Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

irishclubbing

Post by irishclubbing »

stupid question but..

are only admins and mods able to make entries into the calender ? if so how to you make it so that all users may post entries ?

thanks... :oops:
club hard
ushman

Calendar does not display, yet users can post

Post by ushman »

Hi,

I've pretty much read most of the posts here for help, but I still am having a problem. I installed this mod using Nutzy's EM, and manually copied & pasted to SQL the appropriate queries. I think...

Problem is, I can't get the calendars to display properly. I do get the extra table in the message section of the topic, and when creating a new topic, I also get the appropriate selections for a new calendar entry. I also checked the "Display the calendar row on the board header opened" in the Preferences section. I'm also using digitaltwilight instead of subsilver, but I don't think that should matter. Also in my ACP, the only reference to the calendar is "Configuration+" just below "Configuration"

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before? And if so, what was done to correct it?

This newbie cut-n-paster sure could use some friendly assistance!

oh yeah... I only installed the first of 4 because I'm not sure of the other mods mentioned.

Kevin
Management [at] ushrocks [dot] com
EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

OK, I read through the 24 pages and noticed the question was asked once but not really answered.

I have the whole Topic Calendar installed and do not want to install the Profile Control Panel mod. But I want the Topic Calendar to posts birthdays for me without me having to post a topic for it. Is there any way I can do this without installing the profile control panel? I already have the birthday mod installed, so people have their birthdays set up.

I found this random birthday hack but it's only compatible with a different type of calendar mod.

Any help would be appreciated.
EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

OK, I read through the 24 pages and noticed the question was asked once but not really answered.

I have the whole Topic Calendar installed and do not want to install the Profile Control Panel mod. But I want the Topic Calendar to posts birthdays for me without me having to post a topic for it. Is there any way I can do this without installing the profile control panel? I already have the birthday mod installed, so people have their birthdays set up.

I found this random birthday hack but it's only compatible with a different type of calendar mod.

EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

The Jeff

Thanks

Post by The Jeff »

Thanks for the info Gremlinn it worked wonders! I love this calendar mod.

adn_rapitconsult,
glad I could be of help. Can't believe i am getting all this. Now back to trying to learn php.

Say what happened to the author of this great mod? He doesn't post anymore.
The best things in life are dangerous
helluvaguy

Post by helluvaguy »

EB 22 wrote: OK, I read through the 24 pages and noticed the question was asked once but not really answered.

Take a look here
helluvaguy

Re: Calendar does not display, yet users can post

Post by helluvaguy »

ushman wrote: oh yeah... I only installed the first of 4 because I'm not sure of the other mods mentioned.
You gotta install also the following. As it says in the files
  • Part 2 - This part is required if you have not Split topic v 2 or greater
  • Part 3 - This part has to be installed if you haven't Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4 or greater
  • Part 4 - This part has to be installed if you have Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4 or greater
djwins

Problem with calandar width

Post by djwins »

I'm having a funky problem with my Calendar widths...can someone please take a quick look:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/calendar.php

Thanks!
helluvaguy

Post by helluvaguy »

Could you be more specific?
Looks OK to me.
ushman

Post by ushman »

You gotta install also the following. As it says in the files
Part 2 - This part is required if you have not Split topic v 2 or greater
Part 3 - This part has to be installed if you haven't Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4 or greater

Since I don't have these installed, I'm about to do that now. But when I go to install #2, in preview I notice that I'm adding duplicate lines to the file viewforum.php. Same with #3. This tells me that I've done this B4, which is correct. When I preview #4 I get no file, only a critical error: Could not modify [%s], obviously because I don't have Split Topic or Categories installed.

I'm using digitaltwilight not subSilver, but the install accounted for that.

I just don't see any calendar...

I can add an event from within a post, but it only appears in the subject line after submitting.
ushman

Post by ushman »

Ok... I changed my template back to subSilver and it works! However, I still want to use digitaltwilight.

Anyone know what files need modifying?

And what to modify?
djwins

Post by djwins »

helluvaguy wrote: Could you be more specific?
Looks OK to me.

Sorry.
The cells change size based on what is in them and think they are supposed be uniform.

Also, It would be cool if you could have the topic name appear longer if there is nothing else posted for that day.
EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

Yes, good question.

How do you limit the cell size on your calendar? Currently my calendar is too wide so you have to scroll to the right to view the topics.

How would I go about limiting the size of the calendar, so it stays on one full screen instead of being bigger than it.
Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

EB 22 wrote: Yes, good question.

How do you limit the cell size on your calendar? Currently my calendar is too wide so you have to scroll to the right to view the topics.

How would I go about limiting the size of the calendar, so it stays on one full screen instead of being bigger than it.

Config + ->Calendar Has the settings for this

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”