[20/01/07] Admin Userlist

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
18%
Good
7%
Fair
2%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 556

smart001

Post by smart001 »

I must say that your mod is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. If I may though I think it would be extremely valuable to have a post count also displayed. This may have already been discussed but 122 pages is a lot to go through. THanks again
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

Yes I do have an explanation for that, simple, all users that have already have an account on the forums will register as 0.0.0.0, all users that register from now on should have there IP placed in that section.

Okay then Dreadedcorpse,

That explains everything, I was worried something was wrong on my side.

I´ll wait and see what you and your friends can do with the IP updater.

Thanks so far.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.
DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

smart001 wrote: I must say that your mod is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. If I may though I think it would be extremely valuable to have a post count also displayed. This may have already been discussed but 122 pages is a lot to go through. THanks again

I just wanted to state that its not my mod, all I did was go through the 122 pages and found the different question's and solutions and just added the feature that was requested into it so it save others the hassle of what I did. I also did redirect where the WHOIS was going to. I have used a few different ones but I found that www.dnsstuff.com had the cleanest reports and the easiest ones to read. For example, you CLICK HERE, you will look up ip, 127.127.127.127 . That is an unknown IP, thats why I used it. well if you look at the report you get it reads like this.
Using 2 day old cached answer (or, you can get fresh results).
Hiding E-mail address (you can get results with the E-mail address).

OrgName: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
OrgID: IANA
Address: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
City: Marina del Rey
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 90292-6695

NetRange: 127.0.0.0 - 127.255.255.255
CIDR: 127.0.0.0/8
NetName: LOOPBACK
NetHandle: NET-127-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType: IANA Special Use
Comment: Please see RFC 3330 for additional information.
RegDate:
Updated: 2002-10-14

Well if you look at the part I highlighted in red, you will see there IP range is 127.0.0.0 - 127.255.255.255 so there if you had to ban by range then you have to do 127.* and that will ban all 127.*, but some people have a range of a few hundred, example, they could be IP range of 127.127.127.0 - 127.127.127.255 . So basically in that case you would ban buy typing in 127.127.127.*.

You probally knew that already but its for people that dont know.

Dogs and things wrote: Okay then Dreadedcorpse,

That explains everything, I was worried something was wrong on my side.

I´ll wait and see what you and your friends can do with the IP updater.

Thanks so far.

Well I talked to him, he knows more about scripting than I do, I am his graphics guy and he is my scripter, but I do dabble a little, so we will see.[/quote]
senecapilot

requesting assistance

Post by senecapilot »

Problem: Can't view userlist which file suposedly inserted.

I have my files setup like this:
Root

forum

admin
in the admin folder there is a list of files. I added admin_userlist.php to that.

cache

db

docs

images

includes

language

templates
in the templates folder under subsilver admin I put the two files userlist_body.tpl and userlist_group.tpl.

(and then misc files)

Questions:
1 what did I do wrong.
2 If i have a diferent template currently default will that affect anything. if so how do I arange it so that it will not be a problem.

I have tried.....:
1 reseting the default theme to subsilver.

Help would be appreciated
senecapilot 8)
Dogs and things

Upload the tpl. to all the templates on your board.

And, look in your ACP, User Administration, the last entry at the very bottom, where it says Userlist. That´s where this MOD shows up, once installed in the template you´re using. :wink:
sasam

Post by sasam »

Problem:
When I try to sort by "Last Activity" result is:

Code: Select all

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpBB2/admin/admin_userlist.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 
Other sort methods work OK :wink:

What is wrong with “Last Activity" sort method?
milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 »

That's the first I've heard of that sort of error... what version are you using of the admin userlist and of phpbb?

Also... did you use easymod to install this mod or did you do the code changes by hand?

To everyone else who is using the IP add-on... I just wanted to note that it was NOT included in the official 206c release due to the fact that it was denied by the MOD validators previously. Beyond that, most people use dynamic IP services through DSL or Dialup connections and so the IP you log on registration is rarely what they keep on a daily basis. Most users will have more IPs than you could ever ban successfully without hurting others.
DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

sasam wrote: Problem:
When I try to sort by "Last Activity" result is:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpBB2/admin/admin_userlist.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 
Other sort methods work OK :wink:

What is wrong with “Last Activity" sort method?

hrm, strange. looks as if you are missing something, which one did you load up, the one I updated or the one on page one?

What i would try doing is download it again and just reinstall the file's and make sure you put in all of them and also re do the

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
#
language/lang_english/lang_admin.php
and edit that properally. other than that I dont know, it works fine for me.
clapton

Post by clapton »

Hi,

I was redirected here from a thread on phbb support.

I asked for some information on how to improve the USER MANAGEMENT area in phpbb. They told me there was a MOD here that could help me.

I've been trying to read through this very long thread but, at a certain point, being a beginner, I was completely lost (my fault of course...).

My question: is there another shorter thread where I could find the step-by-step install procedure (with "baby-talk" like) and other fundamentals?

Another question: someone said something about an EASY MOD that apparently makes installing mods easy: where can I get that?

I apologise if these questions seem banal or whatever but, unfortunately, I'm only just beginning to understand phpbb.

Thanks in advance for ANY feedback - really appreciate it. And thanks for reading.
Dogs and things

On page 118 you´ll find the latest version of this MOD, 2.0.6c. Download it, open the file, search the install.txt. Open it, read it and follow the step-by-step instructions in it.

This MOD is very easy to install, even for a beginner, little editing has to be done, it´s mainly uploading of files that come with the MOD. :wink:
milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 »

Yeah... read the link in my sig that says "how to install mods" for directions... and you can get easymod here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=217673

The latest version of the Admin Userlist can be found here: http://deathmonkeighs.com/files/Admin_Userlist_206c.zip
sasam

Post by sasam »

milkboy31 wrote: That's the first I've heard of that sort of error... what version are you using of the admin userlist and of phpbb?

Also... did you use easymod to install this mod or did you do the code changes by hand?

I installed it with EasyMOD (0.3.0), this is my last activity with EasyMOD

31 Dec 06  Admin Userlist-Upgr. from 2.0.2 to 2.0.6c  2.0.6c  Milkboy31    2.0.22 subSilver croatian; english
25 Dec 06  Google Video Mod                           1.0.1b  Perldude69   2.0.22 subSilver croatian; english
24 Dec 06  YouTube Video BBCode                       1.0.1   michaeltripp 2.0.22 subSilver croatian; english
24 Dec 06  Multiple BBCode MOD                        1.4.0c  Nuttzy99     2.0.22 subSilver croatian; english
24 Dec 06  EasyMOD                                    0.3.0   Nuttzy       2.0.22 subSilver croatian; english
24 Dec 06  phpBB 2.0.21 to phpBB 2.0.22 Code Changes  1.0.0   Acyd Burn    2.0.21 subSilver croatian; english
17 Sep 06  phpBB 2.0.20 to phpBB 2.0.21 Code Changes  1.0.1   Acyd Burn    2.0.20 subSilver croatian; english
...                                                                                                          
I had the same problem with Adm. Usrl. v2.0.2. I thought the new version will resolve problems but they didn’t :cry: .
Strange is that all other sort methods work correctly.
Unfortunately I didn’t check this sort method after upgrade to 2.0.22 and before install other MOD-s (see my install history). I am sure that “Last Activity” sort method worked correctly on my phpBB before i upgraded to phpBB v2.0.22 but I am not sure when they stop working.

Thanks for support,
sasa
milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 »

Unless someone else has this issue with 2.0.22... then I would assume it was broken with some other mod you installed. You may have to go back and check them one by one, installing each then checking to see where it breaks... in order to narrow it down.
Gimpy2001

Post by Gimpy2001 »

I neverr liked EasyMOD because of that. If you have some MOD that already modified the file, it won't work or it'll corrupt your files.

I use phpBB 2.0.22, I'll install this MOD tonight and come back to give you some feeback, in case you're right. I have a couple of MOD installed on my forum so it might be a little longuer to edit the files. :)
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Gimpy2001 wrote: I neverr liked EasyMOD because of that. If you have some MOD that already modified the file, it won't work or it'll corrupt your files.

This is false. As an author of many mods, it really bothers me when people say things like that because it makes my job in giving support 1000 times harder when people who are inexperienced try to install mods by hand and then can't figure out where they messed up (and on long mods people usually mess up, no matter how careful).

If you really know what you are doing, go ahead and install however you want (I am experienced but I still choose to use easymod to install mods because it is so much quicker and less error prone than my doing it by hand); but if you don't know what you are doing, trying to install by hand and then asking the mod author to find the needle in a haystack error for you is just plain unfair.

Easymod certainly does not 'corrupt' your files and when you have other mods installed, easymod does not make it harder to install a new mod. When easymod can't find a line, it tells you and then you go in and do exactly what you would do if installing the mod by hand: you adapt the mod to what is actually on your board.

So as someone who actually spends a ton of time giving support for people who misinstall my mods, I request that you not give people misinformation about easymod.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”