[20/01/07] Admin Userlist

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
18%
Good
7%
Fair
2%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 556

optimusmedia

Re: [20/01/07] Admin Userlist

Post by optimusmedia »

The file seems to be missing (perhaps post crash). Please let me know when it's back!

Thanks!

Ron
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

optimusmedia wrote: The file seems to be missing (perhaps post crash). Please let me know when it's back!

Thanks!

Ron

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=526997

/me suggesting to subscribe to this Topic in order to get updated. ;)
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Looking for a specific feature or alternative option?
Scrap

Post by Scrap »

Seeing as the Mod DB is down for a bit, would anyone have a copy of this mod on another ftp site I can grab from?

Cheers.
milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 »

http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/Admin_Userlist_206c.zip

Edit: Sorry bout that... thanks for updating the link.
Last edited by milkboy31 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
WBB85

Post by WBB85 »

Is it possible, automatically when activating accounts through the userlist, to send an email notification to the user, so he knows his account has been activated?

When a user registers, he receives an email telling him that he will receive another email when his account has been activated by an administrator. But when I have activated his account through the userlist, he does not receive any notification.

Best regards
milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 »

I use the "Easy Assign User to Groups" mod in conjunction with the Admin Userlist. It really works well together. When you click a user's name in the Admin Userlist, it pulls up their profile page. From there the "Easy Assign User to Groups" mod allows you to click a radial button to add a user to a group (or multiple groups) and it sends them an email by default (though you can uncheck that if you don't want to do so) letting them know they've been moved.

If you don't regularly use usergroups, just make a basic one for "members" or something and as you activate new accounts, click the group in their profile and the activate button and hit submit. Voila. They've now been activated and have an email letting them know they have been moved to "member" status or whatever you set up.

However, if you routinely activate large numbers of accounts at once and do so by checking off their boxes and using the botton drop-down... I have no quick solution for you. Perhaps one of the other brains here can help out. ;-)

Here is a link to the easy assign users to groups thread: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=235330
And to the mod currently (until they fix the modDB): http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/Easy_as ... 1-0-7a.zip
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

I have not checked recently on this mod, but I just was thinking...

Why not make the Admin Userlist use it's own language file? ;)

And it would make it so there is no need to edit any files. :)
rplank

Pictures won't display

Post by rplank »

Great mod! I have one small problem that I'm not sure how to fix. In the User List display, the arrowright.png and arrowdown.png will not display. The link works, but the picture won't display. I made sure I have them installed in all templates/..variousthemes../image directories. Any ideas?
I am hoping maybe it is a server issue that will resolve itself, but I don't usually have that problem.

Randy

Edit:
I just discovered a second problem, but I am unsure if it is related to this. This Mod is the most recent change I made.
Trying to get to my personal profile from anywhere results in this:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /phpBB2/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 361
Any ideas? I I reuploaded a clean version of template.php, with the same error message occurring after that. I am running 2.0.22.
I have no idea what the
eval()'d code on line 361
means.... :oops:
Thanks for any ideas!
distortedice

Post by distortedice »

Excellent MOD :)
Does exactly what it says on the tin and it does it well.

Now I can delete my users faster than they can blink an eye ;) Only spam ones of course though :P
milkboy31

Re: Pictures won't display

Post by milkboy31 »

rplank wrote: Great mod! I have one small problem that I'm not sure how to fix. In the User List display, the arrowright.png and arrowdown.png will not display. The link works, but the picture won't display. I made sure I have them installed in all templates/..variousthemes../image directories. Any ideas?
I am hoping maybe it is a server issue that will resolve itself, but I don't usually have that problem.

Randy

Edit:
I just discovered a second problem, but I am unsure if it is related to this. This Mod is the most recent change I made.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /phpBB2/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 361
Any ideas? I I reuploaded a clean version of template.php, with the same error message occurring after that. I am running 2.0.22.
I have no idea what the
Thanks for any ideas!

It's hard to say from here why the images aren't working... :-? The second error is one I've never seen and the fact that this mod doesn't mess with the includes/template.php file makes me think it isn't the fault of this mod either. This mod has VERY FEW changes to existing files as it mostly just calls them from a new interface... so it's pretty rare (or impossible) for it to mess up a file like that.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: Pictures won't display

Post by asinshesq »

rplank wrote: Great mod! I have one small problem that I'm not sure how to fix. In the User List display, the arrowright.png and arrowdown.png will not display. The link works, but the picture won't display. I made sure I have them installed in all templates/..variousthemes../image directories. Any ideas?

Do the arrows show up when you use subSilver? In addition to adding those .png files to the image folder under each template, did you also make this change to each template (substituting the template name for subsilver as appropriate)?

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
templates/subSilver/subSilver.cfg

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$current_template_images = $current_template_path . "/images";

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 

$images['arrowdown'] = "$current_template_images/arrowdown.png";
$images['arrowright'] = "$current_template_images/arrowright.png";
rplank wrote: I just discovered a second problem, but I am unsure if it is related to this. This Mod is the most recent change I made.

I have no idea what the
Thanks for any ideas!

Milkboy is right that that error has nothing to do with this mod.

That error is telling you that the scrpt gets to line 127 of template.php, tries to perform an eval() of the string argument you will find in line 127, and fails at line 361 of the string it is trying to eval. (Eval() is a php function that takes a string argument and treats it as though it were php code that needs to be executed.)

Looking at line 127 of template.php, you will find this:

eval($this->compiled_code[$handle]);
That eval argument is suppposed to be the template being called, compiled in the way phpbb2's compile() function compiles it so that it is read to execute. (If you look at the compile() function in template.php you'll see what it does to translate a .tpl file into something ready for display...basically it replaces {} variables with actual values, figures out switches and loops, etc. and then dumps the answer into a series of echo statements so that when eval() executes the resutling string php will echo the answer onto the screen.)

It sounds like your only problem is when you call your own profile, correct? Do you mean when you click the 'profile' link at the top of the page? Do you have any problem when you click to view someone else's profile?

Assuming it's just your own profile (the link at the top of the page), I imagine your problem is in profile.php, includes/usercp_register (which profile.php calls when you click that profile link) or profile_add_body.tpl.

Here again, I ask: do things work properly in subSilver?

If you want to actually see what error is occuring at 'line 361', you could stick this code:

die($this->compiled_code[$handle]);
just before line 127 of template.php and then click the profile link. That will give you a screen dump of the string that is giving eval() a hard time and on line 361 of that dump you may have a clue about what is going wrong.

Beyond that, I suggest you ask in the regular support area for phpbb2 since the problem really is not about this mod.
Sam Spade

Post by Sam Spade »

When attempting to change anything in a user's profile, through the userlist, I get the following:
General Error
Admin_user_fail

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' user_skype = '' user_attachsig = 0, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '', user_allowsmile =' at line 2

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = 'User@Network.com', user_icq = '', user_website = '', user_occ = '', user_from = '', user_interests = '', user_birthday='999999', user_next_birthday_greeting=0, user_sig = '', user_viewemail = 0, user_aim = '', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '',, user_skype = '' user_attachsig = 0, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '', user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowavatar = 0, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_allow_pm = 1, user_notify_pm = 0, user_popup_pm = 0, user_lang = 'english', user_style = 6, user_timezone = 2, user_dateformat = 'D M d, Y g:i a', user_active = 1, user_rank = 0 WHERE user_id = 243

Line : 761
File : admin_users.php

What should I do?
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Sam Spade wrote: When attempting to change anything in a user's profile, through the userlist, I get the following...

That error is telling you that you have an imporperly formed query definition in admin_users.php. First thing to note: this mod does not touch admin_users.php at all (when you click the name of a user in the userlist this mod gives you, it simply takes you to admin_users.php). So I suspect if you open the same user's profile using the regular management link that appears in the ACP and try to do the same thing, you will get the same error.

As for the error itself, the error is telling you that when it runs the query that is defined shortly before line 761 of admin_users.php, the query fails. And the error tells you exactly what the failed query looks like:
UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = 'User@Network.com', user_icq = '', user_website = '', user_occ = '', user_from = '', user_interests = '', user_birthday='999999', user_next_birthday_greeting=0, user_sig = '', user_viewemail = 0, user_aim = '', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '',, user_skype = '' user_attachsig = 0, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '', user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowavatar = 0, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_allow_pm = 1, user_notify_pm = 0, user_popup_pm = 0, user_lang = 'english', user_style = 6, user_timezone = 2, user_dateformat = 'D M d, Y g:i a', user_active = 1, user_rank = 0 WHERE user_id = 243

The problem is this part in the middle:

user_msnm = '',, user_skype = '' user_attachsig = 0, 
That user_skype bit is not in a clean phpbb2 board, so you must have added that and added it in the wrong place (you added it after two commas rather than in between those commas). If that doesn't give you enough info you can post the line that reads like this in admin_users.php:

$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
plus the three lines that appear below it and we can help you figure out how to fix that.
rplank

Re:Pictures won't display

Post by rplank »

Milkboy and Alan, thanks for the help. You were both correct, as you stated the one problem was a different mod, and the pictures not displaying was my lack of properly installing the mod in the .cfg file.
I appreciate the help!
Sam Spade

Post by Sam Spade »

asinshesq wrote: That user_skype bit is not in a clean phpbb2 board, so you must have added that and added it in the wrong place (you added it after two commas rather than in between those commas). If that doesn't give you enough info you can post the line that reads like this in admin_users.php:

plus the three lines that appear below it and we can help you figure out how to fix that.

This is what's in the admin_users:

SET " . $username_sql . $passwd_sql . "user_email = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', user_icq = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', user_website = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', user_occ = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', user_from = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', user_interests = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', user_birthday='$birthday', user_next_birthday_greeting=$next_birthday_greeting, user_sig = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', user_viewemail = $viewemail, user_aim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $aim) . "', user_yim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', user_msnm = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "',, user_skype = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $skype) . "' user_attachsig = $attachsig, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '$signature_bbcode_uid', user_allowsmile = $allowsmilies, user_allowhtml = $allowhtml, user_allowavatar = $user_allowavatar, user_allowbbcode = $allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline = $allowviewonline, user_notify = $notifyreply, user_allow_pm = $user_allowpm, user_notify_pm = $notifypm, user_popup_pm = $popuppm, user_lang = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', user_style = $user_style, user_timezone = $user_timezone, user_dateformat = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', user_active = $user_status, user_rank = $user_rank" . $avatar_sql . "

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”