Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

ned100

Post by ned100 »

To add events to the calendar you simply make a forum post. You will now have the option of making your post a calendar event. The first time boxes are for the event start time (based on a 24 hour clock); the next time boxes are for the duration of the event. Submit the post and it will appear on the calendar.

adn_rapitconsult

Post by adn_rapitconsult »

well this dont make sense..when i add a new topic it simply add a new topic :wink: The time boxes you refer to, dont apear for me..

Before adding the calendar, then i did make alot of cleaning on forum, maby i removed a tabel, where calendar functions would apear or?

Hope u can help me :P

ned100

Post by ned100 »

Go to your administration control panel --> User Permissions. Access your own permissions. Click on "advanced". You should see a column called "calendar." Make sure that the boxes are toggled to "on" for the forums in which you want to be able to make calendar posts.

BTW - I could really use some help for my own problem posted on Sunday, the 14th. Anybody?

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

>>adn_rapitconsult, Re-check edits in these sections of part 1 of the install
posting.php
admin/admin_forumauth.php
includes/auth.php

And viewforum.php in part 2 if you do not have Split topic v2 mod installed

Also check settings in (APC) Forum Admin ->Permissions change the setting for the forum(s) you want to use the cal

>>ned100, sorry can't help with yours

setters

Post by setters »

Fantastic Mod!
Now I just want to take it a little bit further...

I'm admin on a forum that is not accessible unless you are logged in

Used
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... memberlist

to hide the member list etc if not logged in.
How can I :
1) do this for the calendar link in the header?
2) Hide the weeks display again if you are not logged in?

I'm part of a team sailing round the world and want to share training notes and sailing dates only to the team members.

Any help greatfully recieved!

adn_rapitconsult

ned100 wrote: Go to your administration control panel --> User Permissions. Access your own permissions. Click on "advanced". You should see a column called "calendar." Make sure that the boxes are toggled to "on" for the forums in which you want to be able to make calendar posts.

I do have a calendar colum under advanced settings, but only on those sections of my forum, that is empty and without content.

Furthermore, a new topic is still just a new topic :?: This option, to make a topic in the calendar or not, is this, before i push submit or after?

If before is it like making a poll, announcement etc?

Dio2, is there any way you can be more specific based on the info from above?

EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

OK, I read through the 24 pages and noticed the question was asked once but not really answered.

I have the whole Topic Calendar installed and do not want to install the Profile Control Panel mod. But I want the Topic Calendar to posts birthdays for me without me having to post a topic for it. Is there any way I can do this without installing the profile control panel? I already have the birthday mod installed, so people have their birthdays set up.

Any help would be appreciated.

auxiora_nemesis

Post by auxiora_nemesis »

i'm just wondering if the calendar mod could do the following:

- when moderator upload a file into a forum, the file will not be visible automatically. the file will only can be seen according to the date that we already assign in calendar.
for example i upload a file on feb 5, but i've set the file only can be visible on feb 8.

- and after a certain time, the file will be automatically hidden (not delete)
for example, the file will be auto hidden a week after the file being upload

hope u'll understand what i'm trying to say here.. coz i think its a lil bit difficult to explain :roll:
++i'm a creep.. i'm a weirdo++

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

adn_rapitconsult wrote: If before is it like making a poll, announcement etc?

It is before, just after the Notify me of reply check box.
adn_rapitconsult wrote: Dio2, is there any way you can be more specific based on the info from above?

Not really, the one I listed deal with the posting and permissions, if all the files have been uploaded and the SQL part was installed, then all you can do is start checking the edited files - could be a missing ; or } somewhere

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

:arrow: setters: To hide something from a user who is not logged in, edit the template file and wrap the section with the following two lines:

<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->
----- Code Here -----
<!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->

If they are logged in and you don't want them to see something, change the logged_in to logged_out :wink:

The Jeff

Setters fix one step further

Post by The Jeff »

I would like the calendar and one of the forums on my Bulletin Board not to be seen except by a rank or group. Better would be the rank but the group would be ok as well. This would make it so we could post names, phone numbers and addresses on the calander without worry. Thanks. Jeff
The best things in life are dangerous

RebellionAngel

Post by RebellionAngel »

Time shows the mistake on that day...

Please ask how correction?

The Jeff

Post by The Jeff »

adn_rapitconsult
If before is it like making a poll, announcement etc?

Yes it is right above the poll section.
Make sure you entered the second set of sql settings. If you don't have the pull down menus for the dates that could be it. I very am new at this but that sounds right to me.
The best things in life are dangerous

adn_rapitconsult

ok thats it..I didnt add the second SQL pack, thought it was optional...
thx The Jeff

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

:arrow: The Jeff: If one of your forums is only viewable/readable for a certain group, any calendar event added to that forum will not show on the calendar for people who are not in that group. The calendar does follow the forum permissions. Hope that helps.

If you need to see an example (or rather not see), I have about 5 things on my calendar in the next week or two that can not be seen by the average person.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”