Simply Merge Threads

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
20%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
12%

Total votes: 124

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

No particular reason : the api used (topics list) is also used in viewforum with the split topic type mod and topic order mod, and so topic calendar for the scheduler view (and some other mods of mine too) : it makes a consistent way to display topics list, when te "I've replied to this topic" get some values :).

LindaCheung

Post by LindaCheung »

Ok, so now I have installed it, and nothing looks wrong expect I couldnt figure out how to merge the topics. o_o I'm getting headache. This is my second time install this mod. Anyone have any idea? What should I do now? O_Q *cries* I forgot to say I'm using 2.0.15 phpbb. And have installed attachment and quick reply mods.

JJX2

Post by JJX2 »

Check the button under the topic title ;)

LindaCheung

Post by LindaCheung »

to JJX2: Thanks for your reply.
This is what I see when I click on 'moderate this forum':

Ummm... I didnt see any merge button...o_O

Edit: NVM, :oops: I found the button, and it's working alright with my phpbb.

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

Little problem...

It might be because of me not installing the other 2 mods that are bundled in with this one, but I'm sure I just avoided the steps to do with those two mods.

When I click on the Merge button, it just shows a blank page. Nothing appears. It can't even find the source when I select View Source. :(

I'm running a local copy, so I don't know if that's the problem or not - or it could be that I used EasyMOD. Don't know why, since it was a small Mod mind you. :P

I thought it also may have been a Firefox problem, but I tried it on Internet Explorer, and the same thing happens.

Also, I've got the following Mods already installed -

Categories Hierarchy (2.0.4)
Attachment Mod (2.3.13)
Points System (2.1.1)
Add New Field to Profile (1.2.2)
Forum Notification (1.4.0)

Along with Hacks List and EasyMOD, which I doubt will matter. :P

Any ideas, anyone? :D

Thanks!

8daysaweek.co.uk

Post by 8daysaweek.co.uk »

We found installation including the bundled mods to be a little confusing - but it worked first time and is exactly what we were looking for. Thank you :D
James
http://www.8daysaweek.co.uk - A User-Focused OOo site, with Forums, Help Centre,
Easy Installation CDs & OOo on USB Key

kalebsmom

Post by kalebsmom »

My main co-admin and techo-guru (I'm a techno-duh, btw) installed this MOD on our board and it is working great.

However.....

I quickly noticed the problem with topic titles, but realized that editing the title of the destination thread prior to merging them would give you the title you want.

However......

The resulting merged thread, while we can edit the title again, the edited title doesn't show up in the listing of the threads in the forum, you only see the edited title when you click on the first page of the thread.

I can live with the fact that you cannot get a new title to "stick" during the merge (why keep giving that option in the first place if it's never, ever worked, btw?), but to be unable to edit the thread's title after the merge and make it show up in the topic listing is, to me, a much bigger problem.

Can you explain this and or help with this? It would be greatly appreciated as many of our threads are "updated" regularly and the title of the threads are edited to reflect those updates. Now, this is not possible.

EDITED TO ADD:

This problem (with renaming the thread after the merge) seems to occure only when merging a thread that was migrated from another board with a thread started at the board where the merge is taking place. We migrated thousands of threads from our old ezboard, but when merging them (as the destination thread) with "replacement" threads started at our phpBB board, the title of the resulting merged thread cannot seem to be edited (well, it can, but the edited title won't show up in the topic listings).

We can edit the title of the migrated thread PRIOR to the merge, but not AFTER the merge. Any thoughts on this?

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Does the author have a timetable in place to possibly allow this mod to be used with his CH 2.1.1?

After reading this thread he responded to this request in Jan 2005.

BTW, we really are digging your mods.

Thanks.

[EDIT: Actually there is some functionality with CH but you need to know the topic ID of the other thread you want to merge with

keep getting Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/b/betraythisco/htdocs/forum/includes/functions_admin.php on line 61]

FarmGrrl

Post by FarmGrrl »

Sorry to be a boob, but I cannot seem to figure this out. I have followed your instructions (went over them 2x) and yet I do not see a Merge button ANYWHERE! Where am I supposed to see it? In the Moderator CP or in the Forum or where? Do I have to enable it somewhere after following your instructions? Using phpbb 2.0.15. We are hosted so I am not sure how we would upgrade.

---------------------------------
I found the button! Not where I would expect it at all, I had to squint at the mod instructions and read the code around them to find it. Now when I click Merge I get a really nasty error:

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error
 The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
 Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ohmymaude.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
 More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.ohmymaude.net Port 80
---------------
OK it was permissions. It was 666 and I changed it to 644. So I get the Merge page. So it works. But I have to know the Topic ID's. I thought that this was the topic-list part of the mod. I followed those instructions too but I dunno what else I have to do. Sorry for being a moron.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Does the author have a timetable in place to possibly allow this mod to be used with his CH 2.1.1?

After reading this thread he responded to this request in Jan 2005.

BTW, we really are digging your mods.

Thanks.

[EDIT: Actually there is some functionality with CH but you need to know the topic ID of the other thread you want to merge with

keep getting Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/b/betraythisco/htdocs/forum/includes/functions_admin.php on line 61]

To make matters worse if that line is commented out then you will get "no forums" in all modcp functions (move, split, etc.)

newtech

Not enough room for Post URL

Post by newtech »

I do not want to move an entire topic to another topic. I just want to move some posts in one topic to another topic.

According to the instructions, you can enter the URL for a specific post. The problem is when I enter the URL, there is not enough room for the last 10 characters of the URL.

Solution?

nedostizni

Post by nedostizni »

it would be good if there were be some kind of the tutorial, like it has been done for the Split option: http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/#section5_1_4

nedostizni

Post by nedostizni »

I seem to have problems with language files (even i have done everything like it is said in the readme.txt).
Here:
1.)first i don`t have an "merge" image appearing at the bottom of the topic page. Why is that, when i have uploaded it at templates/subSilver/images/topic_merge.gif ?
2.)Second when i click on merge function, i get the following table with missing text.
3.)I got a some message with "Yes" and "No" (probably asking to me, do i realy want to do that - merge), but i don`t see the question.
4.)At last at the confirmation message, i don`t see the first line of text, probably saying something like: you have successfully merged the topics. Why?

Here are all the examples, with numbers:

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

2, 3 and 4 looks as if you've not made the changes in your language file.

1 might be because you haven't edited subSilver.cfg...?

Just suggesting. :)

nedostizni

Post by nedostizni »

rossmcclymont wrote: 2, 3 and 4 looks as if you've not made the changes in your language file.

i didn`t have to: i am using the english language, so all i have to do was:

Code: Select all

copy lang_extend_merge.php to language/lang_english/lang_extend_merge.php
and i did that.
1 might be because you haven't edited subSilver.cfg...?

Just suggesting. :)

i did that too.

any other suggestion?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”