auto group

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
49%
Very Good
19%
Good
11%
Fair
4%
Poor
17%

Total votes: 53

Metric Mob

Post by Metric Mob »

Ok my turn... I installed and got an error in my cp on the left menu frame/page that was

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '>' in E:\mydomain.com\wwwroot\forums\admin\admin_groups.php on line 390

I could navigate the boards till I clicked the user groups link and got this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in E:\mydomain.com\wwwroot\forums\groupcp.php on line 381

here is my code, lines 381 to 390

Code: Select all

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . USER_GROUP_TABLE . " (group_id, user_id, user_pending) 
						VALUES ($group_id, " . $new_members['user_id'] . ", 0)";
					if ( !($result2 = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
					{
						message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error inserting user group, group count', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
					}
					$group_count_added++;
				}
			}
			$message = $lang['Updated_group'] . '<br />'<br />'.sprintf($lang['group_count_updated'],$group_count_remove,$group_count_added).<br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_groupsadmin'], '<a href="' . append_sid("admin_groups.$phpEx") . '">', '</a>') . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_admin_index'], '<a href="' . append_sid("index.$phpEx?pane=right") . '">', '</a>');;
I can post the whole admin_groups.php if it would help.

Any takers?
Mike
Metric Mob

Post by Metric Mob »

Ok i fixed line 390. It was an extra ' that shouldnt have been there in '<br />'<br />'

Now the question is whats wrong with this picture in line 381?
Parse error: parse error, unexpected ...forums\groupcp.php on line 381

Code: Select all

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . USER_GROUP_TABLE . " (group_id, user_id, user_pending)
Mike
Metric Mob

Post by Metric Mob »

I gave up and uninstalled it. I got more errors when trying to create a new group also. Im not much on php so i figured it would be best if i just left it alone before i really screw something up.
Mike
shayta

Post by shayta »

Just wondering if there is going to be an update to this mod for the most recent version of phpBB?
shayta

Post by shayta »

Just wondering if there is going to be an update to this mod for the most recent version of phpBB?

Update: I realized it may not be the newer version of phpBB I've upgraded too, but the new template I'm now using. Does this mod work with all templates?
magicfun1

does this mod work with categories?

Post by magicfun1 »

Here is what I want to do...sorry if I am a newb here:

I installed and am using this MOD currently. I want to use this MOD to have all my users join a group when the reach a set amount of posts and have access to a forum category. Then when a user has more posts, it will automatically escalate them to another user group and have access to another category.

Can this be done with this MOD -- or another MOD with it?

Could someone point me in the right direction for doing this?

On another note, are there any instructions for actually using this MOD somewhere? I am wondering what I am missing here...and utilizing the MODs full potential.

Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!
G78

Multiple language with group?

Post by G78 »

I have a english/french forum. This mod would be really great if theres was a added option in the registration form.

The best would be that depending of the language selection, it would auto select the correct group (properlly configurated) to make specified forums visible.

Am using auto_lang mod. If they could work togheter, would be perfect.

Am also using Join_open_group mod, but it does'nt seem to work with the auto_join_group mod.

Anyway, any help on this would be trully appreciated.
shayta

Post by shayta »

Still looking for an update of Auto Group for the newest version of phpBB. When I go to ACP and list EasyMOD History, it shows Auto Group mod, but for phpBB version 2.0.19. The problem is I have phpBB version 2.0.20 now and after I upgraded phpBB, Auto Group stopped working.
Metric Mob

Re: does this mod work with categories?

Post by Metric Mob »

magicfun1 wrote: Here is what I want to do...sorry if I am a newb here:

I installed and am using this MOD currently. I want to use this MOD to have all my users join a group when the reach a set amount of posts and have access to a forum category. Then when a user has more posts, it will automatically escalate them to another user group and have access to another category.

Can this be done with this MOD -- or another MOD with it?

Could someone point me in the right direction for doing this?

On another note, are there any instructions for actually using this MOD somewhere? I am wondering what I am missing here...and utilizing the MODs full potential.

Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Yes, this is how themod should work from what I got. Since I wasnt able to get the mod to work properly (witout errors) I cant be real sure though. According to what I read though, thats exactly what it is supposed to do.
Mike
echo104b

Post by echo104b »

Nevermind

I deleted the mod. It's not worth the hastle
nwbasser

Post by nwbasser »

has anyone successfully gotten this mod working on phpbb 2.0.20?
I'm really considering this mod, but want to make sure it works out of the box without some php tweaking.
adiktd

Post by adiktd »

my groups page on my board won't load the members or anything anymore :(
I'm no pro at any of this really but if I can help I will. :)

my board -> http://www.sofreshforums.com
my site -> http://www.adiktd.com
new biz -> http://www.girladspace.com

get a free blog -> http://www.dopetype.com
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

nwbasser wrote: has anyone successfully gotten this mod working on phpbb 2.0.20?
I'm really considering this mod, but want to make sure it works out of the box without some php tweaking.

Works like a charm. :wink:
soaknfused

Post by soaknfused »

OK, so I really should have read all the posts about this MOD prior to installing it.. after un-fubbering the SQL entries and a fair share of code troubles in various files I have it working correctly.... except, as others have mentioned when I go to groups and click on view info it just recycles back without showing the info.. very frustrating.. anyone out there have any idea??? I'm not getting any errors, it just doesnt show anything..
soaknfused

Post by soaknfused »

OK, i fixed err, un-fubbard it... was missing an { in the code

if anyone is still watching this topic and wants further info, PM me..

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”