Ranks summarize

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
51%
Very Good
34%
Good
7%
Fair
No votes
Poor
7%

Total votes: 41

sundark

Post by sundark » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:48 am

Error retrieving cash data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'sundark1_uk_db.cash' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM cash ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 657
File : /data/members/free/tripod/uk/s/u/n/sundark1/htdocs/includes/functions_cash.php

what shold i do?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:11 am

Posting in the dedicated topic sounds like a good point to start :).

Tinpiliycfa

Post by Tinpiliycfa » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:23 pm

Stupide question, but what's exactly the special ranks and what is it used for please ?

TX

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:45 pm

Special Ranks are ones in which you can "Assign" to some of your members. Usually this would be used if you do not want that users rank to change. IE. A special rank for moderators, admins, group moderators.. or whatever structure you take with your ranking system. There are probably other applications of use with the special ranks, although code-wise I dont have any idea what it is.

Tinpiliycfa

Post by Tinpiliycfa » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:47 pm

Yes but what's the point to decide that a certain rank is special. What will this change for users ???

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:07 pm

The point at which you decide to make a special rank is up to you. The best suggestion I have for you is to install the mod and play with it.. It will make more sense once you have one in place. Think of it like this. If you make a rank system, your members will progress in ranks the more they post. If you have a user or group of users that you don't want their ranks to change, then you can assign them a "special rank" in which case their rank may never change unless you tell it to. Its all about what you need as an administrator.

Tinpiliycfa

Post by Tinpiliycfa » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:15 pm

Thanks a lot

vegeta9870

Post by vegeta9870 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:02 am

I installed this mod with easymod and i get the following error, I uploaded the files, to the correct places.
Warning: init_userprefs(): Unable to access ././includes/lang_extend_mac.php in /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 258

Warning: init_userprefs(././includes/lang_extend_mac.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 258

Warning: init_userprefs(): Failed opening '././includes/lang_extend_mac.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 258

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php:258) in /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php:258) in /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php:258) in /home/zero/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 478

If anyone could help this would be appreciated
The URL is here

Deadly Shadow

Post by Deadly Shadow » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:57 pm

Hey. Do you know how to make it so the names don't show up for the people who have the ranks? Like...

Ranks Minimum Posts
Grunt
(18) Darkgamr, Beastman, Superfly, Lotad, jce108, v-virus, Ang88, staticx57, PG.Count, [VC]CaptainValor, ...
Grunt Major

Jackal

But that in a table. How can I make it so the names don't show up??? I just want it to show the ranks. Not show the people who have the ranks. Also. Why doesn't the image show up? I have to type in /ranks.php. I'm using the Aoulus theme. - www.halopcmods.com/forums - It doesn't show ranks. Any idea why? So I have 2 questions

- How can I make the names not show up on ranks.php for people who have the rank and...

- How come the picture doesn't show up? I have to type in /ranks.php - This is the boaard I want it to show up on - www.halopcmods.com/forums

also. I hope u have noticed that I've gotten it to work. Now I just have 2 ?'s

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:10 am

Take the time to read the constants explanations at the top of ranks.php : all is explain.

For your ranks images, that's mean they are not found with your setup : you have to set a correct directory and name for the images within the ACP (standard phpBB setup).

Deadly Shadow

Post by Deadly Shadow » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:34 am

Can u be a bit more detailed with how to do that with my template?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:46 am

This is a phpBB issue, not a mod issue : look into your DOCS/ directory, or the doc and faqs here.

ultranator

Post by ultranator » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:54 am

ok I installed it, and I got this error:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

I know that I'm using a different template, so does that make a differense? and if so where do I tell it to look at the different template?

Also, I put it in the other template folder instead of the subsliver folder, does that make a difference also?

** edit, sorry, I'm a dumby, didn't have one of the files uploaded, it works fine now, thanks for the awsome mod**

beggers

Post by beggers » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:44 am

Sneakypete wrote: i can believe it, if you allow it to show all 5000 members, i can imagine the load, but limit the number of members to 10 / 20 and its getting less information than a big forum.

The problem is that you have to either show all the people who have achieved a rank, or forget it. If you have 100 people in a rank, what's the point of showing 20 of them? It's useless. EVeryone will just complain that they aren't listed.

I like this mod but I just can't use it due to the large number of users.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:38 am

First, showing the firsts users is not so "stupid" that you think : it shows at least the most posters, and shows also there is some. Then in case of you didn't figure, you can disable this display, letting only the number appeared.

So this : "I just can't use it due to the large number of users" is just a non-sense : second time I have to remind you.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”