We are very pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB3 RC8 package. This package fixes some critical bugs.
Please note that we urge you to update - we only support the latest version here.
RC8 has seen some improvements as well as fixing some critical bugs. Some important fixes are for example:
- [Fix] Fixed MSSQL related bug in the update system
- [Fix] Mitigating different realpath() handling between PHP versions (fixing confirm box redirects)
- [Fix] Fix signature editing - ability to remove signature (Bug #14820)
- [Fix] Send correct activation key by forcing reactivation for inactive user (Bug #14819)
- [Fix] Open private message notification (Bug #14773)
- [Fix] Fixing false new private message indicator (Bug #14627)
- [Fix] Let newly activated passwords work if users were converted (Bug #14787)
- [Fix] Allow alternative text for styled buttons if images turned off, but CSS staying on
- [Change] Do not assign converted votes to the first option in a vote.
- [Fix] Use correct RFC 2822 date format in emails (Bug #15042)
- [Fix] Require founder status for some actions on founder-only groups (Bug #15119)
- [Change] Some improvements to the caching of avatars
- [Change] Set template recompilation to be disabled by default. All mod and style authors and all those who want to modify their styles should enabled it after installation.
- [Change] Disable debug mode. All mod and style authors should enable DEBUG and DEBUG_EXTRA.
- [Fix] Check error reporting level for all error level. This fixes a problem for hosts having manipulated the error handler. (Bug #14831)
- [Feature] Constant PHPBB_DB_NEW_LINK introduced which can be used to force phpBB to create a new database connection instead of reusing an existing one if the dbms supports it (Bug #14927)
- [Fix] Automatic URL parsing no longer allows dots in the schema but can parse URLs starting after a dot (Bug #15110)
- [Fix] Recache Moderators when copying permissions. (Bug #15384)
- [Change] Do not allow size=0 bbcodes (font-size of 0)
http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... &version=3
A short explanation of how to do a conversion, installation or update is included within the provided INSTALL.html file, please be sure to read it.
phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.
- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system, one of:
- MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
- PostgreSQL 7.3+
- SQLite 2.8.2+
- Firebird 2.0+
- MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
- PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
- getimagesize() function need to be enabled
- These optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
- zlib Compression support
- Remote FTP support
- XML support
- Imagemagick support
- GD Support
Security issues found should be reported to our security tracker in the usual way.
If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" or "patch" method for updating.
With this release, there are four packages available.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB3 source and english language files.
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB3. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release.
- Patch Files
Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of phpBB3.
- Automatic Update Package
Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation, updates or conversions!.
- phpBB Downloads
- phpBB3 development section
- phpBB3 Documentation
- phpBB3 support forum
- phpBB3 bug tracker
- phpBB3 Coding Guidelines
- phpBB3 Sourcecode Documentation
Have fun with the release,
the phpBB Group.