we are very happy to announce the release of phpBB 2.0.23, the "still furry as hell" edition. This release addresses several bugfixes and some security issues.
As with all new releases we urge you to update as soon as possible. You can of course find this download available on our downloads page. As per usual four packages are available to simplify your update.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB2 source and English language package
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release
- Patch Files
Contains patch compatible patches from the previous versions of phpBB.
- Code Changes
Contains step-by-step instructions in MOD format for updating heavily MODified installs
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation or updates!.
It is important that you carry out both parts of the update - updating the files and running the database update script - for updates to be complete.
What has changed in this release?
The changelog (contained within this release) is as follows:
- [Fix] Correctly re-assign group moderator on user deletion (Bug #280)
- [Fix] Deleting a forum with multiple polls included (Bug #6740)
- [Fix] Fixed postgresql query for obtaining group moderator in groupcp.php (Bug #6550)
- [Fix] Selected field on first entry by default for font size within posting_body.tpl (Bug #7124)
- [Fix] Adjusted maxlength parameters in admin/styles_edit_body.tpl (Bug #81)
- [Fix] Fixed html output in make_forum_select if no forums present (Bug #436)
- [Fix] Fixed spelling error(s) in lang_admin.php (Bug #7172, #6978)
- [Fix] Correctly display censored words in admin panel (Bug #12271)
- [Fix] Do not allow soft hyphen \xAD in usernames (reported by Bander00)
- [Fix] Fixed the group permission system's use of array access
- [Fix] Simple group permissions now work properly
- [Fix] Fix inability to export smilies (Bug #2265)
- [Fix] Fixing some problems with PHP5 and register_long_arrays off
- [Sec] Fix possible XSRF Vulnerability in private messaging and groups handling