Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

NewBuyer

Post by NewBuyer »

NightriderXP wrote: Once you begin using EM, you will wonder why you ever did it any other way...

:lol:

You ain't kidding. I even have a custom mod file (little here and there tweaks) that I'm going to confirm meets the standards and try that too. 8)
Greg B
AlpineZone.com: Northeast Skiing
COskiing.com: Colorado Skiing
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Are you thinking of submitting them to the MOD Database? That would be kewl if true. That's the beauty of an Open Source community like this. I have written a few custom MODs myself that I may try to submit to the MOD Database. All of my MODs are written with EM in mind...

NewBuyer

Post by NewBuyer »

NightriderXP wrote: Are you thinking of submitting them to the MOD Database? That would be kewl if true. That's the beauty of an Open Source community like this. I have written a few custom MODs myself that I may try to submit to the MOD Database. All of my MODs are written with EM in mind...

No. They're just little tweaks that are specific to my sites.
Greg B
AlpineZone.com: Northeast Skiing
COskiing.com: Colorado Skiing
DaveSmooth

Post by DaveSmooth »

Anybody come up with anything on my requests? They couldn't possibly be that hard....or could they?
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

DaveSmooth, I wish I could help. I looked through the code and the ACP and I can't find any easy way to do as you are requesting. Hopefully if Ptirhiik has the time, he will come along and try to help you with this...

I did see this in functions_calendar.php though that probably holds the key:

Code: Select all

if ($offset >= count($day_of_week)) $offset = 0;
			$template->assign_block_vars('_calendar_box.switch_full_month._cell', array(
				'WIDTH'		=> floor(100 / $nb_cells),
				'L_DAY'		=> $day_of_week[$offset],
				)
			);
Or perhaps this section:

$template->assign_block_vars('_calendar_box._row._cell', array(
				'WIDTH'		=> floor(100 / $nb_cells),
				'SPAN'		=> $span,
				'DATE'		=> sprintf( $format, date_dsp( ($full_month ? '' : 'D ') . $lang['DATE_FORMAT'], $offset_date)),
				'U_DATE'	=> append_sid($phpbb_root_path . "./calendar_scheduler.$phpEx?d=" . $offset_date . "&fid=$fid"),
				)
			);
You might be able to modify the assignment to the WIDTH variable to do what you are requesting. I'm not quite sure at the moment what though...

The following line in the calendar_box.tpl file seems to make it so that the columns are adjustable since it uses the "%" setting for the column width:

<td class="row1" valign="top" colspan="{_calendar_box._row._cell.SPAN}" width="{_calendar_box._row._cell.WIDTH}%">
Looking at this and the previous code before it, it seems like the calendar should adjust to the window size as you are expecting. Am I misunderstanding what you are asking for???
:?
DaveSmooth

Post by DaveSmooth »

Nightrider

That looks like what I'm looking for....I've seen the calendar fit to the window on someone's setup (wish I could remember who) and it didn't matter how many entries were in the calendar or the length of the title.

But I'll look at what you've reported....and let everyone know.

Thanks!!!
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

The calendar does fit to my window on my board using Opera no matter what the size of the window area. There are not a lot of calendar events on my board though, so I have no idea what would happen with multiple events. You can set the size of the text in the ACP using the Configuration + in General Admin. That might be enough to resolve your problem if the text length is your problem...

DaveSmooth

Post by DaveSmooth »

Unfortunately I have messed with those settings, and it hasn't done what I'm looking for.

Take a look at the calendar on my board:

http://www.deepprogressions.com/board/calendar.php

I have to scroll to the right to see the entire calendar, I want it to autofit to the window more or less.....and my monitor res is 1024x...so that seems mighty wide.

I just realized you can't view my calendar without registering...just a plan to keep unwanted eyes out....LOL.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

I can see your calendar without registering and I see your problem. It is not the Topic Calendar that is causing your problem. Your logo and the menu beside it are too wide and is unable to adjust to the width of the page. If you were to move the text below your turntable in your logo or place the menu below the logo, your page would fit to the size of the window...

I just noticed that the width of the colomns for the last 3 days in your calendar display strange. I just looked and mine does the same. I bet that can be cleaned up too...

DaveSmooth

Post by DaveSmooth »

Cool....thanks bruv.....yea, I saw you registered...enjoy the music if are into Electronic Dance. :D
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

After registering, I do see the problem that you are talking about. It does seem like the text is wider than the columns, so they adjust making them too wide. Are you saying that this can't be fixed using the settings in the ACP???

:?:
jeromerookie

Post by jeromerookie »

is it normal that only moderators have the rights to make an event ?
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

No, you can change the permissions on a per-forum basis. Just go into your ACP to the Forum Admin section and click on Permissions. Once in Forum Permissions, make sure you are in the Advanced mode. There you can set the permissions of who can post an event to the calendar...

DaveSmooth

Post by DaveSmooth »

NightriderXP wrote: After registering, I do see the problem that you are talking about. It does seem like the text is wider than the columns, so they adjust making them too wide. Are you saying that this can't be fixed using the settings in the ACP???

:?:

Yea...I've tried a few different settings...but let me goof with them some more...
DaveSmooth

Post by DaveSmooth »

Got it to work...I just set Length of Title to 15 and voila!

Now just got to work on a possible attendance field and why the box doesn't shift over in Firefox like it does with IE.....

Thanks Nightrider for pointing me in the right direction...its always nice to sort of figure it out with a little help.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”