Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

Ptirhiik

Re: Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:52 am

> lovinlindy: all of this seems to reflect simply a not correct installation of the mod, so you have to recheck it.

sovietpop

Post by sovietpop » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:21 pm

Hello

I am totally new to phpbb so apologies in advance for my ignorance. I'm learning by making mistakes.

I installed the topic calender by using easy mod. Now I cannot post to my forum at all (eek!).
I get the error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function check_post_element_usage() in myforumname/includes/functions_post.php on line 142

If anyone has any suggestions as how I might solve this it would be most appreciated. (and no, I didn't save my database before making the mod - as I say learning by my mistakes, and I won't make that one again)

lovinlindy

Post by lovinlindy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:11 pm

Ptirhiik: I agree that obviously somewhere in the installation, something went wrong. I have gone through all of the updated files and can't seem to find an incorrect entry. Can you give some guidance on which file affects the Admin Panel and not being able to see it? Then I can hone in on the one file that must be updated incorrectly. I have no computer degree, I'm learning all of this from trial and error, so I just need someone to point me in the right direction. Much appreciated!!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:25 pm

There is a miracle tool called winmerge, which is a side-by-side free comparer tool you can use to check your board root directory against the "installed" pack (check first page of this very topic) root/ directory. Though this installed pack is build onto phpBB 2.0.21, this tool should allow you to quickly narrow any suspect difference (eg not coming from another mods, and not coming from the phpBB upgrade from 2.0.21 to 2.0.22, which was very light).

aumanpj

Post by aumanpj » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Hi Ptirhiik,

After much nashing of teeth, I've been able to get the calendar to render the current month on my homepage. Check it out: http://www.wnystudentexchange.com

This progress leaves me with but only the January 3rd problem. Have you had any luck with it?

Thank you much,
Phil

303tb

Post by 303tb » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Hello all,

i like this mod very, but my idea is to assign it only to 1 party forum! not to all forums how I can do that?

chas_is_handsome

Post by chas_is_handsome » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:36 am

aumanpj,
Your calender integration is amazing!
What's the code?

Xclavo

Post by Xclavo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 am

chas_is_handsome wrote:aumanpj,
Your calender integration is amazing!
What's the code?

agreed! that is very interesting. :geek:

InTimo

Post by InTimo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:22 pm

Hello,

I´m an german phpBB "Fan" and an active phpbb.de Board-User.

But today I´ve a Problem with the Topic Calendar .. -> Birhtday MOD by Niels 1.5.9

The Calendar doesn´t display the Birthdays of my Users :( I´ve tested all Dateformats in the class_calendar_birthday .. but no result :(

Any Idea ??

http://www.homaer.de/board

Timo

PS: "After much nashing of teeth, I've been able to get the calendar to render the current month on my homepage. Check it out: http://www.wnystudentexchange.com" .. Ho do you do this on your Page ??

aumanpj

Post by aumanpj » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi Ptirhiik,

I'm curious to know if you've made any progress on the calendar render problems for the month of January.

Phil

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:41 am

Not yet: I hadn't a chance to work on it due to time consumed on another project (which will benefit to next TC too). However, it stands on my to-do list, at top.

InTimo

Post by InTimo » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 am

Hello Experts .. no Idea for my Problem with the Birthdays ??

An other problem:
I haven´t an StyleURL for the Calendar :( All other Links becomes automatical an ?style=2 at the end

see http://www.homaer.de/board/index.php?style=2

InTimo

Post by InTimo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Hello . .I´ve installed the TerraForest Birthday MOD and now all Birthdays are displayed in the Calendar. But what about the Styleproblem ?? I haven´t any idea :(

Timo

syndalis

Post by syndalis » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:13 am

I hate to be a butt about this... but this is by far my favorite mod for all of PHPBB, and it is keeping me chained down until a phpbb3 version comes along.

any chance of seeing it converted to the new software?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:55 am

This I can reply immediatly: no version for phpBB 3 will ever be released here at phpBB.com by myself, due to the obligation to use the MODx format (xml), as I have no intention to lose my time in supporting install errors due to this format being human unreadable: I had lost enough by the past with easyMOD errors to not add fashion new ones.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”