Multiple BBCode MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
3%
Poor
16%

Total votes: 237

gordon-creAtive

Re: [2.0.19] Multiple BBCode MOD

Post by gordon-creAtive »

How can I create OWN bbcodes with this mod? I don't mean the one I downloaded, I want to create new ones by myself! The KB link at the beginning is "dead".
ImageImageImageImageImage

jlenko

Post by jlenko »

I apologize if this has already been discussed (I'm not going to read thru 55 pages, sorry folks... I don't actually care that much).

Why is this mod file so f'd up?
## Installation Time: 2 minutes
Totally wrong.. I'm a quick modder now, and it took me at least 10 minutes because there's so many errors... onto that later...
## Files To Edit: posting.php
## templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl
Where's the rest of the list? There's a few missing....! For those reading... this is the full list:

posting.php
privmsg.php
includes/bbcode.php
templates/*/posting_body.tpl
language/lang_english/lang_main.php

Some of the find listings are completely wrong:
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------

#

# NOTE - the full line to look for is:

# </select> &nbsp;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcodefontsize" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcodefontsize.options[this.form.addbbcodefontsize.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">

#

name="addbbcode20"
</select> &nbsp;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcodefontsize" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcodefontsize.options[this.form.addbbcodefontsize.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">

should be

</select> &nbsp;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcode20" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">

because the author replaced the addbbcode20 with addbbcodefontsize in the find text! :roll:

Don't get me wrong... it's an awesome mod... but someone should re-write the mod file properly.

xeroz-

Post by xeroz- »

wow 56 pages of comments and questions....found a reply similar to my problem..im running phpbb 2.0.11....and this mod seems to not help with that version....please don't tell me i have to completely update my whole forums because i want 1 simple extra bbcode....the line of code im missing is in the posting_body.tpl
im not going to post the entire coding im missing as i seen that was removed in the past lol but what im missing to add into the tpl file...lets just say its about 90% of that tpl file....is there any way around this without upgrading completely?

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

xeroz- wrote:please don't tell me i have to completely update my whole forums because i want 1 simple extra bbcode....
No, you have to completely upgrade because you are going to be hacked to pieces if you continue to use 2.0.11. You are facing a real world substantial risk, you should deal with that risk.

wantjoule

Post by wantjoule »

Hey Guys

I am using PHPBB2 2.0.22 and i am getting this error when installing.

Error Detail
Critical Error
FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:
make_jumpbox(
MOD script line #72 :: FAQ :: Report

ANy ideas?

canesoverhere.com

Post by canesoverhere.com »

I installed this mod last night and then installed the youtube mod. So, I don't know which mod may have screwed this up, though I'm guessing it's multi_bbcode. When a poster replies via the "quote" button - the button that takes you to a reply text window and has the person's post you're replying to quoted, starting with {quote="Poster1"} and ending with {/quote} (I have replaced square brackets with squiggly ones to avoid the bbcode here), the bbcode isn't recognized. The post just shows {quote="Poster1"} and {/quote} before and after the text that the poster is trying to quote.

Now, if a poster goes in and erases the ="Poster1" part, the bbcode is recognized and works fine. I've searched as much as I can stomach for an answer to this, but obviously it's tedious fishing through all the references to the word "quote". Any help on this would be appreciated.

canesoverhere.com

canesoverhere.com wrote:I installed this mod last night and then installed the youtube mod. So, I don't know which mod may have screwed this up, though I'm guessing it's multi_bbcode. When a poster replies via the "quote" button - the button that takes you to a reply text window and has the person's post you're replying to quoted, starting with {quote="Poster1"} and ending with {/quote} (I have replaced square brackets with squiggly ones to avoid the bbcode here), the bbcode isn't recognized. The post just shows {quote="Poster1"} and {/quote} before and after the text that the poster is trying to quote.

Now, if a poster goes in and erases the ="Poster1" part, the bbcode is recognized and works fine. I've searched as much as I can stomach for an answer to this, but obviously it's tedious fishing through all the references to the word "quote". Any help on this would be appreciated.
Please?

canesoverhere.com

canesoverhere.com wrote:I installed this mod last night and then installed the youtube mod. So, I don't know which mod may have screwed this up, though I'm guessing it's multi_bbcode. When a poster replies via the "quote" button - the button that takes you to a reply text window and has the person's post you're replying to quoted, starting with {quote="Poster1"} and ending with {/quote} (I have replaced square brackets with squiggly ones to avoid the bbcode here), the bbcode isn't recognized. The post just shows {quote="Poster1"} and {/quote} before and after the text that the poster is trying to quote.

OK, so today I've discovered that the {url=}{/url} functionality is gone, as is {list=}{/list} (even though nobody uses that one). {url}{/url} works fine, as does {list}{/list}, so it appears that any use of an = in any of my bbcode renders the code useless. Can anyone offer any insight on this, suggest a fix, or anything?

Thanks in advance.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

canesoverhere.com wrote: today I've discovered that the {url=}{/url} functionality is gone
You mean like this?

phpbb group

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.phpbb.com]phpbb group[/url]
That works fine.

canesoverhere.com

Brf wrote:
canesoverhere.com wrote: today I've discovered that the {url=}{/url} functionality is gone
You mean like this?

phpbb group

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.phpbb.com]phpbb group[/url]
That works fine.
Great. I missed where someone had typed it in wrong (forgot the / before url), so I thought that was hosed, too, but url is OK. list isn't, though, and much more importantly, quote= isn't. Someone please help. It's not like there's somewhere else I can go to find this or link up with people who have had a similar error.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

quote and list should both work fine too. I was thinking there was a problem with quote back with 2.0.19 or 2.0.20, but neither is broken by this mod.

You didnt try to use "changed files" did you, rather than editing the files yourself?

wantjoule

Post by wantjoule »

Hi guys

I am still having issue installing the Multiple BBCode MOD.

when i try to install Multiple BBCode MOD 1.4.0c with EasyMOD and get the following error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:
make_jumpbox(

metroplex79

Post by metroplex79 »

I agree. In the following code:

# make_jumpbox('viewforum.'.$phpEx);
#
make_jumpbox(

Why add the last line? Leaving the open parenthesis "(" makes it seem like we need to add something to the same line... it would almost be better if that line was exluded as seen below:

#

Don't get me wrong, the fact that someone created a mod at all, I'm extremely grateful.

But just an opinion. :roll:
MetroPlex - Forum Moderator
GTA4Boards.com
Grand Theft Auto IV Message Boards

http://www.gta4boards.com
"All GTA4... All the time..."

Tom C

Post by Tom C »

Someone really needs to re-write this mod, and have the download on the first page reflect the change. I can't believe it's screwed up so bad. Is this someones version of April Fools, or something?

I've manually installed this mod, and have had to work out the bugs via all the White Page error messages.

Most of the errors that need to be watched for are where the Mod author instructions read something like:
#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
#
#
make_jumpbox(
This error occurs FIVE times throughout the entire Mod instruction.

In this example, the "NOTE ... make_jumpbox('viewforum.'.$phpEx);" is the actual code that need sought after, and NOT just make_jumpbox(

Hint: ANYWHERE YOU FIND NOTE:... THEN THIS IS THE ACTUAL CODE TO FIND, AND NOT THE VERSION BELOW IT.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Tom C wrote: In this example, the "NOTE ... make_jumpbox('viewforum.'.$phpEx);" is the actual code that need sought after, and NOT just make_jumpbox(
The instruction is correct. You need to find a line of code. That line begins with "make_jumpbox(". It could have told you to look for "make_j" and been just as correct.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”