Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:24 am

fudgonaut wrote: I'm a total n00b who was hoping to find a plug-n-play solution. I have a friend who does web admin, I'm just going to pay him to set up the forum and install the mods I need.

Fudgonaut, if you go to Area 51 and ask for assistance, I'll be happy to help you save some money as well as help you install a utility that will make modding your board almost plug-and-play as you had hoped for. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain, so you might as well try it and see what happens. Then you can decide what to believe...

Avarus

Post by Avarus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:10 pm

Is it also possible to add a date per post and not only per topic? Something like:

I make a new topic named "Matches of the Month"
1st post contains all matches of comming Monday - date 1-1-1980
2nd post contains all matches of comming Tuesday - dage 1-2-1980
3th post contains all matches comming Wednesday - date 1-3-1980

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:22 pm

> Avarus: no: the dates are stored at topic level for a better reading of the forum where stands the events. It also allows the users to comment the event with posting replies, on present or past events.

Avarus

Post by Avarus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:00 pm

So there is no way to add a birthday calendar or something?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:42 pm

Take a look at the author notes for birthday mod compliancy.

fudgonaut

Post by fudgonaut » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:31 pm

Problem solved:

My installation issues were due to permission settings. My server host requires all file and folder permissions to be set to 755. Once I did that to all EasyMOD and Topic Calendar contents, intallation went smoothly. EasyMOD was able to do all the work. Once I removed the install_cal folder, the Calendar feature is worked like a charm.

Thanks everyone for your help!

ToniToaster

Post by ToniToaster » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:18 pm

Hi Ptirhiik,
Ptirhiik wrote: > TonyToaster: please install the Run Stat mod (you will find it in this very forum), then report the queries done for a schedular view on a day you expect a birthday to appear.

OK, i'll do this some day.
Ptirhiik wrote: > TonyToaster: please install the Run Stat mod (you will find it in this very forum), then report the queries done for a schedular view on a day you expect a birthday to appear. Format and langs are linked to your users choices (through the standard phpBB user preferences)

My preferences are set at "d M Y G:i", so this is a 24 hour format.

I think there is a little error in class_calendar_api.php:
Line 153 is

Code: Select all

if ( !isset($order[$key]) && ($pos = strpos($fmt, $code)) )
but in my opinion should be

if ( !isset($order[$key]) && ($pos = strpos($date_fmt, $code)) )
because your version ignores the first character in the format string.

Line 166 is

if ( !isset($order[$comp]) && (($comp != 'a') || (strtolower($format['h']) == 'g')) )
This way a "a" is always added, even if the hour code is "G" or "H" which are 24 hour formats.
So the correct code should be

if ( !isset($order[$comp]) && (($comp != 'a') || ($format['h'] == 'g') || ($format['h'] == 'h')) )
I didn't find a solution for the english (instead of german) weekdays used in the calendars settings in the profile but this is a minor problem.

Thomas

Avarus

Post by Avarus » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:14 am

Call me a noob, but the birthdays don't work up here. First I've copied class_calender_birthday_dmy_sep.php over to /includes, then I've edited class_calender_birthday.php as it says in the author notes. But when I upload the latter file, I got this on my forum:

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:08 pm

TC won't install a birthday mod: you have to add a third party birthday mod. What is implied in TC is the ability to display the birthday when present and having some supported format.

cavallino

Post by cavallino » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:47 pm

I have the TerraFrost birthday mod installed in my board, so I copy the class_calendar_birthday_mdy.php file inside includes directory and I uncomment this line

define('BIRTHDAY_FMT', 'mdy'); // MMDDYYYY
in class_calendar_birthday.php.

But then if i try to open the calendar i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: format_month_long() in /home/board/includes/class_calendar_birthday.php on line 263
at line 263 of class_calendar_birthday.php I have:

$fmt = $calendar_api->format_month_long(implode(' ', $fmt));
What is the problem?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:48 pm

uh ? Ensure all the files are in place (not only the driver, but the TC calendar files). If all are in place, ensure none is corrupted (ie loose of linefeed/carriage return, partial upload, this kind of things).

cavallino

Post by cavallino » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:59 pm

I reuploaded all the files from scratch and now its okay!
I can see also birthdays
thanks.

ahdong

Post by ahdong » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:18 pm

Does this mod support registration? That means members can register for an event and the user names of those who registered will be shown together with the event/topic

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:59 pm

No, but users can post a reply to the event topic as a registration, something like "Count me in !" :).

fudgonaut

Removing past years from drop-down box?

Post by fudgonaut » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:46 am

When posting an event, the drop-down box for 'Year' goes back to 1970. Which file can I edit to remove all years prior to 2006 from that list box?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”