Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

KronikJames

Post by KronikJames »

thanks for the help...i found what you were talking about...instructions would be very nice.

now i am just confused on how i am supposed to select who gets the email and who does not. i know when i go through and sign up for a new account i get the option but other than that i dont see how. you would think that this mod would have a feature in the profiles section to subscribe or not to subscribe. and then to select if you would like 7days or 48hours out.

it almost seems as if someone forgot to finish this.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

I haven't installed the Event Reminder MOD, so I really have no idea how it is supposed to work. I have struggled with several of the other addon MODs by Antoon, which don't install or work correctly on my board. For now, I'm not going to add any more of these TC addons from Antoon until they are either updated or until I am so bored, I have nothing better to do than deal with them...

:?
matrix220

Calender Question

Post by matrix220 »

Hi there,
i was woundering if there is a central area where admins and moderators can add "things" into the calender without creating a topic in the forum?
the reason why i am asking is, my forum is used by my classmates and i would like to post our assignemts and class schedual into the calender without having to write a new topic for each event.

this is realy important to me,
please help :-)

thank you
KronikJames

Post by KronikJames »

from what i can tell basically this sends out an email either 48hours or 7days before an event on the topic calendar. seems easy enough at 1st. there were some basic installation errors but, ez mod made it easy to work through them. now it is just a matter of adding some functionality to it. now that is a completely different story. i made a post on his site regarding this but, the last time i asked for help on his site it was a long time before i got a response and then it was not helpful, so i dont hve much hope for help i fear.

on to my next quetion. now this does not have anything to do with this mod but it is real simple i bet that you nail it right out of the box, NightriderXP.

I installed the display avatar mod, which went just fine. but now on the bottom of my page
http://lordsofdestiny.allhyper.com/phpBB2/index.php
at the bottom the "total users on", "Most users ever on", and "Birthday" fields are now stacked upon each other. This making it look really odd as there is 3/4 of the page blank on the right side of the screen.

What i was wanting was to make those appear in a row instead. now i think i know what to do but, i would reather ask then spend 2 weeks trying to figure it out.

Thanks!
matrix220

Post by matrix220 »

lol so basecly there is no place where i can add things to the calender without writing a topic right?
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

KronikJames wrote: I installed the display avatar mod, which went just fine. but now on the bottom of my page
http://lordsofdestiny.allhyper.com/phpBB2/index.php
at the bottom the "total users on", "Most users ever on", and "Birthday" fields are now stacked upon each other. This making it look really odd as there is 3/4 of the page blank on the right side of the screen.

What i was wanting was to make those appear in a row instead. now i think i know what to do but, i would reather ask then spend 2 weeks trying to figure it out.

Thanks!

Send me a text link to your templates/subBlack/index_body.tpl file in PM and I will look at it. This is the result of a mistake in the installation. Let's not clutter the Topic Calendar MOD topic with a discussion for other non-related MODs...

:lol:
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

matrix220 wrote: lol so basecly there is no place where i can add things to the calender without writing a topic right?

The Topic Calendar is tightly tied to the Topics table. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to manually add records to the to Topics table without assigning them to any forum and add your events in the Posts and Posts Text tables. That is a wild guess and may be totally wrong though. The answer to your question is that there is probably no easy way to do what you are asking...

:?
matrix220

Post by matrix220 »

hmmm. ok thanks thou
Steve F

Post by Steve F »

matrix220,

I found I can create a forum and mark it as:

View: Private
Read: Reg
Reply: Private
Edit: Private
Delete: Private
Calendar: Reg
Sticky: Admin
Announce: Admin
Vote: Admin
Poll Create: Admin

The forum doesn't display but the calendar subject lines show up in the calendar view. You can't see the message body though unless the forum itself is marked View: Reg.
Moloc

Post by Moloc »

I've got a problem with profile_options.php, or it has a problem with me.

I get this message as I tries to go to the preferences page.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mods_settings_get_lang() in /customers/moloc.se/moloc.se/httpd.www/profile_options.php on line 373

I've tried to get what that line does, but I don't get it. When I comment it out I don't get an error but also no preference page.

I have manually installed
  • admin_userlist_202
  • CashMod222
  • favorites-104
  • mark_pms_unread_version_1-0-7
  • mod-topic_calendar-101
  • remove_COPPA_1_0_3
  • watched_topics_list_1.1.0
  • No increase on multiple view
simulationcity

Post by simulationcity »

I give it a good. It looks very organized and is easy to use. I like that.
huntnbuds

Blocking out days?

Post by huntnbuds »

Hi there,

We are using the topic calendar to schedule a limited number of events on our club properties. In a perfect world, we would like to be able to restrict scheduling entries to a limited number of days each month, for each property (we have 40 properties and thus 40 topics).

Is it possible to either:

1) highlight certain days on the calendar in which our members are allowed to schedule

or (even better)

2) Restrict various days from scheduling any events at all?

or (home run)

3) Only allow certain days to receive scheduling entries AND limit the number of entries to, say, no more than 6 per day?
marksalehouse

Post by marksalehouse »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Just set your forum auths to allow to post event in forums, go to these forums, create a new topic : you will see at the footer the dates to input.

This is brilliant! The answer to my question!

:oops: Errr.......... One of them that is.

Q2. I have had hints here that other mods can be applied to work with this calendar. Is there a definitive list somewhere?

Q3. Shouldn't there be an "idiot's guide" for the calendar to help newbies? You know, a sort of FAQ?

Mark
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

marksalehouse wrote: Q2. I have had hints here that other mods can be applied to work with this calendar. Is there a definitive list somewhere?

You might want to consider installing the Repeating Events MOD add-on. I have it installed and it sure makes it handy so that I don't have to add the Holidays to my calendar every year...

Repeating events - Birthdays and (much) More!

I've had trouble installing some of those other Topic Calendar addons at that site, so make sure you have good backups before you install anything. Better yet, use EasyMod to install everything...
marksalehouse wrote: Q3. Shouldn't there be an "idiot's guide" for the calendar to help newbies? You know, a sort of FAQ?

Good idea. Perhaps someone who has installed and uses the Topic Calendar will create a Topic Calendar for Dummies guide and post it here for the benefit of everyone else. That would be a nice payback for the benefits that they received from this MOD and it's author...

:lol:
marksalehouse

Post by marksalehouse »

NightriderXP wrote: You might want to consider installing the Repeating Events MOD add-on. I have it installed and it sure makes it handy so that I don't have to add the Holidays to my calendar every year...

Repeating events - Birthdays and (much) More!

Now that is one mod I had been thinking about. It would be useful for for once-a-month events like committee meetings. I shall certainly check out the link.

Once again you have come up trumps (and quickly). My thanks again, NightriderXP.

:D

Mark

UPDATE:

:roll: :roll: Read the posts and went to the download. Had to register & confirm. Got back in and the site is well down. Guess I just have to be patient!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”