Multiple BBCode MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
3%
Poor
16%

Total votes: 237

Ikyoto

Parse error:syntax error

Post by Ikyoto » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:26 pm

Here's the full error:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /****/********/public_html/test/includes/bbcode.php on line 49
and here's the line verbatum:

$help_lang = (!empty($lang['bbcode_help'][(strtolower($EMBB_values[$i]))]) ) ? $lang['bbcode_help'][(strtolower($EMBB_values[$i]))] : $lang['bbcode_help'][$EMBB_values[$i]];
I can't figure out which whitespace it's trying to tell me about. Any suggestions.

This isn't a critical item as this is for the test forum I've made to make errors and learn from them in, so it's not a publically functional forum.

Trunks81

Post by Trunks81 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:15 pm

How do i install multi bb code when i have Advanced BBcode box installed
Does any one know this ?

Greeting Trunks

reefstyle12

error

Post by reefstyle12 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:21 am

i dont understand this... i installed it everything and made sure that i did all the steps right.... and then when i either go preview or submit i get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dss_rand() in /home/content/b/l/i/blindzero/html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 238

now... i deleted those files then put in the backup ones... and still the same damn error when i go disable bbcode... then i can preview but now the color tags and img tags dont work.... can anyone help? :(

bajanboost

Post by bajanboost » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:02 am

Where is the support? I posted 2 problems several days ago and haven't had a response yet....Is there even support being offered? Whats going on? :?

jokieman31

Post by jokieman31 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:13 am

bajanboost wrote: Where is the support? I posted 2 problems several days ago and haven't had a response yet....Is there even support being offered? Whats going on? :?

I'm finding that a lot of these mods no longer have support from the author. I've counted 6 mods today that I checked into that haven't seen postings from the author for months.

Unfortunately, most of them had to do with security and SEO optimization.

In fact after checking the author's web site it appears that he won't be doing anymore updating of his mods for 2.0.x
Eric wrote: I probably won't be writing any more MODs for 2.0.x.

bajanboost

Post by bajanboost » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:23 pm

Then why the hell are we using phpbb? Why not vbulletin where I get the support I need...Why destroy such a good open-source forum such as PHPBB because the creators of the mod don't support the error that come about?

bajanboost

Post by bajanboost » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:51 pm

Here I go again with my problem:

HELP!!!

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:00 pm

bajanboost wrote: Then why the hell are we using phpbb? Why not vbulletin where I get the support I need...Why destroy such a good open-source forum such as PHPBB because the creators of the mod don't support the error that come about?

MOD Authors aren't phpBB. Don't judge phpBB because of a MOD Author. If you want to use VBulletin, then go ahead. No one is going to stop you.

With your problem, double check to make sure you installed everything correctly. I can't think of any reason why this MOD would cause that problem because it doesn't even touch the quoting code. It only adds code to includes/bbcode.php.
Eric

wGEric
Former Team Member

Re: Parse error:syntax error

Post by wGEric » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:02 pm

Ikyoto wrote: Here's the full error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /****/********/public_html/test/includes/bbcode.php on line 49
and here's the line verbatum:

$help_lang = (!empty($lang['bbcode_help'][(strtolower($EMBB_values[$i]))]) ) ? $lang['bbcode_help'][(strtolower($EMBB_values[$i]))] : $lang['bbcode_help'][$EMBB_values[$i]];
I can't figure out which whitespace it's trying to tell me about. Any suggestions.

This isn't a critical item as this is for the test forum I've made to make errors and learn from them in, so it's not a publically functional forum.

I'd guess that the problem is in the line above or a few lines above that one. I don't see any errors in that code. Post a few lines above that line.
Eric

wGEric
Former Team Member

Re: error

Post by wGEric » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:04 pm

reefstyle12 wrote: i dont understand this... i installed it everything and made sure that i did all the steps right.... and then when i either go preview or submit i get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dss_rand() in /home/content/b/l/i/blindzero/html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 238

now... i deleted those files then put in the backup ones... and still the same damn error when i go disable bbcode... then i can preview but now the color tags and img tags dont work.... can anyone help? :(

You didn't update to 2.0.20 correctly.
Eric

DiSpy

Post by DiSpy » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:53 pm

bajanboost wrote: After I installed this mod, I am getting a serious error with quoting.

Instead of showing someone's quoted box, like this:
Quote this....

It just has the code, like this:

[quote]Quote this....[/quote]

Why is it not quoting correctly and showing just code?

I am having the same error on my boards... :(

DiSpy

Post by DiSpy » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:35 pm

Trunks81

Post by Trunks81 » Tue May 02, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi trying to install this one, but cant find the next line

f_help = "{L_BBCODE_F_HELP}";

Need to install this mod for the wiki for advanced bb code box
Can some one help me ?

Reepicheep

Post by Reepicheep » Fri May 05, 2006 5:39 pm

I can't find this code

<select name="addbbcodefontcolor" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.options[this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]')" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">
in templates/aluminoid/posting_body.tpl any help would be great it's in templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl but can't find it in the template aluminoid.

Reepicheep

Post by Reepicheep » Sat May 06, 2006 8:38 am

Bump.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”