[20/01/07] Admin Userlist

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
18%
Good
7%
Fair
2%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 556

milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 »

Olympus does bulk PM'ing as far as I know... :-P

nims

Post by nims »

Well I was looking for a MOD to be used with 2.0.21.

Will not be using Olympus. Cant take the risk to MOD my forum again with thousands of members. :)
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne

milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 »

Well, sorry... This mod does not bulk PM.

The closest I have seen is a bulk email mod... but even that will only send to selected usergroups, not a list of names.

elimere

Post by elimere »

Ive got a problem with the mod, its not just my coding as i used easy mod to install it. I have two styles and its the same problem on both:
I tick the box next to a username, put the drop down box to "Add to a Group" and hit go.
The problem is, the page goes to the next one, except it isnt the add group page, it looks exactly the same as the userlist page, minus all information (including the directions in the dropdown box).
Its not a lack of usergroups, i have several.
It doesnt come up with an error message.
Anyone able to help?

-Going from the main page, i can go into the usergroups page and add members to the groups by their username and it works fine, just not from the Admin Userlist.

The activate/deactivate works, so does the ban & delete.

dpicella

Very Useful and Easy Install

Post by dpicella »

Congratulations to the Mod developers because this is the first MOD I have installed manually that installed in the amount of time they said it would. Other than the language file, there are essentially no code modifications ... just upload the files. Works great! 5 stars for this mod.

draden77

MAJOR OOPS

Post by draden77 »

So I did something really bad. I installed this MOD ( and love it by the way) I tried to delete a few users from my list. In what I can only figure happened I clicked the select all button right above the drop down and deleted my entire user list of 177 people. :roll:

So I am just going to suppose there is now way to restore this list, right? and like a moron, no I don't have a freakin back up. :twisted:

stevemagruder

Re: MAJOR OOPS

Post by stevemagruder »

draden77 wrote: So I did something really bad. I installed this MOD ( and love it by the way) I tried to delete a few users from my list. In what I can only figure happened I clicked the select all button right above the drop down and deleted my entire user list of 177 people. :roll:

So I am just going to suppose there is now way to restore this list, right? and like a moron, no I don't have a freakin back up. :twisted:

If you use a web hosting service, they will usually do periodic backups, and will probably restore a database for a fee.
Steve Magruder - WebCommons :: Media
Administrator for the Louisville History & Issues discussion board

nico66s

Re: MAJOR OOPS

Post by nico66s »

stevemagruder wrote:
draden77 wrote:So I did something really bad. I installed this MOD ( and love it by the way) I tried to delete a few users from my list. In what I can only figure happened I clicked the select all button right above the drop down and deleted my entire user list of 177 people. :roll:

If you use a web hosting service, they will usually do periodic backups, and will probably restore a database for a fee.

Right, just don't wait too long before asking.

draden77

oops

Post by draden77 »

OK, I called the hosting company and they have the back up my mysql database.

Here is the complication:

A- I don't know much about mysql

B- we have a few applications sharing the same DB just using different prefixes.

Any one know how to just pull the user data from the snapshot they gave me? I don't want to roll the whole thing back if I don't have to.

Ideas?

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: oops

Post by asinshesq »

draden77 wrote: OK, I called the hosting company and they have the back up my mysql database.

Here is the complication:

A- I don't know much about mysql

B- we have a few applications sharing the same DB just using different prefixes.

Any one know how to just pull the user data from the snapshot they gave me? I don't want to roll the whole thing back if I don't have to.

Ideas?

It's fine for you to have them restore only your forum database, but I would not adivse trying to have them restore only part of your forum database. When users are deleted, every post they have ever made gets redesignated so that it is marked as having been made by user_id = -1 (which designates a deleted user). It is possible to recreate that information from the rest of the post (since the old usernames get preserved in the posts) but doing that is not straightforward. Unless losing 12 hours of posts is a catastrophe, I would suggest you just bite the bullet and have them restore the full forum database.

draden77

ya'll are awesome

Post by draden77 »

OK, thank you for the advise. I think everything is back to normal and the boss may even keep me around for another day!

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: ya'll are awesome

Post by asinshesq »

draden77 wrote: OK, thank you for the advise. I think everything is back to normal and the boss may even keep me around for another day!

I have to say that I can see how you could mistakenly delete all users. I don't think the empty box at the top that selects all users is a good idea...it's too easy to inadvertently click that box when you are trying to click the box next to the first user's name and then do an action (like delete) that applies to everyone rather than just the first user.

I think the select all/unselect all button at the bottom is sufficient and doesn't create the same risk. So I think I'm going to get rid of that tricky top box on my board.

Freitag

Post by Freitag »

asinshesq wrote:
draden77 wrote:OK, thank you for the advise. I think everything is back to normal and the boss may even keep me around for another day!

I have to say that I can see how you could mistakenly delete all users. I don't think the empty box at the top that selects all users is a good idea...it's too easy to inadvertently click that box when you are trying to click the box next to the first user's name and then do an action (like delete) that applies to everyone rather than just the first user.

I think the select all/unselect all button at the bottom is sufficient and doesn't create the same risk. So I think I'm going to get rid of that tricky top box on my board.

The select all checkbox only selects all the users on one page so you'd have to work pretty hard to get all the users in the entire site.
No clever .sig here

stevemagruder

Post by stevemagruder »

Freitag wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
draden77 wrote:OK, thank you for the advise. I think everything is back to normal and the boss may even keep me around for another day!

The select all checkbox only selects all the users on one page so you'd have to work pretty hard to get all the users in the entire site.

Well, given that pagination defaults to 50, and many boards have 50 or fewer members, it's easy to see how that top checkbox can be a problem.
Steve Magruder - WebCommons :: Media
Administrator for the Louisville History & Issues discussion board

sabsfan2

problems

Post by sabsfan2 »

I've just installed this great mod and it appeared to work well, prompting me to install both the Log IP Address on Registration mod by TerraFrost and the Admin Userlist regIP add on by exreaction.

While everything works well in the userlist, when I do have to go into a users profile under "manage" and make changes, i get a "oops....page not found" error. I know I've done a lot of things correct (since they were installed by easymod) but at some point, I think I've messed up something else. I can't make/save changes under user admin.

Any suggestions? I'm sorry if I've got this under the wrong mod. I'm starting at the major mod and working to toward the others. I'm not sure what file is wonky, or what mod might have helped me screw up.

Thanx.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”