Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

masterdavid

Post by masterdavid »

what ptirhiik meant in his instruction procedure to put:

Code: Select all

//-- fin mod : xxxx ------------------------------
after... he means that you should put it after the line, and technically, a line ends in a semi-colon so you must put the comments after the semi-colon and not within the lines. Be warned that SQL query lines in phpBB codes took up multiple lines but they are only one line technically. :D

ned100

spoke too soon

Post by ned100 »

I spoke a little to soon. The calendar seems to be working great but now I can't seem to create and access a new forum. The forum gets created but when I attempt to access it I get the following error:
General Error

Couldn't obtain category list.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 23 Out of resources when opening file 'C:\WINNT\TEMP\#sql4ac_73d_4.MYI' (Errcode: 24)

SELECT c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order FROM phpbb_categories c, phpbb_forums f WHERE f.cat_id = c.cat_id GROUP BY c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order ORDER BY c.cat_order

Line : 122
File : E:\cust-web\7thspecialforces.com\html\phpBB2\includes\functions.php

I am an amateur. This was installed with easy mod on autopilot. Please help. How do i fix? Thanks in advance.

The Jeff

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by The Jeff »

After finding easymod and phpmyadmin and figuring out how it works. I DOED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF A NEWBE LIKE ME CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN!! :D
Easyway to install that does not mess anything up!!!
1. install easymod
2. use easymod to install the calendar
3. use phpmyadmin to do the sql editing
DONE!!
Can I set a password for the calendar???
The best things in life are dangerous

adn_rapitconsult

Post by adn_rapitconsult »

ok i made it work..Got help on the sql and i had to redo the posting.php (majo parse error :oops: ) Well..it works, meaning no errors.

2 Q´s:

:arrow: How do I add an event?
:arrow: When i access the sceduler and pick a time, the page looses standard width, which causes a horizontal scroller :wink:

masterdavid

Re: Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by masterdavid »

The Jeff wrote: Can I set a password for the calendar???

You can integrate topic calendar with Approve MOD so that you can approve posted events first before it appears in the calendar.

Approve MOD's link is here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=76852
Integration of Topic Calendar and Approve MOD is here: http://phpbbintegramod.sourceforge.net/ ... ic.php?t=6

Cheers! :D

The Jeff

Calendar Password Master David

Post by The Jeff »

No need to check posts. I just didn't want anyone to see addresses and phone numbers of people that want to add events. I would like to keep an area hidden from those not in a group for the postings and put a password on the calendar. Thanks

stfields99

Post by stfields99 »

Maybe someone can give me some tips on how to use EasyMod.

I read the FAQ on how to install a new mod, but I continually just get "All Mods Processed."

I extracted all the files from the calendar mod locally, and moved them into the same structure in forums/admin/mods/folder

When I log in as admin on my forum, I enter my password for EasyMod and it says all Mods are processed.

However, I do get these warnings:
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./mods/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/SITENAME/public_html/forums/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1042

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./mods/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/SITENAME/public_html/forums/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1042

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./mods/easymod (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/SITENAME/public_html/forums/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1042

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./mods/folder (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/SITENAME/public_html/forums/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1042

I temporarily set the CHMOD for these folders to 777 to just check if it was a permissions problem, but that didn't fix it either.

Any ideas?

The Jeff

Easy Mod

Post by The Jeff »

Try here. It is easy mods author.
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewforum.php?f=15

adn_rapitconsult

I am missing a gif on the calendar_scheduler.php. What folder should the image be in, and under what name?
http://www.daycare.dk/phpBB2/calendar_scheduler.php

How do i add an even into calendar??

EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

OK, I read through the 24 pages and noticed the question was asked once but not really answered.

I have the whole Topic Calendar installed and do not want to install the Profile Control Panel mod. But I want the Topic Calendar to posts birthdays for me without me having to post a topic for it. Is there any way I can do this without installing the profile control panel? I already have the birthday mod installed, so people have their birthdays set up.

I found this random birthday hack but it's only compatible with a different type of calendar mod.

Any help would be appreciated.

ned100

Post by ned100 »

Reply to adn_rapitconsult: Just right click on the missing image icon and select "properties". You will be shown the missing image name with the search path.

adn_rapitconsult

nope.. :wink: i tryed that
all i get is roth reference..http://www.daycare.dk/phpBB2/
The image itself says Not Available

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

adn_rapitconsult wrote: I am missing a gif on the calendar_scheduler.php. What folder should the image be in, and under what name?
http://www.daycare.dk/phpBB2/calendar_scheduler.php

How do i add an even into calendar??

Should be in: templates/subSilver/images/icon_calendar.gif

Check your changes to templates/subSilver/subSilver.cfg to see if it was added.

adn_rapitconsult

The image is on server at templates/subSilver/images/icon_calendar.gif, but there is no reference in templates/subSilver/subSilver.cfg

What code should i add to this?

adn_rapitconsult

ok i did it..Guess ive added that to the other subsilve cfg file :oops:

Well i still have no clue on how to add events into calendar? When i create a new topic then there should be an option, named calendar or?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”