Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

So you don't want the Forum drop down list at all on the Full Calendar? You can try the following. Find and remove the following line from the calendar_box.tpl file:

Code: Select all

{_calendar_box.S_FORUM_LIST} 
Always make sure you have a good backup before you make any modifications to your files...

:lol:
jane_t

Easy....? Does anyone have the modified files for an idiot?

Post by jane_t »

Hi,

Does anyone have the modified files for a new forum as I've found it very hard to make the changes suggested and it still doesn't work.

I assume there must be a zip file somewhere that doesn't require the whole [COPY] [FIND] thing?

Thanks

Jane
KronikJames

Post by KronikJames »

ok again this could be my fualt yet again for not understanding...in the remind topics 2.1.1 file i got when i unzip it there are three text files...

1. remind_mod_2.1.1
2. RemindTopics2.1.1 addon
3. bonus

now i did not think the bonus one was it(3)
was not sure if the addon or the other file was it, so i tried the remind_mod_2.1.1(#1).

in it there is a section that says...

################################################################################################ 
## Do not forget to run the following commands on your sql database (replace phpbb2_ with your db prefix):
##
## CREATE TABLE phpbb2_forums_remind (
##    forum_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
##    user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
##    remind_status tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
##    remind_calendar int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
##    KEY forum_id (forum_id),
##    KEY user_id (user_id),
##    KEY remind_status (remind_status)
##  )
##
## ALTER TABLE phpbb2_forums 
##    ADD forum_remind TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL
##    AFTER forum_last_post_id
## 
## INSERT INTO `phpbb2_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ( 'remind_forum_list', ''), ('default_remind', '0');
##
## the description is for subsilver theme users, it should work with every theme
## if you are using the files from the package you only have to run the sql command
## 
my thought is that i my be trying to install from the wrong file or something like that....

justa as an fyi i downloaded it directly from the site where it is avail not some alt site.

also still looking for some help making the Topic Calendar pull someones B-Day and make it an event...

thanks! :P
NightriderXP

Re: Easy....? Does anyone have the modified files for an id

Post by NightriderXP »

jane_t wrote: Does anyone have the modified files for a new forum as I've found it very hard to make the changes suggested and it still doesn't work.

I don't know of many MODs that include modified files for a vanilla board. Since very few admins have vanilla boards, then very few people could use the modified files if they were included...

To make this process easy on yourself, simply install and use EasyMod. I would be happy to help you install and learn how to use it if need be. Once you've installed a few MODs using EM, you will gain a lot of confidence in installing these MODs yourself...

EasyMOD v0.2.1a released (for phpBB 2.0.x)

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

KronikJames wrote: ok again this could be my fualt yet again for not understanding...in the remind topics 2.1.1 file i got when i unzip it there are three text files...

1. remind_mod_2.1.1
2. RemindTopics2.1.1 addon
3. bonus

now i did not think the bonus one was it(3)
was not sure if the addon or the other file was it, so i tried the remind_mod_2.1.1(#1).

These are all different MODs that you can install on your board as an addon to the Topic Calendar. You would want to install #1 first, but then you could install #2 & #3 afterwards. Antoon doesn't seem to like to finish his MODs. He leaves the last # EoM off of his MOD files making it so that EasyMod can't finish running them. You can add the # EoM back to the MODs though...

I have found that many of Antoon's MODs are out of date too. I've had to uninstall several of them because they just don't work. Many of his MODs need considerable modification to get them to work too. I've just about given up trying to add them to my board...

:?
beltic

Post by beltic »

NightriderXP wrote: So you don't want the Forum drop down list at all on the Full Calendar? You can try the following. Find and remove the following line from the calendar_box.tpl file:

{_calendar_box.S_FORUM_LIST} 
Always make sure you have a good backup before you make any modifications to your files...

Awsome. Thanks. If I knew more about php, or rather, the time, I would modify this to only show 2 different topics that I want to create (I run a guild site for WOW, and need a calendar for Guild Events/Raids, and another for lower level players to orginize 5 man groups and such..) For now, however, Ill remove the drop down completly.

Again, thanks.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

I briefly looked over the code to see how difficult it would be to modify so that only certain forums would show up in the drop down. I don't think it would be that difficult for someone who understands this a bit better than I do. Maybe someone will volunteer their expertise on this for you...

KronikJames

Post by KronikJames »

ok thanks for the tip, but my problem still happening...i can not install the mod as the sql code i posted does not work...

so i am stuck.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

You need to remove the double pound signs before you can run the query. The SQL query is commented out in your post above. Once you remove the ##, the queries should work without any problem...

KronikJames

Post by KronikJames »

ok thanks for the tip again...just to make sure can you post exactly how it should look? i hate making mistakes on this stuff
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

This should work. If not, be sure to get a copy of the error message to post here:

CREATE TABLE phpbb2_forums_remind (
   forum_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
   user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
   remind_status tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
   remind_calendar int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
   KEY forum_id (forum_id),
   KEY user_id (user_id),
   KEY remind_status (remind_status)
 );

ALTER TABLE phpbb2_forums 
   ADD forum_remind TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL
   AFTER forum_last_post_id;

INSERT INTO `phpbb2_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ( 'remind_forum_list', ''), ('default_remind', '0');
KronikJames

Post by KronikJames »

ok thanks for the help...that did fix the 1st error...i must agree with some of what u said. i tried to process it with em but, i had to go in and manually edit so much it almost easier to do it by hand...i also got the 48 hour/7day added in.

now i went into my forums to see what is going on and how it works...mistake i think installing this...i now get this error:

ERROR

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'jamsec_lodforums.phpbb_forums_remind' doesn't exist

SELECT DISTINCT t.topic_id, t.*, f.*, p.*, fr.forum_id FROM phpbb_topics AS t, phpbb_posts_text AS pt, phpbb_posts AS p, phpbb_forums AS f, phpbb_forums_remind AS fr WHERE (t.topic_calendar_repeat = " " OR t.topic_calendar_repeat = "DD01") AND (t.topic_calendar_time + t.topic_calendar_duration) >= 1123880401 AND (t.topic_calendar_time + t.topic_calendar_duration) < 1124571600 AND t.topic_first_post_id = pt.post_id AND t.topic_first_post_id = p.post_id AND fr.forum_id = f.forum_id AND t.forum_id = f.forum_id ORDER BY t.forum_id ASC

Line : 80
File : remind.php
not sure how to fix this, also not sure in the admin pannel how to set the forums as well. i think instructions with this would have made it better.

at this point i am thinking of uninstall this mod...but i dont know how. so if someone can tell me how to fix the error great, but if not then if someone can tell me how to uninstall this mod. i did use ez mod to install this, just not clear on how to restore using it.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Ok, the first mistake was mine. If you look at the SQL code above, the table names are all wrong. Your table names don't include the number 2 in them. I stripped the pound signs from the queries without looking at the table names. The queries that you need to run are these:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_forums_remind ( 
   forum_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', 
   user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', 
   remind_status tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', 
   remind_calendar int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, 
   KEY forum_id (forum_id), 
   KEY user_id (user_id), 
   KEY remind_status (remind_status) 
 ); 

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums 
   ADD forum_remind TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL 
   AFTER forum_last_post_id; 

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ( 'remind_forum_list', ''), ('default_remind', '0');
I'm actually surprised that you didn't receive error messages for the second two queries. They are trying to alter the structure of two tables that shouldn't be found on your board. That would throw errors on both statements...

It is always good to use EM even if you have to manually adjust the MOD file more than you would like. With EM, it modifies the code on your board accurately and it makes backups of all the modified files. It also maintains a history...

If you are like me and install hundreds of MODs on your board, it is nice to have that history to look at to know what is installed on your board, when it was installed, and what version is installed. Since most of these MODs are regularly being updated, it is nice to be able to look whether your MOD is up to date or not compared to what is available at any given time...

Now, since you used EM to install this MOD, if you decide to uninstall it like you mentioned, you will find a backups folder in the MOD folder that you just installed. The best thing to do is download the entire backups folder to your HDD. When you look at the files in the backups folder, you will notice that each file has an extra .txt extension on them. Strip off the extensions so that the files have the following extensions: php, tpl, cfg, css. Once you have all the files in all the folders returned to their proper file type, you can upload them to your site, overwriting your existing files and your site will be back to what it was before you installed the MOD...

KronikJames

Post by KronikJames »

nice...thanks for the help as always, your fixed worked like a charm...and the explaination on how to restore using ez mod is most helpful.

now if i could just understand this mod, a little more. i go into my admin pannel and it wants me to set the Reminders but i do not understand the instructions which are:

Reminders
List the forum id('s) from which calendar reminders will be sent to NEW users who choose to. Use comma's to separate the more than one id's.
(Meant are "nn" in viewforum.php?f=nn)
some help understanding what it is looking for would be great, i think it means the names of the users from my forums. But i am looking in the profile and see no option to have someone add themselfs, i also added names into the field in the admin pannel but they donot stick. Wish someone would have taken a little more time to develop this.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Yes, the instructions could be better. If this is in the ACP, the author could have allowed you to select each forum rather than asking you to provide the forum numbers...

I'm guessing that it is asking for you to list each forum that will have calendar events posted in them. You can find your forum numbers by looking in your phpbb_forums table in phpMyAdmin. The forum_id field will be in the first column...

If you allow Calendar events in more than one forum, the assignment might look like this:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”