Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

Ptirhiik

Re: Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

Post by Ptirhiik »

easyMOD fails often to copy correctly files. Don't trust easyMOD: its work has to be consciously rechecked each time, whatever the mod. Also, and this is a very important issue: never ever use easyMOD on your live board: first the chance you break your board is very high (especially if you have many mods and/or many templates), second it opens security issues with disclosing the scripts modified. Check packages like wampserver to build a local test/dev environment, and diff tools like winmerge to reapply the modifications to your production environment from the dev/test one.
stile_usm

Post by stile_usm »

I have got this mod working on my BB the only problem is that it only allows the admin to enter items on the calendar and I would like all users to do it.

What do I need to change to allow this.
Yajirobe

Post by Yajirobe »

My message board was working just fine in 2.0.21. I then did the manual update from 2.0.21 to 2.0.22 on a test board. All of the edits were fine and were done correctly, but it wasn't until I went to the /install/update_to_latest.php where it made the database changes that I started getting errors on any page.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /****/****/****/****/includes/page_header.php on line 492
Again, this is what that looks like:

//-- mod : calendar ------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
global $user, $config, $calendar_api;
$user->set(); //-------------------- LINE 294 -----------------------
$calendar_api->set();
if ( !defined('IN_CALENDAR') && !defined('HAS_DIED') && (intval($config->data['calendar_header_cells']) || (intval($user->data['user_calendar_header_cells']) && !intval($config->data['calendar_header_cells_over']))) )
{
	include($config->url('includes/class_calendar_handler'));
I have no idea what may have caused this, but I hope some of the information I provided may help.
Yajirobe

Post by Yajirobe »

Okay apparently the error was coming from the fact that the update_to_latest.php file was still there. I just had to delete it in order for everything to happily work again. Yay for error messages that make sense! ^_^
silentcricket

Post by silentcricket »

Excelent, excelent mod!

Below is an image clip of how my board sees that the topic post is an event.

This is great. The grey text provides the information needed but is there a way to include this same information on the View Topic page when the user actually views the event topic? Maybe have the event information displayed to the right of the topic title or below the topic title as it is in the image above.

Again, excelent mod. All the users on my forum love it.
---------------------------
SilentCricket
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

er... It is supposed to be displayed just under the topic title at the first post.
silentcricket

Post by silentcricket »

Yeah, I figured it might supposed to but I only see the following:

---------------------------
SilentCricket
Slon77

Post by Slon77 »

Thanks a lot to Ptirhiik and the MOD team for the great job!!!!
As i understood - in previous versions of TC it was possible to operate with repeating events.
But not in this one..
Pity..
And it was suggested to use an additional MOD for it.
Please could you clarify - which one?
Or maybe you have in plans to add a repeating events support to the next TC edition?
Thank you!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Great MOD! Installed and working well on a VERY HEAVILY MODed v2.0.23 (75+ MODs).

Like many others, I've also used one of the add-ons to integrate member Birthdays with Topic Calendar. I didn't care much for how the birthdays span across 2 days (representing the 24 hour period of the person's birthday in their own time zone), so I made a small change to the code which stops this from happening.

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
includes/class_calendar_birthday.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
		$timeshift = intval(3600 * (doubleval($row['user_timezone']) + intval($row['user_dst']) - doubleval($user->data['user_timezone']) - intval($user->data['user_dst'])));
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
		$timeshift = "";
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]--------------------------------
#
# EoM
This change makes it so that the $timeshift variable is never set, and the code which performs the time shift is never processed. The end result is that each birthday is only displayed once, on the actual day of the member's birthday, not taking time zones into consideration.

I haven't noticed any negative effects to the rest of the Calendar system, but I won't guarantee the same outcome for others. If you chose to make this change, you do so at your own risk.

Perhaps Ptirhiik could add a response if he feels this will cause a problem elsewhere.

This may have been discussed elsewhere in this thread, but I just couldn't get through all 278 pages of replies. I tried. :)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

This shouldn't: each event object (topic, birthday, whatever) are computed at his own level, and the core code of the calendar only does the rendering, so if you act at the object driver (here class_calendar_birthday), it will not affect other objects.
vmelarry

Post by vmelarry »

Hello
I'm trying to get TC 122 working, I need to run the install.php script to update the database. I'm getting a "file not found" message from the server when I try to "log in" on the Topic Calendar Installation Tool page.

1) It seems like maybe a permission problem (or missing file!), where can I look for more info on where it is failing, log file or debug mode or something...?

2) Am I supposed to log into this page with my username and passwd as admin of the phpbb, or with my mysql database password?

thanks in advance!
Larry

EDIT: Hey ignore this it just worked all of a sudden!
Slon77

Post by Slon77 »

Please help!
We need so much to have a possibility to give status "weekly" to events (through checkbox or smth like this).
Any ideas how to do this?
InTimo

Post by InTimo »

Hello .. no Idea for my Style URL Problem ??

Please help me ..

Timo
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

InTimo wrote:any Idea for my Problem .. I used http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/4619 Switch Style -> we´ve to Boardsites ..

But where can I define it for the Calendar .. in overall_header I can find the URL and ext it with ?style=2 .. but direct in the Calendar there are the normal Links without the ?style=2
All the links are generated within includes/class_calendar_backport.php, class calendar_class_config, method url().
Rich

Post by Rich »

It appears that this MOD causes an issue with the Medal System MOD. The full error message is as follows:
Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in /home/element/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 683
Line 683 of page_header is:

$user->set();
I've seen other people talking about the same problem. For them, the error message is the same, only the line number is different (no doubt due to other mods that may have altered the file). I haven't found a fix for it yet, but I'm still reading through all the pages of this topic. If anyone knows of a solution, I'd be grateful if you could point me to it.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”