Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

Is there any way I can make the drop down calendar appear around the bottom of the screen instead of the top? I'd like for it to be below the "jump to" box at the bottom of the forum screen.

helluvaguy

Post by helluvaguy »

Try putting it into the pagetail.php instead of the pageheader.php and the corresponding templatefile.

ChrisBarker

Post by ChrisBarker »

Does someone here know what to change to adjust the date format in the cell headings? Currently they show "Thu 01 Apr 2004" and I want "Thu 01 Apr" ie no 2004 (cells so wide they force page wider than some screens).

Calendar_body.tpl positions this string using "{_calendar_box._row._cell.DATE}", but I can't find this DATE function in calendar.php in order to fiddle it. Seems very easy, but...

Croc Hunter

Post by Croc Hunter »

There seems to be problems with this Topic calendar Hack
It is not compatible with the latest PHP 4.3.5 and ccreates random errors.
I haven't found a fix yet. If anyone can help - tia.
Croc Hunter

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

:arrow: ChrisBarker: Take a look at includes/functions_calendar.php around line 1010. I think this is where you are trying to get.

:arrow: Croc Hunter: What errors are you getting? Was this mod installed before or after PHP 4.3.5?

Fusione

Post by Fusione »

Is there a way to make the popup box appear always in the upper right corner of the page? That way you would always see the full box.

Also, is there a way to prevent the pictures to be loaded. Now the page size of my calendar is about 1MB because all the pictures are loaded.

Great addon!

ChrisBarker

Post by ChrisBarker »

Gremlinn-> thanks dude - looked at "calendar*" files and completely missed functions_calendar - doh!

turbocrime

Post by turbocrime »

My calendar works very well, but I have 1 problem!

When i post it does not store the date but if i edit then submit it does can you point me where i have edited wrong, i can not see for looking.
Last edited by turbocrime on Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Croc Hunter

Post by Croc Hunter »

Gremlinn wrote: What errors are you getting? Was this mod installed before or after PHP 4.3.5?

Hi Gremlin, Before. The calender 'mod' was working fine. Then our host updated to PHP 4.3.5 phpbb'ers with calender 'mod' are now getting errors.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded
in /www/htdocs/ll/includes/functions_calendar.php on line 1015

in /www/htdocs/ll/includes/template.php on line 193

in /www/htdocs/ll/includes/template.php(174) : eval()'d code on line 1
Croc Hunter

eviluncledave

Post by eviluncledave »

Does 4.3.5 address the date function in a different way? I was getting those errors too, but now i have half the posts on the board showing up as calendar events on December 31 1969.

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

:arrow: Croc Hunter: For that error, I would have to guess that your provider has an error. I have never seen a execution time exceeded error before. If I where to guess, I would start looking at the number of sql requests that are hitting the database and the number of files open at that time. Other than that, hopefully, someone else can give you an answer that is not a guess.

locern

Post by locern »

turbocrime wrote: My calendar works very well, but I have 1 problem!

When i post it does not store the date but if i edit then submit it does can you point me where i have edited wrong, i can not see for looking.

Hallo

I described the same problem as above. Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Excuse the bad English.

Bruno

Eddie0

On topic but a little off...

Post by Eddie0 »

Hey Ptirhiik,

:?: Just a question really...

I have setup this topic calendar on my board (v2.07) successfully (except for the weekview dropdown) but I'm wondering if there is a way to add holidays and normal calendar marked days (such as Halloween, Easter, Christmas etc.) to this calendar without having the posts show up in searches or newly added topics?

If I hide the forum I post these to then no users can see them on the calendar - wondering if you have already come across this or if it would be possible to modify some code to enable a function such as this...

((hiding a forum & it's posts from registered users but allowing them to view them via your calendar))

Another option would be the ability to hardcode certain holidays to the calendar i guess?

So I guess I'm just looking to see if I'm either missing something or if there's anything out there for this particular workaround...

Thanks for your time & all of your efforts!
Eddie0

Ulf71

Post by Ulf71 »

Hi

the installation was a little tricky for me, but in the end I got it up and running in the production environment. It still doesn't run properly, ther are 2 issues I found, which I could't correct. The first is in the posting.PHP - according to the installation it should look like this:

Code: Select all

//-- mod : calendar --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// here we added
//	 || (!empty($is_auth_type_cal) && !$is_auth[$is_auth_type_cal])
//-- modify
if ( !$is_auth[$is_auth_type] ) || (!empty($is_auth_type_cal) && !$is_auth[$is_auth_type_cal])
{
	if ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] )
	{
//-- mod : calendar --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
I had to comment out the addition because a parser error was reported in the if-condition-line, it looks now like this but works, but I think there maybe a login-problem :

Code: Select all

if ( !$is_auth[$is_auth_type] ) 
// || (!empty($is_auth_type_cal) && !$is_auth[$is_auth_type_cal])
-------------------------------
The other issue is I may be missing a TPL-file but I can't figure out which one. When I click on a Date in the calendar-bar, the calendar_scheduler.php is loaded - the header is displayed - but below the calendar-bar I get an "Template->make_filename(): Error - file does
not exist"-Error.
[EDIT] I found the TPL - I was probably too tired yesterday. It was the topics_list_box.tpl which I copied into the wrong folder - this only leaves the prob in the if-line[/EDIT]

Any help is appreciated - thx in advance

Ulf
Last edited by Ulf71 on Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

paladdin

Post by paladdin »

Great Mod :D

Paladdin

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”