Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Steve39: this is what provides the board header week row. Though, there are at this time no snipet for a dedicated upcoming events list, mainly because the events requires to be selected between two dates to not bloat the index: on a busy board using largely the calendar events, this week row can really becomes an heavy load, especially when the overview of event is activated, so having this list could really be penalizing (as per definition it has no end timeframe). That doesn't mean I have no idea how to do one, but it is not yet in the priority list as the week row does already do pretty well the job in most cases :).
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Marshalrusty wrote: What you seem to be missing is that COPY root/*.* TO *.* should grab everything in the root folder and copy it over, subfolders and all. You shouldn't need to specify each folder separately..

Actually COPY root/*.* TO *.* will only copy the calendar.php to the phpBB root folder and nothing else. It is now a known problem with the MOD and can be corrected easily. If you don't care whether others are adversely affected by this, you have a right not to care. But as long as this COPY section is not corrected, there will be a lot of people coming in here with the same problem simply because Ptrihiik is too stubborn to fix it. And on top of that, he will blame EM for not working correctly, which is not true. EM shouldn't have to comply with Ptirhiik's standards, but the other way around...

When Ptirhiik owns phpBB, then he can change the rules. Until then, he is just another MOD author who should be expected to make sure his MOD installs properly with EM just like all the others. Since his Topic Calendar MOD is causing problems, everyone should expect him to fix it, including you and the phpBB Team Members. Or are we now promoting alternative BBS by making sure our MOD standards are set as low as possible???

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

I have just gone to the trouble of doing a fresh install of phpBB2.0.21 and Easymod (latest version just downloaded)
I have just installed this calendar mod and it gave no errors at all. All files were copied across including the ones that are in dispute.
The tables were also added to the database - I did not have to add them myself as there was an install page came up for that when I exited the Admin CP.

Can we now let the issue of it's install with Easymod drop.

I have tested it and it does work with Easymod.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
elimere

Post by elimere »

Im incredbly new to phpbb/mods and have proberbly done something wrong that is very obvious. I installed the mod (i followed the readme) but now my entire board is a white screen so i cannot see if it has worked. Ive gone to the install_cal/install.php file and that is a blank screen as well. Can anyone help (i hope this is the right place to post this):

http://divinity.byethost33.com/forums/

EDIT:

Found the problem, the server crashed.
Last edited by elimere on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I suggest you to check your phpBB root path content against the "installed" pack (which is a full phpBB with the mod correctly applied). I suggest the use of winmerge (a free comparer tool) to quickly narrow the differences between the both.
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

NightriderXP, how Ptirhiik has the copy command is a correct method of doing that. The problem is with EasyMOD.
Eric
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

So when do you plan on releasing a "fix" for EM so that it will comply with Ptirhiik's standards???

Mr. Spoonman

Post by Mr. Spoonman »

Any help for me, please? :)
Mr. Spoonman wrote: Hi! :)

The mod works great for me but with one issue:

Server-Time: GMT+1
Board-Time: GMT+1
User-Time: GMT+1

September 22, 00:00 - 00:59 are shown as September 21 instead of September 22 in the calendar

"September 22, 01:00 - September 23, 00:59" is then shown as September 22.

The calendar switches the date to the next day one hour later as it should do - what can I do? :oops:
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

When using am/pm notation, 00am doesn't exists, but 12pm: is it what you are experiencing ? Else, what is the poster timezone and what is the viewer timezone ?
Mr. Spoonman

Post by Mr. Spoonman »

All Timezones are GMT+1 an we use a 24h-system instead of the am/pm-notation. :)

Hm...does the calender support Daylight Saving Times (DST)?
If not, it would eventually explain this behavior... :?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

er... The mod you've quoted return the server dst, not the user dst (what is not correct: I don't have the same DST than you). So does this mod support dst ? Yes, if the DST shift is stored in phpbb_users.user_dst field. Does it supports server DST time, of course no.
Mr. Spoonman

Post by Mr. Spoonman »

Ptirhiik wrote: er... The mod you've quoted return the server dst, not the user dst (what is not correct: I don't have the same DST than you). So does this mod support dst ? Yes, if the DST shift is stored in phpbb_users.user_dst field. Does it supports server DST time, of course no.

Ah, okay - that explains everything. Thank you :D

I don't have a 'user_dst' in 'phpbb_users'...is there any mod around to add that?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Specific to this functionality ? I don't remind having seen one, but ask in the mod request forum.
elimere

Post by elimere »

Does the mod work with EM?
ToniToaster

Post by ToniToaster »

Hi Ptirhiik,

thank you for this mod. I really like it but I have three questions:

1.) The Calendar shows birthdays (I use the Terrafrost mod and have copied the appropriate include file and uncommented the appropriate constant) but the scheduler doesn't show them. Is there a way to show birthdays in scheduler, too?

2.) Is there a way to make the mod work with a 24 hour format in the pull down menues?

3.) Is there a way to make the mod work with german names for the weekdays in the profile?

Thanks for your help
Thomas

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”