Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Can you provide a text link to your viewtopic.php file???

:?:
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

hp_solomon wrote: Any reply on my inquiry...?

Is there a mod for displaying the events on the homepage/index? I'm sure there is, can someone give me a link.

Please help. Thanks.

I haven't installed it, but the Topics list Tool might be able to do the trick. I'm only guessing based on the description. Since all events in the Calendar are Topics, then it sounds like this might be something that you could use:

Topics list

Perhaps if I've misread this, Ptirhiik or someone else might have a better option for you...

:lol:
DaveSmooth

Post by DaveSmooth »

I have looked and looked but can't seem to find the answer to this, even though I remember reading something about it here...I think.

What I would like to do, is when a user clicks on the Calendar link at the top to go to the full layout of the calendar is restrict its width. I would like it to fit in the normal width window with no sideways scroll bars. It appears it related to the length or amount of text in the topic.

Any body have any quick fix for this? I think I should be able to restrict it by % of width...but am unsure really and wouldn't know where to begin.

Thank you in advance.

Plus I'm still wondering if there as a way to add an Attendance field to this so a user can specify and be visible to others they will be attending.
jeromerookie

Post by jeromerookie »

hello
i've just installes this mod and it works great but i have a last question :

in the documentation, you say :
For those using the Profile Control Panel, the calendar will also display the birthday of your users

i'm very interesting in this option but i don't find the MOD you are talking about.... (Profile Control Panel)
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

NewBuyer

Post by NewBuyer »

When using the rollover function with Firefox, the popup event window tends to float partially off-screen for late week (i.e. Friday, Saturday) events. With IE, the popup shifts over to the left and is completely legible. Can anything be done there?
Greg B
AlpineZone.com: Northeast Skiing
COskiing.com: Colorado Skiing
DaveSmooth

Post by DaveSmooth »

NewBuyer wrote: When using the rollover function with Firefox, the popup event window tends to float partially off-screen for late week (i.e. Friday, Saturday) events. With IE, the popup shifts over to the left and is completely legible. Can anything be done there?

I just noticed that too...figured it was normal since I always use Firefox. I'd like to know as well.
jeromerookie

Post by jeromerookie »

NightriderXP wrote: Here are a several links that may help you :lol:

thks!

one more question : in the calendar the javascrip fonction doesnt show the avatar of the user that post the event. Is it normal? I saw forum where it was possible...
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

jeromerookie wrote: one more question : in the calendar the javascrip fonction doesnt show the avatar of the user that post the event. Is it normal? I saw forum where it was possible...

The avatars are not included in the calendar event, but I imagine that it wouldn't be difficult for someone to add that functionality to it. The variable is probably already set, so it would just have to be displayed. I don't know of any add-on MODs that add the option though. Do you have a link to the board that can do this???

:?:
thepaulius

Post by thepaulius »

very cool mod, but what about the same sort of thing but which also shows a "mini calender" on the front page?

P.
gangsta

Installing Calendar MOD = 2000 lines of code!! ??

Post by gangsta »

Topic Calendar MOD installation
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... r+calendar

I really like the Topic Calendar MOD, and I am very keen on getting it on my forum, but (correct me if I'm wrong) there are more than 2000 lines of instructions to install it! TWO THOUSAND LINES! That is ludicrous!!

I don't know how to install MODs, but my understanding is that you have to follow the instructions in the .MOD or .TXT file. Well this topic calendar MOD has 4 instruction files and it all adds up to just over 2050 lines! I am sorry but how many hours does it take to install??

I don't care how valuable the calendar might be, I won't go through all that trouble! What if I had to upgrade phpbb, then I'd have to repeat all those 2000 lines of instructions (and possibly more!?)? Not a chance.

Can anyone advise me of a better way of installing mods?

(I must say I am fairly new to phpbb and I have never used the calendar, or any MODs for that matter -so I am hoping I misunderstood the instructions, and if so *please* let me know!)

ps - Has anyone used "phpBB 2 Calendar" by snailsource? Found it on www.phpbbhacks.com.
NewBuyer

Post by NewBuyer »

EasyMod is your friend and Topic Calendar installs fine with it.
Greg B
AlpineZone.com: Northeast Skiing
COskiing.com: Colorado Skiing
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

gangsta, I agree with NewBuyer. EasyMod is the best way to go. If you use EM to install this MOD, it will probably only take a few short minutes, not hours and the code will be installed correctly the first time. If you try to apply this manually, even if you are very careful, chances are you will make a mistake. Why bother? EM installs the code quickly and reliably. It also creates backups of all the modified files that you can quickly restore should things go south. In addition, EM maintains a log history of all that is installed. IMHO, EM is your best choice...

Here is a more direct link to EM. I would be more than happy to help you if you have problems with the install or use of EM:

EasyMOD v0.2.1a released (for phpBB 2.0.x)

gangsta

thanks guys!

Post by gangsta »

I did not know about EasyMod. Thanks NightriderXP & NewBuyer!
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Let us know if you have any problems with the install and use of EM. Once you begin using EM, you will wonder why you ever did it any other way...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”