Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Strange. It looks like all the files are gone from the whole site now. I uploaded my copy of Repeating Events Version 4 so that you could download it from my site...

:lol:
marksalehouse

Post by marksalehouse »

Got that & thanks once more.

Just thought of a couple of questions:

How do you change the ACp from CONFIGURE + to CALENDAR?

I had hoped that a REPLY would allow me to post a date, but it seems (on mine) that I have to use NEW POST

Mark
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

You can only post events to the Calendar through a New post. I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "changing the ACP from CONFIGURE + to CALENDAR" though unless you mean that you want it to say Calendar in the ACP's Navigation page. If that is the case, you can search for "Configuration +" in your language/lang_english/lang_extend_mods_settings.php file and change it to Calendar...

FIND

Code: Select all

$lang['Configuration_extend']	= 'Configuration +';
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

$lang['Configuration_extend']	= 'Calendar';
marksalehouse

Post by marksalehouse »

That's the one! It looks far more meaningful now. Thanks again.

I had been hoping to go over some past posts and just update rather than post afresh. Still, some of the events are way ahead so I guess they can be closed and reposted anew - that way it refreshes members' brain cells as well!

:twisted:

Mark
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Yes, the word Calendar is more meaningful than Configuration +. I will probably be changing mine too...

It won't hurt if you refresh your members' memories by reposting the calendar events. They say that repetition is the best teacher. Perhaps it works for remembering upcoming calendar events too...

huntnbuds

Post by huntnbuds »

I posted this a couple days ago, with no luck. Any thoughts on what Ive asked below?

Hi there,

We are using the topic calendar to schedule a limited number of events on our club properties. In a perfect world, we would like to be able to restrict scheduling entries to a limited number of days each month, for each property (we have 40 properties and thus 40 topics).

Is it possible to either:

1) highlight certain days on the calendar in which our members are allowed to schedule

or (even better)

2) Restrict various days from scheduling any events at all?

or (home run)

3) Only allow certain days to receive scheduling entries AND limit the number of entries to, say, no more than 6 per day?
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Yes, I saw your post a few days ago huntnbuds. But since this sounds like a major code modification, I really couldn't offer any help. I was hoping someone else would jump in to help you...

I have several friends who are MOD developers. Maybe one of them can make a specialty MOD for you to do what you are asking for. Since they are pressed for time, I don't know if they will be able to write up something like this. I will forward your message to them and see if they have any interest in creating this Topic Calendar Add-on for you...

Perhaps Ptirhiik might have some ideas on this too. He is the author of the Topic Calendar MOD...

huntnbuds

Post by huntnbuds »

Id be willing to reward financially, anyone that could design such a mod...
hp_solomon

Calendar on index.

Post by hp_solomon »

Is there a mod for calendar topics to display the events on home page.. I want the mini calendar and the events for the week displayed on the homepage/portal. I can't find it in thread. Please help.

Thanks.
NewBuyer

Limit Event Posting to just one forum?

Post by NewBuyer »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm not about to browse through 141 pages... :wink:

How do you limit event posting to just particular forums?

Can you only allow mods or certain usergroups to post events?
Greg B
AlpineZone.com: Northeast Skiing
COskiing.com: Colorado Skiing
NewBuyer

Post by NewBuyer »

I'm sure it has. I don't know - one thread for popular mods like this and attachments is counterproductive, IMHO. Once a mod reaches a hundred pages or so, it should be promoted to its own forum. Anyway, thanks for the response. I did find the Calendar options in the forum permissions settings.
Greg B
AlpineZone.com: Northeast Skiing
COskiing.com: Colorado Skiing
hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon »

Any reply on my inquiry...?

Is there a mod for displaying the events on the homepage/index? I'm sure there is, can someone give me a link.

Please help. Thanks.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

NewBuyer wrote: Once a mod reaches a hundred pages or so, it should be promoted to its own forum.

I doubt that TPTB would ever devote an entire forum just for any particular MOD, even if they do have over 100 pages. It would be nice if there was a search function installed limited to only the topic though. Then you could search on keywords that only show up in this topic. Part of the reason why these topics grow so large is because the same questions are submitted and answered over and over and over again. No one wants to browse through a few pages in hopes of finding their answer. I think a search dedictated to the topic could eliminate much of the repetitive questions...

:?
DerekMecca

Post by DerekMecca »

This may have been answered before, but there are way too many pages to search through, lol.

Anyway, I'm to the part where you have to edit viewtopic.php. It says...
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
# this is a partial search : the full lines are longer
#
$sql = "SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title
FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE
WHERE
AND f.forum_id =
$order_sql

But... I cannot find this in the file. I can only find the first line, but the others do not follow.

Am I doing something wrong?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”