[20/01/07] Admin Userlist

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
398
72%
Very Good
98
18%
Good
38
7%
Fair
11
2%
Poor
11
2%
 
Total votes: 556

Joe Belmaati
Registered User
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Joe Belmaati » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:36 am

Looks good...

badamson
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:25 am

Post by badamson » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:38 am

Joe Belmaati wrote: Looks good...


I appreciate the prompt reply. Thank you.

johnmarshall
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 pm

Post by johnmarshall » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:08 pm

AbelaJohnB wrote: Classification: 52 Admin Tools

MOD Name: Admin Userlist
Author: wGEric
MOD Description: This MOD lets you view all of you members and various information about them in the Admin Control Panel. From the list, you can perform various actions on multiple users.

MOD Version: 2.0.2 (Updated 08/09/04)


Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 10 Minutes

Download File: admin_userlist_202.zip
File Size: 16058 Bytes

Security Score:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Without trawling through all 42 pages a simple question -

If I download this mod will it work with the latest version of phpBB V2.0.13 ?

Of course I am new to this or I wouldn't be here asking such a stupid question :oops:


I am impatient so I ran this mod on my home computer setup and IT WORKS .....

So for all you people wanting to ask this question YES it works in the following sitaution:

MSAS 4.5.2
Apache 2.0.48 (Win32)
PHP 4.3.4
MySQL 4.0.23
phpBB 2.0.13

strom
Registered User
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:39 pm

It would be even better if....

Post by strom » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:22 pm

Great mod--it would be better if the pull down menu below the list of found users could be "select all" on that page. Useful, for example, if one is looking for all inactive users and wants to delete them. Checking each box one at a time is slow!

johnmarshall
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 pm

Re: It would be even better if....

Post by johnmarshall » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:51 pm

strom wrote: Great mod--it would be better if the pull down menu below the list of found users could be "select all" on that page. Useful, for example, if one is looking for all inactive users and wants to delete them. Checking each box one at a time is slow!


There is an EDIT for that in this thread - I saw it as I was trying to find the info I wanted... You will have to read all 42 pages.....

TehMagilla
Registered User
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:59 am
Location: Esperance, Western Australia
Contact:

Post by TehMagilla » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:26 am

I find it fitting that I'm posting on page 42, as this MOD appears to be the answer to life, the universe, and everything concerning user manglement. I have been using it on my boards, and it is fantastic. Excellent job!!!
'====
//`
-Magilla

dimbo
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:44 pm

Post by dimbo » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:18 am

OOOPS.... have just seen an edit to sort out the sorting!
Please ignore me!


My Hosting bods have just upgraded my board (it was installed via their control panel doodad)...I have no idea what version (as I'm a dimbo)..

So I've had to reinstall the two mods I use (this one and the table BB code one)..and most things seem to be fine and dandy, except that when sorting the userlist, the ascending and descending options don't have any effect any more. I get ascending whether I like it or not - and whichever sort order (joined date, username etc) I choose.

I assumed (and again...laugh at me if I'm wrong!) that all the technical stuff was performed in "lang_admin.php", which I don't edit at all. So I'm hopeful that it isn't anything I've ballsed up.

Any advice?

lynn
PS..love this mod

User avatar
uncle.f
Registered User
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:42 am
Location: Purple Yonder
Contact:

A bug found in v2.02

Post by uncle.f » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:01 pm

I believe I have found a bug in the 'Delete User' part of
the code.

If a deleted user was a Group Moderator, the script
incorrectly sets new Group Moderator.

I see that the author intended to replace the deleted Group Moderator with the admin who is deleting that Moderator. However, the script is trying to change wrong rows in the Groups table, which might lead to very bad results and corrupt user/group relationships.

It is very easy to fix:

In admin_userlist.php find the string:

Code: Select all

WHERE group_moderator IN ($update_moderator_id)";
and change it to:

Code: Select all

WHERE group_id IN ($update_moderator_id)";
Best regards,

Andrei

rubo77
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:20 pm

Post by rubo77 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:04 am

in version 2.0.2 there is still this bug in the sorting order and i added sorting by website as well and the selected sorting option will be selected on the resultpage now:

http://mods.best-dev.com/viewtopic.php?p=16662


and i added a mod to the Admin Userlist that adds a button at the top of the row "Open/Close" that opens all users on the page:

http://mods.best-dev.com/viewtopic.php?t=1902
if you want to pm me, please contact "spacetrace", my new useraccount
_________________

www.spacetrace.com - cool multiplayer online game

wGEric
Former Team Member
Posts: 8805
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:01 am
Location: Friday
Name: Eric Faerber
Contact:

Post by wGEric » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:11 am

The sort order bug has been known for a while now and here is the fix
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 595#686595
Eric

rubo77
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:20 pm

Post by rubo77 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:38 am

wGEric wrote: The sort order bug has been known for a while now and here is the fix
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 595#686595


i know that fix, it is really elementary, so i put it all together to a compilation that includes wGEric's original mod modded to add the following features:
- the sort bug
- sorting by website
- keep the option in the selectboxes for descending and the choice
- add a button to open/close all users on the page

maybe it will be called Admin Userlist 2.0.3 once ;)

http://www.spacetrace.org/forum/mods/ad ... lation.zip

not included jet:
- the "select-all" mod
Last edited by rubo77 on Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you want to pm me, please contact "spacetrace", my new useraccount
_________________

www.spacetrace.com - cool multiplayer online game

strom
Registered User
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:39 pm

Re: It would be even better if....

Post by strom » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:20 am

johnmarshall wrote:
strom wrote:Great mod--it would be better if the pull down menu below the list of found users could be "select all" on that page. Useful, for example, if one is looking for all inactive users and wants to delete them. Checking each box one at a time is slow!


There is an EDIT for that in this thread - I saw it as I was trying to find the info I wanted... You will have to read all 42 pages.....


OK, found it on p. 39 of this thread. Thanks, it works great.

asinshesq
Registered User
Posts: 6266
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: NYC
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:19 am

rubo77 wrote: ...i know that fix, it is really elementary, so i put it all together and called it

Admin Userlist 2.0.3:

http://www.spacetrace.org/forum/mods/Ad ... st_203.zip ...


You're new on the board so I'll clue you in: it's nice of you to make that compilation available to people but it's considered bad form to take someone else's mod and create a new version that looks like it's an official version sponsored by the mod author. And it creates a fair bit of confusion too when people aren't sure what versions they are supposed to be using. My suggestion: at the very least take out the stuff calling your compilation 'admin userlist 2.0.3' and just say in your post that you have a compilation that includes wGEric's original mod modded to add the following features and people who want that can download here and then give a link for the download.

Others should feel free to chime in on the etiquette question - perhaps I've got this wrong in either direction (too soft or too harsh?).

User avatar
MHobbit
Former Team Member
Posts: 4761
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: There and Back Again

Post by MHobbit » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:58 am

asinshesq wrote: You're new on the board so I'll clue you in: it's nice of you to make that compilation available to people but it's considered bad form to take someone else's mod and create a new version that looks like it's an official version sponsored by the mod author. And it creates a fair bit of confusion too when people aren't sure what versions they are supposed to be using. My suggestion: at the very least take out the stuff calling your compilation 'admin userlist 2.0.3' and just say in your post that you have a compilation that includes wGEric's original mod modded to add the following features and people who want that can download here and then give a link for the download.

Others should feel free to chime in on the etiquette question - perhaps I've got this wrong in either direction (too soft or too harsh?).


Ditto.

It's nice you took the time to commit to those changes, rubo77, but a better thing to do would be to tell wGEric what needs to be fixed, and he'll decide if it really does warrant another release, if he has the time. Posting the code changes yourself doesn't help a lot if people don't know it's valid. The fix already linked to wGEric is good enough.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

asinshesq
Registered User
Posts: 6266
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: NYC
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:00 pm

MennoniteHobbit wrote: ...Posting the code changes yourself doesn't help a lot if people don't know it's valid. The fix already linked to wGEric is good enough.


While I agree that rubo77 went over the line, I'm not sure I'd go as far as that. Seems to me that if you have a way to make someone else's mod do something extra, or you've found a problem with someone else's mod and figured out how to fix it, there's nothing wrong with posting the code for others (including the author) to consider. For example, the sort bug that we began this discussion with was pointed out (with a proposed coding solution) by someone else and then wGEric chimed in and agreed with the fix. I think the problem only arose when rubo77 released a 'new version' of admin userlist that was not really a new version but instead was a set of suggested changes rubo77 believes are useful. I don't see anything wrong with someone pointing out specific code changes that improve things. The mod author can then come into the discussion and give his input on the pros and cons of following those suggestions.

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”