Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)
Author: Ptirhiik
MOD Description: This mod will add a calendar to your board, using topics as event. The authorizations are managed at forums, groups and users level, as the standard phpBB auths.

MOD Version: 1.2.2 (Updated 08/07/06)

Download File: TC122p0.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 85487 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes: Adds a calendar to your board. New calendar events can be added by specifying dates in forum posts. Includes full authentication control.

Edit 2006-08-06: The MOD was updated and we have now fully and thoroughly validated this MOD. -- Fountain of Apples :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Fix to apply on TC 1.2.2:

Code: Select all

#
#---[ OPEN ]---------------
#
includes/class_calendar_api.php
#
#---[ FIND ]-------------
#
		if ( $xdate1['y'] != $xdate2['y'] )
		{
			return $xdate1['y'] > $xdate2['y'] ? $xdate1 : $xdate2;
		}
#
#---[ REPLACE WITH ]-----------
#
		if ( $xdate1['y'] != $xdate2['y'] )
		{
			return $xdate1['y'] > $xdate2['y'];
		}

Other packages:
  • :arrow: "installed" pack: this pack is a full phpBB with the mod already applied to the files.
    If you have troubles during the mod installation, please refer to these files before asking questions like "I can find this line...", "easyMOD can not find that...". This pack can be also used to build quickly a test environment to get familiar with the mod.
Reported issues:
o when using r format, the order of time components is not correctly handled: report
o when g/h are present, the am/pm may be added abusivaly (same topic)

FAQ:
  • "Is there a demo board I can see this mod in action ?"
    There is no "official" demo board, but you can see the categories hierarchy edition in action, which is pretty close regarding the display to this one at the CH demo board,
  • "How can I add a new event ?"
    In "Topic Calendar", the word "topic" appears: this means events are actually handled by topics, so you have to post a new topic to add an event to the calendar,
  • "How can I allow a forum to accept events ?"
    The mod installed a new auth in ACP/Auths menus to allow or restrict the ability to post events,
  • "How can I add repeating events ?"
    This mod doesn't support repeating events in its basic version. It would so require an extra-mod to add them,
  • "Can I make my user birthdays to appear in the calendar ?"
    Yes, if you have a birthday mod. Some birthday date formats are supported: you will find the drivers in the contrib directory of the pack. The supported date formats are MMDDYYYY, YYYYMMDD and DD-MM-YYYY. If your birthday mod doesn't match one of these formats, you will have to write your own driver. To activate a birthday support driver, please read the author's notes in the full installation pack description.
Last edited by Ptirhiik on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:27 am, edited 13 times in total.
pilo

Post by pilo »

i am sorry, but i am a noob and i do not know how to make the mysql entries by hand,

can you help me/tell me how/link to some place to learn how to make the sql entries that are required by this mod

i really appriciate the help
-[]D [] []_ ()
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

pilo wrote: i am sorry, but i am a noob and i do not know how to make the mysql entries by hand,

can you help me/tell me how/link to some place to learn how to make the sql entries that are required by this mod

i really appriciate the help

read these
Defend the game:
Aahz

Post by Aahz »

I just installed topic calendar and on the small calendar at the top of the forum index it lists the dates in the format: "Thu Thu 18 Dec, 2003 12:00 am"

This makes the calendar so long that there's a left-right scroll.

Problem 1: Why is it displaying the day twice?

Problem 2: Why is it displaying the time?

I read elsewhere that the calendar uses the profile date format, but I changed the profile date format and it had no effect.

Also on the full calendar page it's showing the day only once as it should, but it still has the time causing the stretch once again

Thanks in advance for your help!
Aahz

Post by Aahz »

Aahz wrote: I just installed topic calendar and on the small calendar at the top of the forum index it lists the dates in the format: "Thu Thu 18 Dec, 2003 12:00 am"

This makes the calendar so long that there's a left-right scroll.

Problem 1: Why is it displaying the day twice?

Problem 2: Why is it displaying the time?

I read elsewhere that the calendar uses the profile date format, but I changed the profile date format and it had no effect.

Also on the full calendar page it's showing the day only once as it should, but it still has the time causing the stretch once again

Thanks in advance for your help!

Could the "Dates For Humans" MOD be causing this?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

First, don't crosspost between sites : I will not answer to each of your post everywhere : it is a lost of time for you and for me. Then, as already mentioned, the mod use your profile dateformat setting. I do not know nothing about the mod you are mentioning, but as long it doesn't screw this field (use_dateformat / $userdata['user_dateformat']), it isn't involved. Set your date format in your profile.
newyork1

Viewforum - repetitive date displayed

Post by newyork1 »

Excellent script .. Thank you!

Newbie here, so excuse my ignorance.
No cross-posting, so I edited this message and moved it to the following URL:

http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo/viewt ... =8292#8292

Didn't know where to post. Thank you!
Last edited by newyork1 on Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Hedgehog

Post by Dark Hedgehog »

I found a bug on this mod.

When you go to edit your topic, your topic name is deleted and you have to re-enter it, but, it does not delete your topic, you just have to name it again, which get's irritating.

Do you know how to correct this bug?
Aahz

Post by Aahz »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: First, don't crosspost between sites : I will not answer to each of your post everywhere : it is a lost of time for you and for me.

First, I'll post where I damn well please, Ptirhiik. This isn't your board and I didn't address you directly in my post. I've heard your response and it was useless to me. I posted here in hopes that someone else could help.
Then, as already mentioned, the mod use your profile dateformat setting. I do not know nothing about the mod you are mentioning, but as long it doesn't screw this field (use_dateformat / $userdata['user_dateformat']), it isn't involved. Set your date format in your profile.

As I've said three times now, I changed my date format in my profile and it doesn't change it in the calendar. That's the piece of information that you continually ignore and why I'm hoping someone else will come along with some insight.

Thanks anyway, and good night.

Now if anyone else can help me with this problem, I would much appreciate it.

Aahz
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Aahz : I gave you the exact info. Now, if you don't feel in the mood of listening and want to crosspost everywhere, well, the more you'll post, the less you will get support, at least from me. But well, who am I to pretend to know how this mod works ? Oh yes, the author, wups :),

> Dark Hedehog : can you elaborate a little more please ? I can edit as many times I want my topics without loosing anything at all, so it sounds much more like beeing an error in the application of the mod (probably between functions_post.php and posting.php), but I want to be sure of the problem you encounter : can you explain exactly what you are doing to get the topic title (?) lost ?
Aahz

Post by Aahz »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > Aahz : I gave you the exact info. Now, if you don't feel in the mood of listening and want to crosspost everywhere, well, the more you'll post, the less you will get support, at least from me. But well, who am I to pretend to know how this mod works ? Oh yes, the author, wups :),

I'm sure you know how the mod works. However, your info doesn't solve my problem. The problem is obviously not with your mod but with my board.

I didn't "crosspost everywhere". I asked for your help on your forum. When the help you provided didn't solve the problem I went to a different board (this one, at which you happen to be a user, not a mod or admin of any sort) with a whole community of experienced people and asked for their support. So put a check on the egocentric attitude and feel free to ignore my posts on this issue.

-Aahz
Still hoping someone (besides Ptirhiik) can help me solve the problem I have integrating this MOD into my board.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Well, if you identify the problem was not relative to this mod, feel free to not use this topic which is dedicated to the support of this mod, and no other ones, TIA.

(and BTW, yes I rule the World, as I'm the Master of the Universe :twisted: /me rofl )
Aahz

Post by Aahz »

Well, whatdya know. Turns out that my post in this thread led to an email pointing me towards the solution to the double day display (Thu Thu). Even more surprising, the change I needed to make was in the functions_calendar.php file that came along with this mod.

Hrm... Guess it was a good thing I posted here afterall 8)

-Aahz

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”