Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

djwins

Post by djwins »

Dio2 wrote:
EB 22 wrote:Yes, good question.

How do you limit the cell size on your calendar? Currently my calendar is too wide so you have to scroll to the right to view the topics.

How would I go about limiting the size of the calendar, so it stays on one full screen instead of being bigger than it.

Config + ->Calendar Has the settings for this

I only see options for amount of text to be displayed, nothing about size.
Ravager

Calendar Permissions

Post by Ravager »

Hello,

I've searched hi and low and cannot seem to find where to enable posting by the members of my forums. Only administrators can post, where can I change this, I've searched through all of the permissions menu's and there is nothing that applies directly to calendar.

I read earlier that enabling posting to the calendar was like enabling posting annoncements/sticky, but in the forum permissions I don't have a calendar option.

I'm assuming I'm probably not looking in the right place, or I've missed something. Can someone please help my frustrating task.

P.S. I absolutely LOVE the mod, it's going to do exactly what I need it to, if I can only figure out all of its functionality :(
helluvaguy

Re: Calendar Permissions

Post by helluvaguy »

Ravager wrote: I read earlier that enabling posting to the calendar was like enabling posting annoncements/sticky, but in the forum permissions I don't have a calendar option.

I'm assuming I'm probably not looking in the right place, or I've missed something. Can someone please help my frustrating task.

You're looking in the right place. But if you don't have it in the ACP -> Forums -> Permissions, than you should check if you followed every step of the install file.
Ravager

Post by Ravager »

I figured I must have missed something because it's not under that menu, can anyone steer me in the right direction of the step that I missed?
Ravager

Post by Ravager »

I don't see where in the install instructions the forum -> permissions , menu is altered to include the options for calendar permissions.

Best I can deduce it has something to do with the mod_settings, part of the mod. But I still don't understand how that adds the menu to the permissions menu.

Someone please help me :!:
Ravager

Post by Ravager »

I don't see where in the install instructions the forum -> permissions , menu is altered to include the options for calendar permissions.

Best I can deduce it has something to do with the mod_settings, part of the mod. But I still don't understand how that adds the menu to the permissions menu.

Ravager

Post by Ravager »

Other mods I have done (attachment mod) have edited the forum -> permissions, file directly (admin_forumauth.php, I believe it was) to add the new menus, this one does not appear to.

Ooops, looks like that posted a few too many times, sorry..... :oops:

Nevermind, problem will be solved, it was a stupid error on my part
zxrome

I installed the 'Topic Calendar' MOD on a 2.0.6 install of p

Post by zxrome »

I installed the 'Topic Calendar' MOD on a 2.0.6 install of phpbb.

Under the Administration Panel, under 'General Admin' there is a 'Configuration +' menu. When I click on that I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mods_settings_get_lang() in /home/byhyeon/phpBB2/admin/admin_board_extend.php on line 326
what's wrong? plz help me.
Cylindric

Post by Cylindric »

I am experiencing a problem where a topic added with an event that has a duration specifies breaks the forum due to a script time-out in functions_calendar.php on line 897. (That's in function display_calendar)

As an example, I've put a topic on with an event on 22nd March 2004, at 21:30. Post that and all is fine. If I add a time into the "During" (sp?) box for 6 0 0 so that the event lasts 6 days, all subsequent pages fail to load, eventually giving a critical error due the script exceeding the maximum execution time. For some reason my forum never gets out of this loop:

// mark the offset as used for the whole event period
		$offset_date = $event_start;
		while ($offset_date <= $event_end)
		{
			for ($l=count($map[$offset_date]); $l <= $map_offset; $l++)
			{
				$map[$offset_date][$l] = -1;
			}
			$map[$offset_date][$map_offset] = $i;
			$offset_date = mktime( 0,0,0, date('m', $offset_date), date('d', $offset_date)+1, date('Y', $offset_date));
		}
that's the bit causing my problem. I've checked my install, I'm pretty certain I've run all the sql updates.
The date in the database is 1079991000 and the duration is 518399.

(test system is Apache 1.3.27 with php 4.3.2 on W2k)
ChrisBarker

Post by ChrisBarker »

Excellent work!
I have a small requirement that I can probably MOD myself but I'd appreciate some guidance:
I don't want the calendar option to appear on every forum - just on my celandar forum. Thus, I have set forum permissions to "Admin" for the auth_cal. However, as the admin I get this calender on every post. I found that if I edit the forums table, and change auth_cal to 6 (1->5 is usual range for all->admin), then it does as I desire - all forms have no calender posting option except the one I want.
HOWEVER, when I update the forum permissions using the board facility, I screw this all up. Basically I want to MOD admin_forumauth.php so that the drop boxes show "NONE" as an option aligned with 6 as a value. Not as easy as it sounds...tried expanding the arrays looking for loops that needed the counter incrementing - no luck.

ANy help would be great
Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

djwins wrote: I only see options for amount of text to be displayed, nothing about size.

Correct, the more text you allow the larger the cell becomes
Cylindric

Post by Cylindric »

Cylindric wrote: I am experiencing a problem where a topic added with an event that has a duration specifies breaks the forum due to a script time-out in functions_calendar.php on line 897.

I've been looking at this a little more, as I'm sure it's something I've done wrong, and it seems that it's nothing to do with recurrence at all.
I installed a fresh phpbb including newly created database, added the EasyMOD addon, and then parts 1, 2 and 3 of the calendar mod.
Any calendar item I add that either starts on or after 27-Mar-2004 or has a recurrence that runs past this date causes the loop to never exit
The Jeff

Users ablilty to set dates.

Post by The Jeff »

How would one make the calendar pull downs visible to all users? So registered users can put in there own events?? They show up for me but not the users.
The best things in life are dangerous
The Jeff

Ok I fixed it.

Post by The Jeff »

Sorry I just for got to install section 2 and 3.
The best things in life are dangerous
Fusione

Post by Fusione »

savagearth wrote: I

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mods_settings_get_lang() in /var/www/html/forums/Testing/phpBB2/admin/admin_board_extend.php on line 326
Now I saw in this topic the same problem, but I can't find the answer, as I copy the file in the right directory "~/phpBB2/language/lang_english/lang_extend_topic_calendar.php"
UPDATE: HEHE, sorry to bother again guys, but, forgot my post, I found my problem.

Where did you find your problem? I have the same thing but cannot find the problem :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”