Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Well, glad for you you fixed your issue, even if you fixed the effect, and not the cause (this will mean you have a high chance to encounter it elsewhere, implying a cascade of fixes, but it is your choice :)). Don't forget in the header of the file you have modified you did, or you will probably erase it with further upgrades.

by email ? hummm.. how the people can be shy sometime /me rofl
Aahz

Now that I've got this workin'

Post by Aahz »

Is there any way to change the tiny topic gif on the calendar to the post icon from your post icon mod?

-Aahz
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Not sure to get what you are asking there : are you meaning changing in the month/week-on-header views the icon in front of the title by the topic icon ?
Aahz

Post by Aahz »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Not sure to get what you are asking there : are you meaning changing in the month/week-on-header views the icon in front of the title by the topic icon ?

Yep, that's what I'd like to do.

Our forums are to support our spoken word and poetry shows and I'm working on some custom icons for individual shows to add to your Post Icons MOD. Would it be difficult to have these (or even the current icons) autmatically show up on the calendar views?

-Aahz
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Quite easy indeed : you have already the $dsp_topic_icon var ready to use in the functions_calendar.php/get_event_topics() func. Just use it to fill the $new_row['event_type_icon'] entry, but be aware it will probably be larger in height than the tiny set.
Executive

Post by Executive »

Can I use this with the DVDFuture template?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I really don't know how far from subSilver is this template (and btw, for template support, in most of case, the best is to adress the author of the template : he knows the best what changes it did to subSilver to get his template).
myndmelt

Post by myndmelt »

Still trying to get through all the editing for the mod. I am probably stupid and there is a package wehre i can download the files already edited. But this editing is taking for ever to do.its simple but its taking forever.

ryan
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Use easymod :).
myndmelt

Post by myndmelt »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Use easymod :).

sorri , i dont know what that is
myndmelt

Post by myndmelt »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Use easymod :).

kck ass. i figured out easy mod and this rules.

UPDATE:

unfortunatly It gave me messed up sql errors. dont know if it was easymod or the server :(
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Easymod doesn't yet perform the sql requests (neither multi-copies of files, ie *.*) : be sure to read all the warning it sends, and to refer to the support board dedicated to this tool :).
gatezone

How to post, edit, delete calendar item

Post by gatezone »

Maybe I should have named this dumb and dumber for my inability to track down the basics.

I installed the topic-calendar mod (with the additional necessary mods) and can view the calendar, make changes in the configuration+, but for the life of me I cannot see where to add, edit, delete items from the calendar... I don't see it as a formum or topic in any of the places I know to look. It is a great mod for what I need, but I can't tell if something went wrong in the installation (no obvious errors) or it's just my dumbness. Thanks...
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Just set your forum auths to allow to post event in forums, go to these forums, create a new topic : you will see at the footer the dates to input.
gatezone

How to post, edit, delete calendar item

Post by gatezone »

Thanks, I'm starting to get the hang of it. Great results, but of course I'm having to re-groove some synapses.

I'm setting up a system that uses private hidden discussions and it is great that calendars are created that only have that forum's events on it and cannot be seen by users who are not in that forum's user group.

Is there some conventional wisdom regarding setting up calendars in terms of doing it so the forum isn't 'littered' with lots of Calendar Topics? Topics are the only thing that will post as a calendar item, correct? My concern is for a forum that may have a lot of calendar items.

Wait... it may be coming to me, you set up a calendar *forum* within that category? Has someone put together any type of 'cheat sheet' for working with the mod?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”