Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

merebel

Post by merebel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:57 am

Installed this mod and it works geat
Just two questions

1. The select a forum can this be removed and why would we need it?

2nd Can I limit who can add to the calander by a group level???

Thanks
Keith

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:17 am

> TonyToaster: please install the Run Stat mod (you will find it in this very forum), then report the queries done for a schedular view on a day you expect a birthday to appear. Format and langs are linked to your users choices (through the standard phpBB user preferences),

> merebel: ability to create event on topics are handled with a auth, so yes: check your forum auths, details. The forum drop down list is to focus on events posted in a particular forum. It is actually very handy if you have many dedicated-to-events forums. It can be removed from the tpl if you don't have the use.

MalcolmG

Post by MalcolmG » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:16 am

is there an easy way to change the year range in the drop-down menu on the new topic page? Our calendar is only used for future events so we don't need it to start from 1970! I tried changing the dates in includes/class_calendar_api.php and includes/class_calendar_posting.php but although this changed the drop down menu, it didn't work when I tried to submit the event

earle

Post by earle » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:38 am

Great mod, and easy to install.
does anyone know how I can edit the popup window that comes up when I hover over the calendar. Is it a tpl file?

I could do with removing the following info:

Forum: RAKKIT.com forums » PARTIES / EVENTS / GIGS
Author: rakkit
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:09 pm
Replies: 0
Views: 24

elimere

Post by elimere » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:50 pm

BUMP

Is it able to be installed with the easy mod?

fudgonaut

Post by fudgonaut » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:09 pm

I tried NightriderXP's '6 line fix' and ended up with the exact smae problem. I tried the 'installed pack,' and the installation seemd fine but there appears to be no calendar option either at the top of the forum or in the admin panel.

EDIT: I tried from scratch and realized that there was one error while I applied the 'instal pack.' When I was going through the Topic Calendar install tool, I got this:

SQL request failed (maybe already done) : ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics DROP INDEX topic_calendar_time

Any ideas?

I'm a total n00b at this, is there an earlier version of EasyMOD that is able to install (an earlier version of) Topic Calendar correctly?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:01 pm

> fudgonaut: nothing to worry, as mentioned on the screen: just press resume.

fudgonaut

Post by fudgonaut » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:08 pm

Thanks Ptirhiik, I went ahead and completed the process, but when I access the forum I'm still not seeing a Calendar icon at the top, or any other indication that I can access/modify a calendar.

Man, I'm lame at this.

EDIT:
Jim_UK, I have tried using EM on a fresh install of the latest version of phpbb2 to implement Topic Calendar. And as I said earlier, while the install seems to go smoothly (I cross-checked the script changes in the MOD instructions with that of the EM change report, and they all match up), I still get the following when I click on the Calendar link at the top of my forum:
Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_cal' in 'field list'

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_cal, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 3 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id

Line : 174
File : auth.php

I am almost certain there's a simple step I'm not doing here. Either an assumption on my part, or an assumption in the instructions that I am just plain missing. This MOD is perfect for my needs, if anyone has the time/patience to walk me through the installation, I would be infinitely grateful.

BTW, if it helps, the service provider I'm using is ace-host.net and I'm using Fantastico through a Control Panel to install the phpbb2 forum.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:27 pm

IMHO, you should install phpBB first manually, not through a third party api, as you are far from sure - and so am I - what you have installed is indeed a plain phpBB, latest version, standard install. Anyway, verify all the files are present, don't trust easyMOD on this. Then, open in a text editor the install_cat/schema/mysql.php, and rerun each request through phpmyadmin, and report any error which would not be "the field already exists".

On a side note, it is very dangerous to use easymod on a live environment, even keeping it installed on this live environment: use it only on a dev/test environment, built on your PC with ie wampserver.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:43 pm

Ptirhiik, that is your opinion, which is not shared by thousands of other people who regularly use EM every day. Don't trash EM simply because you don't want to build your MODs to work with it...

I can say plenty negative about your MODs too, but I have a bit more courtesy than you seem to be showing here when unnecessarily badmouthing a very handy tool that you refuse to use and have challenged since its inception...

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:07 pm

pfuii.. You never quit, aren't you ? Don't you think there are some solid reasons (and not "preferences") I advice to not install easyMOD on a live environment but on a test/dev one, and preferently on a localhost (eg not on a public host), or have you a so short thinking about what is implied behind this advice ? No ? That doesn't matter actually, this only matters with the easyMOD devs. Now, unless you have support asks about the mod this topic is dedicated, or want to help to the support of, I will be greatfull you to stop easyMOD-relative discussion on this very topic. Feel free to open another topic at the dedicated place and point it to me it if you want to discuss further about easyMOD and your opinions, but here is not the place : one page of out-of-topic posts is enough. TIA.

fudgonaut

Post by fudgonaut » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:28 pm

Ptirhiik,

So the idea is to set up WAMP locally, affect the changes I want and tweak them until they're working, then upload the local forum up to the server? This may be getting beyond my modest skill level, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

And Nightrider, can you just please drop the subject? Your apparent indignation is neither justified nor helpful. Ptirhiik is not under your employ, and is free to apply his time and effort where he sees fit. End of story.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:47 pm

Basicaly, yes. The only thing remaining behind the ftp upload from the test env are the database modifications. With TC, you will have to upload also the install_cat/ in order to let it run on the production environment.

To install wamp, I suggest you wampserver product, easy to install and very efficient.

fudgonaut

Post by fudgonaut » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:02 pm

So I've messed around with WAMP5, unfortunately it's all beyond my skill level. Unfortunatley my schedule doesn't afford me the time I need to learn all this and make it work. I'm a total n00b who was hoping to find a plug-n-play solution. I have a friend who does web admin, I'm just going to pay him to set up the forum and install the mods I need.

Maybe one of these days I'll have the time to sit down and really learn this stuff. Thank you for your time, much appreciated!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:07 pm

Don't worry and take some times to get wampserver working: you have probably missed a very simple thing, like ie where stands the root of the localhost site (it is not so easy to get at first launch ;)). Once you get this point, and will have learn to use phpmyadmin to create a database (btw, the default db user is root, no password) what is very simple actually, you will very quickly get comfortable with your http://localhost/ install ;).

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”