[2.0.17] Admins/mods color management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
54%
Very Good
19%
Good
7%
Fair
11%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 54

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:46 am

OK but it's written in the Author notes and in the copy instruction section :roll:

So in the root dir of the MOD archive, you'll find an a-m_color_db_update.php file.
Copy this file in your phpBB root dir (where you can already find common.php, config.php, etc.).
And at last open your browser, login your forum on the index page, and run this file: type
http://www.yourWebSiteName.tld/yourPhpb ... update.php (where "http://www.yourWebSiteName.tld/yourPhpbbRootDir/" is your forum address) and press [Enter]

That's all :?
Eternal newbie

-=ET=-

Re: Updated to phpbb 2.0.10 - Can't Restore Mod

Post by -=ET=- » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:51 am

thekaz wrote: I updated phpbb from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10. The color management mod failed

That's not normal.
The 2.0.9 & 2.0.10 upgrade do not modify any line used by A/M color management and this MOD perfectly works on phpBB 2.0.10.

By the way, in any case don't try to reinstall the MOD by EM. You must just find where is the issue after your upgrade and correct it.
Your error msg are normal. Don't install the MOD twice.
Eternal newbie

cowboy4ever

Post by cowboy4ever » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:54 pm

I did that....still not working.

my root dir is /www so thats what I put instead of phpbb, but it didn't work.

NoSympathy

names don't change color

Post by NoSympathy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:40 am

I installed the mod and changed/added the codes exactly ....
and now I can change the color of the [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ] in the who's online .... BUT.... the names of the people who are mods or admins.... names don't go the color selected

.....edit .......Never mind! I got it goin!
Last edited by NoSympathy on Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

dying4004

adding a new rank in this mod

Post by dying4004 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:10 pm

hi

i have installed this mod and works grt. thnx for a grt release. i have one question. previously i added 1 rank Owner (Also and Admin) with Mod Title: Who-Is-Online User Colors Addition. and it used to show the Owner in yellow color though Owner is an Admin and admin was red color. so i was thinking is it possible to add this in ur mod to show the Owner (who is an Admin) in different color?? regards

thekaz

Post by thekaz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:35 pm

I've probably reinstalled the mod at least twice using EM. What should I check for in the way of damage?

Everything appears to work OK. I installed the attachment mod while I was trying to decide if I should keep going with the color mod and that works fine.

I decided to check my files manually and found a lot of the color management mod code missing. I added the code and now everything looks good. The only problem is my second style, FS_Clean, only works partially. I could find no code insertion point in the files overall_header.tpl, simple_header.tpl, or admin/page_header.tpl.

Are these the files that cause the color change on the main pages? All my poster and author names are the same colors. Only the box that lists the names of the administrator and moderators has color variation.

Thank you,
Ric

-=ET=-

Re: adding a new rank in this mod

Post by -=ET=- » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:59 pm

dying4004 wrote: so i was thinking is it possible to add this in ur mod to show the Owner (who is an Admin) in different color??

Perhaps I don't know.
But if you want to manage other colors by groups or ranks for Owner, use other MODs...
- For the groups you have the MOD Color Groups of Nivisec...
http://www.nivisec.com/phpbb.php?l=p
- For the ranks you have the MOD Extra ranks color of BigZ & Gendo...
http://www.denturax.com/viewforum.php?f=1
thekaz wrote: Are these the files that cause the color change on the main pages? All my poster and author names are the same colors. Only the box that lists the names of the administrator and moderators has color variation.

No.
It's "index.php".
Eternal newbie

Trolleve

Post by Trolleve » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:44 am

kender wrote: mod not compatible with categories hierarchy mod

fyi

lose some functionality, but not all still a good mod

I wish I saw this post before I installed. I have Cat Hierarchy and I tried installing this......I also forgot to rename the subSilver directory lines to my template directory. I was able to change the Admin and moderator colors and make them independent and everything seemed to work fine, but I'm getting this wierd gold color for visited links that isn't anywhere to be found in the css for my main template (which is a slightly edited subBlack) I've checked for any gold looking colors in style management as well as manually and it doesn't exist. I've been uninstalling other mods including this one, loading up backed up files and frantically searching css files for that damned gold visited link color that seems to have appeared out of thin air. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm out of ideas right now. Maybe It's something that happened after I updated the database for this mod....something with the SQL I should undo or something, I dno.
Last edited by Trolleve on Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Trolleve

Post by Trolleve » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:44 am

Well I accidently fixed this issue by installing the 2.0.8 >2.0.10 code changes mod. Hopefully this mod will be cat hierarchy compliant in the future.
Last edited by Trolleve on Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thekaz

Only One Template Works Correctly

Post by thekaz » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:50 pm

ET,
I'm still at a loss to fix the colors for my FSClean template. If index.php controls the admin and moderator colors why does Subsilver work great but FSClean fail?

In FSClean the only place I see the colors is the "Who's Online" box where the words "administrator", "moderator", and my own name are listed and properly colored. Everywhere else the color is the same. Any suggestions as to where I should check to make a change?

Thanks,
Ric

JMan0948

Post by JMan0948 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:41 am

I'm having some issues with this Mod. It shows the colors on the main forum page, but will not show the colors if I make a post. What's the deal?

devoutus

Post by devoutus » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:50 pm

when trying to install this with easy mod i get thie error
thank you in advance.
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewforum.php] could not find:

$sql =
FROM
WHERE
AND
AND
AND
AND t.topic_type = " . POST_ANNOUNCE . "

MOD script line #698 :: FAQ :: Report

marc241

Post by marc241 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:21 am

At the bottom of my index page I get this...
In total there is 1 user online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ] [ Admin ] [ Owner ]

[Admin] and [Owner] are colored like I specified in the AUC Configuration.
My question is how do I remove the original [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ] from this line?

gambolmaker

Post by gambolmaker » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:56 pm

Hi,

I've just tried to install this Mod. It's the first Mod I've ever installed and I don't know what I did wrong, but now everytime I try tu update my styles I get an error saying:

Could not update themes table!

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'fontcolor5' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_themes SET style_name = 'subSilver', template_name = 'subSilver', head_stylesheet = 'subSilver.css', body_background = '', body_bgcolor = 'E5E5E5', body_text = '000000', body_link = '006699', body_vlink = '5493B4', body_alink = '', body_hlink = 'DD6900', tr_color1 = 'EFEFEF', tr_color2 = 'DEE3E7', tr_color3 = 'D1D7DC', tr_class1 = '', tr_class2 = '', tr_class3 = '', th_color1 = '98AAB1', th_color2 = '006699', th_color3 = 'FFFFFF', th_class1 = 'cellpic1.gif', th_class2 = 'cellpic3.gif', th_class3 = 'cellpic2.jpg', td_color1 = 'FAFAFA', td_color2 = 'FFFFFF', td_color3 = '', td_class1 = 'row1', td_class2 = 'row2', td_class3 = '', fontface1 = 'Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif', fontface2 = 'Trebuchet MS', fontface3 = 'Courier, ''Courier New'', sans-serif', fontsize1 = 10, fontsize2 = 11, fontsize3 = 12, fontcolor1 = '444444', fontcolor2 = '006600', fontcolor3 = 'FFA34F', fontcolor5 = '', fontcolor6 = '', span_class1 = '', span_class2 = '', span_class3 = '' WHERE themes_id = 1

Line : 318
File : /.../admin/admin_styles.php

What do I do?

Famitsu

Post by Famitsu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:29 am

gambolmaker wrote: What do I do?
You didn't add SQL queries
You need to create the new SQL column fontcolor5 and 6 into your database
If you have no SQL command, it will have a file called xxx_db_update.php :roll:
Don't PM me, i won't answer anymore

My Contibs: Online-Offline-Hidden | Email Confirmation
The TRI FORCE (Username Color | User Level | ModeratorCP)

My new/current account: contact me here

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”