Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

dirkling

Post by dirkling » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:48 pm

adn_rapitconsult wrote: Se my example, now without error:)
http://www.daycare.dk/phpBB2/index.php

Hmm one error! " Kalender" link in the header of the mini_cal box links to the wrong page: http://www.daycare.dk/phpBB2/mycalendar.php.
I've mentioned this in a different message but I think it should be part of the "Topic calendar - extension for mini cal v 1.11" instructions.

Code: Select all

#
#-------- [ OPEN ]--------------------------------------
#
mods/netclectic/mini_cal/mini_cal.php

#
#-------- [ FIND ]------------------------
# around line 380
		'U_MINI_CAL_CALENDAR' => append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'mycalendar.' . $phpEx),

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
		'U_MINI_CAL_CALENDAR' => append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'calendar.' . $phpEx),

adn_rapitconsult

The fetch all portal example..

Post by adn_rapitconsult » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:07 pm

Ok now it does show the images now (left & right)

When i change this:

# 
#-------- [ FIND ]------------------------ 
# around line 380 
      'U_MINI_CAL_CALENDAR' => append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'mycalendar.' . $phpEx), 

# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------- 
# 
      'U_MINI_CAL_CALENDAR' => append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'calendar.' . $phpEx), 
Then the calendar changes....no more option to write new topic and clicking on dates no longer shows search results..Not sure whether this was a bad or good thing... :wink: It should display events right?

If i want to add this mini cal onto my fetch all portal, then i do what :?:

dirkling

Re: The fetch all portal example..

Post by dirkling » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:40 pm

adn_rapitconsult wrote: Then the calendar changes....no more option to write new topic and clicking on dates no longer shows search results..Not sure whether this was a bad or good thing... :wink: It should display events right?
That change was the url for the link. It changed from mycalendar.php (which you don't have) to calendar.php. That should not effect anything else. Feel free to reverse it. :)
If i want to add this mini cal onto my fetch all portal, then i do what :?:
See the first link I posted above in http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 90#1220690 Though if you're going to be asking mini cal questions, perhaps the mini cal support thread would be a good place?

adn_rapitconsult

Post by adn_rapitconsult » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:54 am

:lol: yes u r right..I am getting confused at times though and these mods are very close. Too nail it, when you have made a mix install like it did, then both places are needed :P

The topic calendar has a default topic to show right? i am guessing that by setting this, then my mini cal would show events :?: If not then my mix install is :roll:

devoutus

Post by devoutus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:25 am

ok after installing this mod with esay mod almost everthing works grate. but i have one problem i have seen other have simmiler problems. but i couln't see how they fixed them .. when making a new post or a replying to a topic i get these errors

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/princesville/phpbb/posting.php:3) in /var/www/princesville/phpbb/includes/sessions.php on line 305

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/princesville/phpbb/posting.php:3) in /var/www/princesville/phpbb/includes/sessions.php on line 306

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/princesville/phpbb/posting.php:3) in /var/www/princesville/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 472

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/princesville/phpbb/posting.php:3) in /var/www/princesville/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 478

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/princesville/phpbb/posting.php:3) in /var/www/princesville/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 479
any help would be apreacatied...

publicslam

Post by publicslam » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:13 pm

edited

New-to-PHP-Chick

Post by New-to-PHP-Chick » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:00 am

what does the <!-- BEGIN single_selection --> checkbox do in the topics_list_box.tpl in TOPIC CALENDAR. It doesn't seem to show up no matter what - I don't get it.

Is there a way to make it so events have to be approved?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:55 am

The topic list section is used by many of my mods, including the simple merge one which ask for topic selections. That's why this switch exists.

Regarding approval, I think there is one mod roaming from there which allows to set a forum as a pre-moderate one (meaning all topics and post have to be approved by mod before getting visible). As events are topics, it should do the trick :).

New-to-PHP-Chick

Post by New-to-PHP-Chick » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:28 am

Do you know what hat mod is Ptirhiik?
Ptirhiik, your just plain awesome man! Did I ever tell you that? I love PHPbb and your always so helpful.

ThaZiPSteR

colors in calendar

Post by ThaZiPSteR » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:56 am

I have been trying to read through the entire post, but wow... this is worse than reading through all the php files on the board, and my eyes are starting to hurt, so that being said I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but I haven't found it yet...

---------------My Question------------------

I would like to be able to change the color of the "topics" on the calendar. Kind of like an outlook calendar. I would like for "Member A" to be able to post with red topics, "Member B" with blue topics, "Member C".... and so on. even if they choose their own colors every time they post, or I could set it globally... I only plan to allow about 7 of my members to post to the calendar, but this may change. I want to be able to glance at the calendar and say, hey "Jason" is busy on friday the 13th, and it looks like "Freddy" will be on elm street about the same time. Know what I mean? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda new to phpbb, so if this is already builtin to the program somewhere. please excuse my ignorance, and just tell me I'm an idiot... oh and how to do it...

thanks,

ThaZiPSteR

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:53 pm

Nothing as this is built in the calendar. The closest that would be not to hard to implement would be an author sort on the scheduler view. To add the feature you're asking, it would suppose to add a color field at user and/or topic level (which is the more complicated), and to recover it when displaying the calendar overview (which is quite easy to do).

ThaZiPSteR

Post by ThaZiPSteR » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:11 pm

First off, I know very little about phpbb, I'm really just getting started, but tell me how this sounds...

could I just add a colum to the user table called something like calendar_color

then when the calendar goes to display, call the color from the field, by user, and change the text color to match?

am I way off here?

Angel_B

Post by Angel_B » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:51 pm

Ok I don't know if this is asked before but I saw 41 pages and before I read all of those :lol: So here's my question. When I click on the date in the calendar I get to see a page that says:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

I really don't know what to do I tried everything. Could anyone help me? Thanks anyway.

grtz, Ellen

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:18 pm

The message means : a tpl file is missing : recheck you didn't forget some COPY commands.

Angel_B

Post by Angel_B » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:28 pm

hmm I did that but it can't hurt to check it once more :D Thanks anyway....

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”