Simply Merge Threads

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
20%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
12%

Total votes: 124

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Re: [2.0.6] Simply Merge Threads

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone » Thu May 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Bramster wrote: Thanks guys, works perfect now !

Any other changes you recommend ?

Also try the changes mentioned in this post :

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... e#p1553242

It should solve some discrepancies when the Select button is clicked.... ;-)

Bramster

Post by Bramster » Sat May 12, 2007 8:50 am

Thanks Ash Hi Fi Zone !
Ash Hi Fi Zone wrote: Also try the changes mentioned in this post :
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... e#p1553242
It should solve some discrepancies when the Select button is clicked.... ;-)

The last changes indicated in that post are:

Code: Select all

FIND
$forum_id = 0;

REPLACE WITH
But there is nothing after "replace with". Does that mean I simply have to delete the line "$forum_id = 0;" ?
Navy & Merchant Marine Forum:
www.DutchFleet.net

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone » Sat May 12, 2007 9:22 am

Bramster wrote: Thanks Ash Hi Fi Zone !

But there is nothing after "replace with". Does that mean I simply have to delete the line "$forum_id = 0;" ?

Yes it should be deleted but for the safer side comment that line by adding a // at the beginning of the line so that you can add that line easily even if you want later ;-)

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:50 pm

I've just installed the latest version of this and I can't see that anything has changed. :?

Everything is working fine, but no change. I have the split/merge mod installed, but I think I read that it's compatible with it.

If I go through 'you can moderate this forum' I still have just delete, move, lock and unlock. If I view the topic I only have 'split' and 'split from' on the split topic control panel. I feel as though I must be being very stupid ... Any ideas?
Getting braver all the time. :D

Karl Ranseier Senior

Post by Karl Ranseier Senior » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Code: Select all

merge.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
		// process the posts
		$sql = "UPDATE " . POSTS_TABLE . " SET forum_id=$to_forum_id, topic_id=$to_topic_id WHERE topic_id=$from_topic_id";
		if ( !$db->sql_query($sql) ) message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not update posts information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
		// sum the hits
		$sql = "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " AS t1, " . TOPICS_TABLE . " AS t2 SET t1.topic_views = t1.topic_views + t2.topic_views WHERE t1.topic_id=$to_topic_id AND t2.topic_id=$from_topic_id";
		if ( !$db->sql_query($sql) ) message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not read from-topic or update to-topic information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
Hope its helps...

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:21 am

Thanks very much - I've got it sorted now. :D

terminatoronly

Post by terminatoronly » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:51 am

Thanks alot :) great idea :)

jellybelly

Post by jellybelly » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi i am trying to install this mod using easymod and i get this error
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions.php] could not find:

}
if ( empty($template) )

MOD script line #128 ::
is there someone who can please help with my problem

thanks

jellybelly

Post by jellybelly » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:58 am

Hi i managed to get this mod installed but i have a problem not all my mods can use the merge thread there is one of my mods that get not authorised when he trys to use the merge thread and i created a new mod on my forum and same problem please can someone help me

thanks

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:29 pm

i installed the mod , but dont find any changes to the forum....no merge mod options...wher's it? !!!

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:44 pm

If you go into a thread (as moderator) you will see four icons at the bottom left, underneath the thread. If you click on the right hand one, which says 'split this topic' when you hover over it, it will then give you the option to merge the topic with another.

Took me a while to find it. ;)

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:06 pm

Acorn wrote:If you go into a thread (as moderator) you will see four icons at the bottom left, underneath the thread. If you click on the right hand one, which says 'split this topic' when you hover over it, it will then give you the option to merge the topic with another.

Took me a while to find it. ;)
I think you are conflating this mod and my split posts and merge in one step mod. This mod adds a fifth icon which says 'merge topics' when you hover the mouse over it and is very easy to use.

You are right that my split posts and merge in one step mod allows you to merge whole topics in addition to splitting posts from an existing topic and moving them to another existing topic (or a new topic). So you probably don't need both mods. But if all a moderator is trying to do is to merge one topic with another the interface on this mod is simpler (since it doesn't give you all those other options about what to do with the topic). On my board, I have both mods installed.

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:14 pm

im the admin of the forum so i shpuld be able to see it...but i dont see any merge thrd etc icon ! i doubled checked that i uploaded all the files from the mod as per instructions

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:19 pm

buddy u mean to say split post and merge mod also does what this mod does...so its better. why need this mod then

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:08 pm

asinshesq wrote: I think you are conflating this mod and my split posts and merge in one step mod. This mod adds a fifth icon which says 'merge topics' when you hover the mouse over it and is very easy to use.

You are right that my split posts and merge in one step mod allows you to merge whole topics in addition to splitting posts from an existing topic and moving them to another existing topic (or a new topic). So you probably don't need both mods. But if all a moderator is trying to do is to merge one topic with another the interface on this mod is simpler (since it doesn't give you all those other options about what to do with the topic). On my board, I have both mods installed.
:oops: Yes, you're right. I have both installed on one board, but it was my other board (with only 'split posts and merge' installed) that I checked on. Think I'll add this to the other board, too, though - the combination allows me to do everything I want.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”