versions to phpBB3 RC1 and higher
- Conversions from phpBB 2.0.x to phpBB3 Beta versions
- phpBB3 Beta installations
We give support for the following installation types:
- Updates from phpBB3 RC1 to any higher version
- Conversions from phpBB 2.0.x to phpBB3 RC1 and higher
- New installations of phpBB3 RC1 and higher
A short explanation of how to do a conversion, installation or update is included within the provided INSTALL.html file, please be sure to read it. If you want to be on the safe side we suggest still waiting for later releases before you fully convert your 2.0.x installation.
phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.
- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system, one of:
- MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
- PostgreSQL 7.3+
- SQLite 2.8.2+
- Firebird 2.0+
- MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
- PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
- getimagesize() function need to be enabled
- These optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
- zlib Compression support
- Remote FTP support
- XML support
- Imagemagick support
- GD Support
The presence of each of these optional modules will be checked during the installation process.
Security issues found should be reported to our security tracker in the usual way.
If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" or "patch" method for updating.
With this release, there are four packages available.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB3 source and english language files.
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB3. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release.
- Patch Files
Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of phpBB3.
- Automatic Update Package
Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation, updates or conversions!
- phpBB Downloads
- phpBB3 development section
- phpBB3 Documentation
- phpBB3 support forum
- phpBB3 bug tracker
- phpBB3 Coding Guidelines
- phpBB3 Sourcecode Documentation
Do not forget to vote for us within the Sourceforge Community Choise Awards.
Have fun with the release,
the phpBB Team.