Simply Merge Threads

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
20%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
12%

Total votes: 124

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:56 pm

mr_director wrote: Does this MOD allow you to split posts from one thread and add them to another? Does any MOD?

Unfortunately not. But you can split a single post to a new topic and then merge.
What would be great is the possibility to select individual posts in a topic and moving them to an existing post. I'm working on it (having for more than two months now, on and off) , extending the split panel so that a new option is included (move to topic).

As I stated in an earlier post it's not as simple as it seems because the first post in a topic defines the topic_starter and the topic start date (I forgot which field) so you have to check quite a number of fields. This becomes even more of a pain when split posts are moved into a topic in another forum (and when the split posts are older than the topic which you want to move them to).

Perhaps this will entice Phirtik to extend his mod 8)
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:00 pm

warmweer wrote: Perhaps this will entice Phirtik to extend his mod 8)
Really no : the gain is very poor, it will complicate the usage of the functionality in most of cases, as usually users don't post in a wrong topic but rather open a new topic where another one exists. Spliting and merging covers the rare cases when happen. So I prefere keeping something very simple (so more solid) than going into something that won't ease the life of mods at all.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:26 pm

Actually I agree with you that the extra functionality isn't worth the trouble and extensive changes to the scripts (I'm not even sure yet whether I have everything covered). But I'm still going ahead as it's fun (well, at least sometimes :D ).

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:37 pm

[ edit ]

miaRave

Post by miaRave » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:56 pm

I uploded all files of mod lang_settings (except the ones in the foreign pack directory) and changed the CHMOD of all uploaded lang_extend.php files to 666.

Any ideas about what's that supposed to mean?
(Maybe uploading all files which supposed to go to lang_english directory to all lang directories was wrong? :roll: )

:: mia ::

miaRave

Post by miaRave » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:54 am

Can't anybody hear me??
:: mia ::

danrhayes

Re: [2.0.6] Simply Merge Threads

Post by danrhayes » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:07 am

MOD Database Manager wrote: Classification: 51 Add-On's

MOD Name: Simply Merge Threads
Author: Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr
MOD Description: This MOD will allow to merge two topics together. You can input the topics id, the url to the topics or to a post of the topics, or select them in a list.

It can work as an add-on (only a link is required).

Disclaimer: This MOD has not been Validated by the MOD Team. The MOD has been tested for functionality only. For more information see this topic. However, the author has proven to be trustworthy.

MOD Version: 1.0.1
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 10 Minutes
Private Message To MOD-Team (if any): A fix has been applied to mod-topics_list tool. The version remains the same than the previous submission.

Has This MOD Already Been Released Within The phpBB MOD Database?: Yes
If Yes To Above, What Is The URL?: http://phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=122161
Is This Upload To Correct A Denied MOD?: No
Download File: mod-simply_merge_threads.zip
File Size: 82378 Bytes

Just wondering if since its now over 12months since this mod was released if it would now be considered fully validated?

cheers
Daniel

Erinc Korkmaz

Post by Erinc Korkmaz » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:05 pm

I want to do like that mod :

For example: in my forum, I want to move the topic and replies another topic in the same forum. Not another forum.

For this can I use this mod or another mod. Could anyone help me please?

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:23 pm

Hi Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr,

I decided to try out this mod since I haven't got the time to continue my own developments at this time.
It's installed on a 2.0.11 board and works fine (except for the new topic title part for which the solution has been posted on the previous page - I think).
BTW I didn't install the language part.

However there is a check which isn't performed. When merging and old topic (started by user1 on old date) into a newer topic (started by user2 on a newer date), the resulting merged topic still shows the original topic starter (user2) and topic startdate (newer date).

I'm not yet convinced of the best way to handle this situation.: either
- perform the check after the merge and reset topic starter and topic start date,
or
- prevent the merging of a older topic into a new topic.

My idea is that the second method is the safest, making the extra SQLs unnecessary and (more important perhaps) keeping the topic_id s in chronological order. I haven't had time yet but I'm planning to see if I could adapt your topic_list so that older topics are not listed (probably by preventing the listing of topics with a higher topic_id (more recently started) than the topic which will be merged (and will thereby be removed).

Any ideas on this one?

jsvirk

So, is this all I need to do this on 2.0.11?

Post by jsvirk » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:14 pm

Code: Select all

// all in merge.php
// won't update title bug...
FIND:
		// build the update request
		$sql_update = '';
		if ( !empty($topic_title) )
		{
			$sql_title = "topic_title = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $topic_title) . "'";

REPLACE WITH:
		// build the update request
		$sql_update = '';
		if ( !empty($topic_title) )
		{
			$sql_update = "topic_title = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $topic_title) . "'";

// can't get past page 2 bug...
FIND:

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['start'])) $start = intval($start);

REPLACE WITH:

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['start'])) $start = intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['start']);

Do I need anything else other than the above bug fixes and and the 2.0.6 original mod download to implement this on my 2.0.11 forum?

Thanks,

John

Mikko Toivola

Post by Mikko Toivola » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:38 am

I downloaded and installed this mod and it seems to work fine. But is this mod a different one? 8O

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:57 am

where can i get a "merge two threads" mod for the version 2.0.11 that currently i am using ? :D

onigumo

Post by onigumo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:02 am

I'm currently using that version as well, and this MOD works just fine for me.
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:15 am

do i have to make some modifications ?

or just install it ?

onigumo

Post by onigumo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:26 am

It depends. Do you have other MODs installed? If so, you might have to compensate.

For me, I didn't. Just try to install it and see what happens.

Don't forget to back up your files. :wink:
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”