Multiple BBCode MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
3%
Poor
16%

Total votes: 237

bfogt

Smiley and BBCode buttons stopped working

Post by bfogt »

I need some quick help on this. In a fast search, I found about three stranded threads about this and one where the person appears to have fixed the problem. But there is no account of the solution.

After installing Multiple BBCode and 3 of the mods using it, I can no longer use the BBCode buttons or the Smilies. The Flyover help stopped working as well. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the cause?

I loaded a few MODs thinking that EasyMod would protect me from problems. Whoops. So, if one of the other mods did it to me, I couldn't tell you the order at this point. I did learn my lesson, though.

Help is terribly appreciated.

EDIT: Turns out it was that I applied the setfocus mod and removing it from subsilver did the trick. Now on to the other templates!
Schiz

Post by Schiz »

there is a change in the template subsilver, does that mean it won´t work with other templates???, and if it does work with other templates, why do i have to change that?
bodeekwa

parsing error

Post by bodeekwa »

I am receiving this error. Line 971 is "//" after html toggle, so i am very confused about this.

Parse error: parse error in /home/strtgang/public_html/billboard/posting.php on line 971

//
// Signature toggle selection
//
if( $user_sig != '' )
{
$template->assign_block_vars('switch_signature_checkbox', array());
}

//
// HTML toggle selection
//
if ( $board_config['allow_html'] )
{
$html_status = $lang['HTML_is_ON'];
$template->assign_block_vars('switch_html_checkbox', array());
}
else
{
$html_status = $lang['HTML_is_OFF'];
}
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

Check the last MOD you installed. Retrace the steps. There must be a bracket missing somewhere. And it can't catch it right away until it sees too many opening/closing brackets.
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
dementeddogz

Post by dementeddogz »

nm fixed
Last edited by dementeddogz on Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
tff

Help pls.

Post by tff »

I need some help. I'm editing templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl.

Here is where it gets confusing:

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
#
#  NOTE - the full line to look for is:
#                          <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(16)" onMouseOver="helpline('w')" />
#                          </span></td>
#
        name="addbbcode16"
        </td>
Well I searched for the line, and found it. Here is the line:

<input type="button" class="button" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(16)" onMouseOver="helpline('w')" />
                          </span></td>
What part am I supposed to edit? This is very confusing. :(
tff

Post by tff »

I need some help. I'm editing templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl.

Here is where it gets confusing:

#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
#
#                          <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(16)" onMouseOver="helpline('w')" />
#                          </span></td>
#
        name="addbbcode16"
        </td>
Well I searched for the line, and found it. Here is the line:

<input type="button" class="button" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(16)" onMouseOver="helpline('w')" />
                          </span></td>

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------
#

<!-- BEGIN MultiBB -->
                        <td><span class="genmed">
                          <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="{MultiBB.KEY}" name="{MultiBB.NAME}" value="{MultiBB.VALUE}" style="width: {MultiBB.WIDTH}px" onClick="{MultiBB.STYLE}" onMouseOver="helpline('{MultiBB.KEY}')" />
                          </span></td>
                        <!-- END MultiBB -->
Can someone show me what the code is supposed to look like? This is very confusing. :cry:
dementeddogz

Post by dementeddogz »

anyone?
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

Demented, you put it on the next line, not mid-line. Just so you understand that. The find is just shortened so you don't have to copy paste as much to acctually 'Find'. When ever it says AFTER ADD, it ALWAYS means the next line. Only is it in the same line when it says IN-LINE, AFTER ADD
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
dementeddogz

Post by dementeddogz »

yeah realized that ,thanks. Some how overlooked that. Im pretty sure ive got everything put in but still having issues getting it to work :\
jedinerd

Post by jedinerd »

i tried to install it with easy mod and i got this

Critical Error

Function Trace: open_files[5]->modio_open[3]

Could not open [./mods/multi-bbc-1-2-1/processed/posting.php.txt] for writing.
MOD script line #53 ::

can someone help me?
calirckr

Post by calirckr »

ok so I just installed this and the glow/shadow MOD. the glow and shadow show up and everything is fine except the glow shadow doesnt work. Do I have to change that variable for the Multiple BBCode MOD? The one n or whatever. Sorry if this is a noob question.
newtronical1

Need Some Advise Please

Post by newtronical1 »

In the install directions, I see this.....

#			  <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(16)" onMouseOver="helpline('w')" />
#			  </span></td>
#
	name="addbbcode16"
	</td>

I have looked and found this...

</span></td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr> 

Myt question is do I add the code after the </td>
and if you notice...the name="addbbcode16" part in the 1st code Im looking for is not at the bottom of my code like it is listed in what to search for.
Should I be concerned about this?

Where exactly do I insert this code please?
calirckr

Re: Need Some Advise Please

Post by calirckr »

your code looks exactly as mine did. All you do is insert the code after the </td>
newtronical1

Post by newtronical1 »

OK after the</td> and before the </tr>?
I tried it after the </td> and came up with errors.
I replaced everything in the template file with the exception of installing this piece of code in the right place and did the post.php which was pretyty simple.
After I install the code in question, do I go to the easymod in the Admin. area and run it???
Sorry for the noob questions guys, Im learning alot trying to install these things though....

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”