Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

smarty

Re: Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

Post by smarty » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:07 pm

is there a navigation by week view from the monthly calendar view?
and then the weekly view shows a listing of all the events by days of that week vertically down the page without the event title trimmed?

so basically like Calendar Pro?
http://www.snailsource.com/forum/cal_view_month.php

Can Topic Calendar do this or is there some mod for it?
I'm hesitant in purchasing Calendar Pro since I'm not sure they still support it.

hep

Post by hep » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:51 am

Theres a function called - function retrieve_item($event_id)

How is the $event_id array found? I wish to change the sql for this so it grabs an extra field or two to customise the calendar display but seem to be pulling my hair out with his one. Anyone able to assist with this one?

smarty

Post by smarty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:21 pm

anyone can answer my question? i need to make a decision whether to use this topic calendar or purchase calendar pro...thanks

LordNolak

Post by LordNolak » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:01 am

Ok, n00b using phpBB latest stable release with Birthday mod installed. Installed calendar fine (had to remove install_cal folder because I got an internal error because it was "777"). Fixed that and it installed clean. Board works fine, clicked on Calendar button and I get this:

General Error

Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_cal' in 'field list'

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_cal, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 2 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id

Line : 192
File : auth.php

Someone please help. Thank you. (detailed explaination please, I'm new at phpBB)

-=::Frank::=-

smarty

Post by smarty » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:02 am

two simple questions, i just installed this and everything seems to work on except two minor issues:
1. the event description has bars around the title...like Event from |Thurs Apr 12, 2007 | 6:00 pm
how do I remove these bars? I've dug through all the files and can't seem to find where the bars are defined

2. when specifying time, it asks for Duration, but on the demo instead of Duration, it asks for End Date.
How do we get end date as a choice? Or both duration and end date

thanks

smarty

Post by smarty » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:32 pm

also was a mod for repeating events on topic calendar 1.2.2 ever developed? i'm leaning towards going back to topic calendar 1.0.1 it seems like this version 1.2.2 is hard to modify and i don't see the key advantages over version 1.0.1

LordNolak

Post by LordNolak » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:54 pm

*BUMP*

Is there anyone out there that can help me with my SQL error? I'm getting no response from here or Area51. :(

-=::frank::=-

P-40

Post by P-40 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:35 pm

I installed a clean install of the board and then installed the attachment mod. I then downloaded the calendar mod and I have been reading the instructions on that, the instructions said it needed to be installed on a clean install.

Can it be installed on the board after the attachment mod has been installed?

And if so, is there anything to watch out for so the attachment mod doesn’t get screwed up?

Thanks!

TroyWolf

Post by TroyWolf » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:37 am

LordNolak wrote: General Error
Failed obtaining forum access control lists
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_cal' in 'field list'
SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_cal, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 2 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id
Line : 192
File : auth.php

That error leads me to believe that your install did not go as smoothly as you thought. It sounds like the database mods did not run or did not run successfully. Part of the install involves running SQL statements against your database to alter the tables. The auth_cal column should have been added to your phpbb_auth_access table.

By the way, I've been running phpBB forums for a couple of years, but have not done much modding. Today, I installed EasyMOD. Then I used it to install Topic Calendar and Delete User. All 3 installs went very smooth.

TroyWolf

Topic Calendar for Olympus (phpBB3)?

Post by TroyWolf » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:52 am

Ptirhiik,

I installed Topic Calendar via EasyMOD today. VERY nice. I compared feature lists and screenshots between your Topic Calendar and the other popular Calendar mod. Yours works exactly like I wanted this feature to work. I especially like how the Event date/time appears with the Topic title in the list of topics. The popup DIV on event mouseover is slick--very professional looking. Really good work, Ptirhiik.

By the way, if any of you want to see a demo of this mod, you can visit my forum at http://www.RideForum.NET and click Calendar in the top menu. The other user-visible part of this mod is that when you are creating a new post, you have "Event" date, time, duration fields. If those fields contain data, when the topic is posted a calendar event is created that links back to the topic--very nice. In the Admin CP, you can control which forums allow Events to be created. You can also control which level of users can create events.

Do you have a link or button somewhere people can use to donate money to you?

I just took a look at the Attachment MOD, and the install requirements/procedures are more than I want to bear. Perhaps if I had started with that mod, but I've applied a few mods and lots of my own little PHP hacks to v2.0.22. In addition, it appears that Attachment MOD is only good up to 2.0.21.....

I bring this up because....now I'm waiting for phpBB3 (Olympus) which features built-in file attachment support. However, will I be able to use my beloved Topic Calendar? I assume it requires a new version from you to be compatible. Do you have plans to support phpBB3 with Topic Calendar?

TroyWolf

Post by TroyWolf » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:56 am

P-40 wrote: I installed a clean install of the board and then installed the attachment mod. I then downloaded the calendar mod and I have been reading the instructions on that, the instructions said it needed to be installed on a clean install.

Can it be installed on the board after the attachment mod has been installed?

And if so, is there anything to watch out for so the attachment mod doesn’t get screwed up?

Thanks!

I would have the same question you have, and I don't have the answer, but if I were you, I'd create a copy of your forum (files and database) and just test it on the copy. If all looks good, then apply the same way to your production forum. If you need specific help to copy your forum to a test copy, let me know.

TroyWolf

Post by TroyWolf » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:12 am

hep wrote: Theres a function called - function retrieve_item($event_id)

How is the $event_id array found? I wish to change the sql for this so it grabs an extra field or two to customise the calendar display but seem to be pulling my hair out with his one. Anyone able to assist with this one?

You've probably found your answer by now, but just in case....I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I did a 'grep' for all the SQL select statements within the calendar php scripts in the 'includes' directory. I found these hits. I assume the statement you want to modify will be one of these.

[includes]# grep "SELECT " *calendar*.php
class_calendar_birthday_parse.php: $sql = 'SELECT *
class_calendar_topics_parse.php: $sql = 'SELECT f.*, c.cat_title
class_calendar_topics.php: $sql = 'SELECT t.*
class_calendar_topics.php: $sql = 'SELECT p.*, pt.bbcode_uid, pt.post_text, u.user_id, u.username
[

bisonspo

Post by bisonspo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:48 pm

Does anyone have a demo link available to their board with this mod working?
Thanks

urksaddy

Post by urksaddy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:54 am

This is a great mod. Thanks for all of your efforts.

1. The calendar javascript or dhtml link w/ the arrow. In my profile settings, any number greater than 2 for the field " Number of cells to display on the board header (0 for no display)" makes the pulldown view start with Monday. A setting of 1 or 2 starts w/ the current day (Tuesday for me right now). Why is this? Is there a way for me to make that number "7" and have the view start on the current day instead of the display defaulting to Monday?

2. Is there a way to change the mouseover so that the text/graphic popup of the calendar event is centered on the screen? For example, right now Monday is on the far left so the popup is on the far left of the screen. Sunday is on the far right so the popup is on the far right of the screen. I'd like it center screen no matter which event I am looking at. Can that be done?

3. On days with multiple events, it would be nice for a < br > to be inserted at the end of each event. Otherwise, the event topics seem to run together. How can I accomplish this?

Yes, I'm nitpicking, but for me, this would make an incredible piece of work 100% perfect.

Thanks for any and all consideration...

livicrew

Post by livicrew » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:19 pm

I have just installed the Calendar into my already heavily modded forums.

It was a painless task.

Thanks for the great MOD

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”