Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

London_Forest

Post by London_Forest »

Great Mod.

I have installed it using Easy Mod, works fine apart from the fact it reports the event twice under my thread title.

Forum Night Out - London
From Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:00 pm to Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:59 pm (included)
From Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:00 pm to Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:59 pm (included)

I have manually double checked all the code but I can not see where I have duplicated anything.

Any ideas where I should be looking for my likely mistake?

thanks.

nick^

Ok...this is probably going to be really stupid but...

Post by nick^ »

My main goal with the site i'm currently working on is to get a semi-dynamic calendar of events for both the company in question and the surrounding area, since there really isn't a central place like that for our area. I want to use phpBB to do it, and this mod seems to fit the bill for what i want to do. But i have two questions...

1) I haven't installed phpBB yet, but i'm lookin to install Extreme phpBB (just to save me some time of collaborating and installing mods...) and it already has the old Calendar thing written by Dallan (sp?) on it, is there any tips on removing it and switching to this version which, if i've read correctly, is improved?

2) Can i use a script such as topics_anywhere or the one that's in extreme phpBB (can't remember the name...) that allows you to pull specific events out of the DB for use elsewhere in the site (like putting the next month's worth of coming events put dynamicly on the site's index, and having the most recent 5 news articles posted in teh 'news' forum described and linked on the site's index page (the site, not the phpBB index...)).

I'm pretty good at putting things together on my own and writing code and all that good stuff, but when it comes to finding stuff in such a vast expanse as the PHP community via a few simple searchs, i'm dumbfounded that anybody can accomplish it.
If everything is going well, you obviously don't know what the he!! is going on...

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

:arrow: nick^: For your index page take a look at ezPortal. http://smartor.is-root.com/. It is unobtrusive with phpbb (only a few lines to change in one or two forum files and some language lines to add). It also has a few mods for it to add some features. You can also get mini-calendar and put it right on the portal with ease. mini-calendar will display future events. (read posts in this thread to find a few fixes for mini-cal and topic calendar). ezPortal will also display the latest messages in forums of your choice.

I modified my ezPortal to only display announcements from all my forums. And, it listens to forum permissions.

Visit my site to see what I have done and visit the ezPortal site for a more default look.

nick^

Post by nick^ »

While it seems like an easy way out...that's not what i'm really lookin to do.
If everything is going well, you obviously don't know what the he!! is going on...

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

Aeternavi wrote: No luck editing the SQL, it is just out of my league. I can't figure it out.

If you have it,

Open phpAdmin :arrow:

Copy and past the SQL statements install instructions into the

Run SQL query/queries on database (your database name) Box

Click "Go"

After that, edit your files - if this is the site you're working with www.mitsumadness.com then you'll need to make some of your own changes to make it work with that theme

kall

Post by kall »

I have this mod working quite well, but for mone minor issue..

Stuff (birthdays etc) only show for unregistered users. Once I log in, the link with the yellow arrow (Calendar Box) and the Events visible in calendar.php vanish.

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

kall wrote: Stuff (birthdays etc) only show for unregistered users. Once I log in, the link with the yellow arrow (Calendar Box) and the Events visible in calendar.php vanish.

Check your edits in overall_header.tpl

cobalt

Post by cobalt »

Sorry I have a problem installing this mod, with my data base.

I enter the commands:
ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD topic_calendar_time INT(11);
ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD topic_calendar_duration INT(11);
ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics ADD INDEX (topic_calendar_time);

ALTER TABLE phpbb_auth_access ADD auth_cal TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD auth_cal TINYINT(2) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
UPDATE phpbb_auth_access SET auth_cal = auth_sticky;
UPDATE phpbb_forums SET auth_cal = auth_sticky;

And I have this message:
#1044 - Access denied for user: 'my_name@localhost' to database 'lmy_base'

(I changed here the names..)

What can I do?

thx

masterdavid

Post by masterdavid »

Where did you enter those lines? I suggest that you use phpmyadmin. From the error message, it appears that the user you are using have no privilege to make the transactions you are requesting to the database.

kall

Post by kall »

Dio2 wrote: Check your edits in overall_header.tpl

Okay, had a look there.

Now it appears that non-special members (not admins or super mods) can see the calendar. [EDIT] - Admins and super mods are unable to see it.

:(

*scratches head*

Where's the auth stuf for the calendar?

adn_rapitconsult

The install of this baby..its a killer

Post by adn_rapitconsult »

I need the functions that is in this mod, but the install is a killer :!: :roll:

mod-topic_calendar-101:

Code: Select all

##	o part 1 is common to all setups
##	o part 2 is required if you haven't Split topic type v 2 or greater installed
##	o part 3 is required if you haven't Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4 or greater
##	o part 4 is required if you have Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4 or greater
I got standard 2.0.6 with a few mods, not split topic though. Should i follow step 1,2 & 3 in order to run this?

Ill suggest that the mod to be downloaded in different versions, so the user that has a blank install, simply get the needed files and nothing more. Too many folders & readme files on this one :oops:

masterdavid

Post by masterdavid »

Actually, this modification is an advance modification and the separation of the install files makes it flexible to be compatible with most cases of forum status. The good thing about ptirhiik's mod it that when you have installed one of it, you will not repeat most of the items from the other mods since you have already done it in the first.

Well your suggestion is good regarding the install file and let us wait if ptirhiik still has the time to answer your needs. Or maybe someone is nice enough and has the time to make individual packages for every case :D

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Making different package will result in different mod version, where the final code remain the same : for some reasons regarding maintenance and evolution issues, this is preciasly what I don't want. BTW, it would be much more comfusing than splitting the install process in parts. Just count the number of packages it would require for this one...

adn_rapitconsult

Post by adn_rapitconsult »

no anwser yet? well for a not very php experienced webbie, then the install is a real killer :oops:

will the next version of phpbb use this mod?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Just follow the notes as they are. There is no difficulties there.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”