Multiple BBCode MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
3%
Poor
16%

Total votes: 237

ninja28

Post by ninja28 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:53 pm

are the downloads videos?

Socialoutcast

Post by Socialoutcast » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:34 am

It was an easy install and seems to be working fine with the YouTube Video BBCode MOD :)

docworks

Using Easy Mod to install Multi BBCode

Post by docworks » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:19 am

When I used the Easy MOD I had no problem installing the first two MODs but the MOD, Multi BBCode update 1.2.1 to 1.4.0, gives me this error.
Error Detail

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

// MULTI BBCODE-begin
//NOTE: the first element of each array must be '' Add new elements AFTER the ''
$EMBB_keys = array('') ;
$EMBB_widths = array('') ;
$EMBB_values = array('') ;
for ($i=1; $i<count($EMBB_values); $i++)
{
// load BBcode MODs info
$val = ($i*2)+16 ;
$template->assign_block_vars('MultiBB', array(
'KEY' => $EMBB_keys[$i],
'NAME' => "addbbcode$val",
'WIDTH' => $EMBB_widths[$i],
'VALUE' => $EMBB_values[$i],
'STYLE' => "bbstyle($val)")
);
}
// MULTI BBCODE-end

MOD script line #60 :: FAQ :: Report

MOD Data
MOD Title: Multi BBCode update 1.2.1 to 1.4.0 1.4.0c multi-bbc_update_1-2-1_to_1-4-0.mod
Author: Nuttzy99 nospam@blizzhackers.com n/a http://www.blizzhackers.com
Processed Themes: subSilver; subSilver
Processed Languages: english
Files Edited: 1
Commands Processed: 1
Unprocessed Commands: 0

Please help me, I am new to this.

DOC

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: Using Easy Mod to install Multi BBCode

Post by asinshesq » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:46 am

docworks wrote: When I used the Easy MOD I had no problem installing the first two MODs but the MOD, Multi BBCode update 1.2.1 to 1.4.0, gives me this error....

Why are you trying to install an upgrade script on top of the main mod?????

If you install the mod multi-bbc-1-4-0.mod that means you have installed version 1.4.0...so why would you install the other mods that are for upgrading from an earlier version to 1.4.0?

If you successfully installed 1.4.0 and you also ran the multi-bbc_update_1-0-1_to_1-2-1.mod update, you need to go in and manually undo the changes from multi-bbc_update_1-0-1_to_1-2-1.mod and then you'll be done.

docworks

I'm new to this so be gentle....

Post by docworks » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:25 am

I know your not going to like this but here it goes.....you said that:
If you successfully installed 1.4.0 and you also ran the multi-bbc_update_1-0-1_to_1-2-1.mod update, you need to go in and manually undo the changes from multi-bbc_update_1-0-1_to_1-2-1.mod and then you'll be done.

Can someone explain how to manually undo changes.

Novice in trouble
DOC

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: I'm new to this so be gentle....

Post by asinshesq » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:47 am

docworks wrote: I know your not going to like this but here it goes.....you said that:

Can someone explain how to manually undo changes.

Novice in trouble
DOC

open up multi-bbc_update_1-0-1_to_1-2-1.mod with a text editor and see what it tells you to do....just undo that single change (but it only tells you to put it in once so only take out one copy of that code(

docworks

Thank You

Post by docworks » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Thank You it works!

GaVrA

Post by GaVrA » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:22 pm

hmm i need help with installing this mod... i did everything until i get to editing templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl :!: some code i need to edit is missing here... :? so is there any chance i can install this mod or no? :) i mean maybe some other mod i installed deleted this code(CH MOD maybe)?

langeweile

Post by langeweile » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:54 pm

sorry, but i can´t open the video files with my windows media player, is there any normal install.txt?

Socialoutcast

Post by Socialoutcast » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:57 am

Socialoutcast wrote: It was an easy install and seems to be working fine with the YouTube Video BBCode MOD :)

OK scratch that a member of my forum has made me aware that no one can change the font colour using the drop down menu when posting. They have to manually write it out. The thing is as I installed both this MOD and the youtube video BBCode MOD within minutes of each other I've no idea which one is causing the problem. I've also since added the "Users viewing forum on Index" MOD but I've looked through it and can't see how it could be effecting the font colour menu (though I am a noob I'll admit)

I've looked through the first 12 pages of this thread and I know I should read it all but it's now 3am here in the UK. So could someone please help me out and point me in the right direction?

Chudz

Post by Chudz » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:52 am

EDIT: Wrong Topic

cynthetiq

Post by cynthetiq » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Socialoutcast wrote:
Socialoutcast wrote:It was an easy install and seems to be working fine with the YouTube Video BBCode MOD :)

OK scratch that a member of my forum has made me aware that no one can change the font colour using the drop down menu when posting. They have to manually write it out. The thing is as I installed both this MOD and the youtube video BBCode MOD within minutes of each other I've no idea which one is causing the problem. I've also since added the "Users viewing forum on Index" MOD but I've looked through it and can't see how it could be effecting the font colour menu (though I am a noob I'll admit)

I've looked through the first 12 pages of this thread and I know I should read it all but it's now 3am here in the UK. So could someone please help me out and point me in the right direction?

Thanks for mentioning this, I recently installed this mod and decided to check to see if I have this problem as well, and sure enough I do. I don't know where to begin either. I've installed lots of mods by hand and by easymod but when it comes to troubleshooting them... that's a whole different story.

Socialoutcast

Post by Socialoutcast » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:37 pm

OK Finally managed to get the time to look through all 48 pages (what fun I had lol) and there's no solution mentioned for the font colours problem I'm having. So I'm going to have a beer or six fire up the ftp and look through everything I did for the tenth time.

I think I'll also look for an idiots guide to php while I'm drinking... I mean in the mood to get this fixed :D

Swanny22

Problems

Post by Swanny22 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:54 am

I'm missing the first line of code to edit...HELP :oops:

Socialoutcast

Post by Socialoutcast » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:36 pm

OK I've fixed my colour font drop down menu problem. Can I just say (and I don't claim to be an expert) the MOD instructions about editing templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl are rather poorly written :evil:

for instance

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
#
#  NOTE - the full line to look for is:
#					<select name="addbbcodefontcolor" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.options[this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]')" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">
#
	name="addbbcode18"

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]---------------------------------
#
name="addbbcode18"
Ignore for now " NOTE - the full line to look for is:" as that is what it will look like AFTER you have edited the blinking thing. Just find:

name="addbbcode18"
And replace the entire line it's in with what the instructions told you to look for so it would now be:

<select name="addbbcodefontcolor" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.options[this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]')" onMouseOver="helpline('s')"> 
Don't updates to MODS have to go through any sort of testing before their posted? Because this one should be worded in a less misleading way.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”