Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

livicrew

Re: Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

Post by livicrew » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:24 pm

bisonspo wrote: Does anyone have a demo link available to their board with this mod working?
Thanks

Here is my Calendar
http://www.digitalbenidorm.com/forum/cal_lite.php

Peter

Rainbowlaces

Post by Rainbowlaces » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:56 am

Ok, so I have installed this a 2nd time, but unfortunately I have made a mistake somewhere. The calendar works, but 1) up at the top next to Faq, Login, etc. There is no text saying "Calendar." & 2) When I am in the calendar there is no text on the buttons between the arrows (to add or validate events - I think).

So, forgive me for not scrolling through all the posts, but can someone direct me to the answer? I'd be most appreciative!

THANK YOU!

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:45 pm

Rainbowlaces wrote: Ok, so I have installed this a 2nd time, but unfortunately I have made a mistake somewhere. The calendar works, but 1) up at the top next to Faq, Login, etc. There is no text saying "Calendar." & 2) When I am in the calendar there is no text on the buttons between the arrows (to add or validate events - I think).

So, forgive me for not scrolling through all the posts, but can someone direct me to the answer? I'd be most appreciative!

THANK YOU!

You need to make your changes to your language files. If you did that, you didn't upload them to your server yet. Good luck!
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

Jackanape

Post by Jackanape » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:58 pm

I'm running into a serious problem here:

I had a precurser to this problem earlier in the month, as outlined in THIS POST, and I thought I had solved it, as you can see in the post directly following that one. Clearly, this is not a permanent solution, because:

I'm running into the same problem, this time with my upcoming months' calendar pages. When I attempt to access May's or even June's calendar, I get this:
Strangely enough this is EXACTLY how the Scheduler Looked before I marked out that line of code. Now, I'm thinking this has something to do with another mod, perhaps, but I haven't installed anything new recently.
As you can see, the info is there, and it's in the source code, if I take a peek, but it is invisible on the page.
It was working just fine last week...

This works on my local easyPHP testing server, but not on my live server...I recently uploaded all my backup files to my live install, and it still doesn't want to work for me...

Any ideas are welcome...
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit

Rainbowlaces

Post by Rainbowlaces » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Jackanape wrote: You need to make your changes to your language files. If you did that, you didn't upload them to your server yet. Good luck!

I will double check that. Thanks!

Rainbowlaces

Post by Rainbowlaces » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Rainbowlaces wrote: Ok, so I have installed this a 2nd time, but unfortunately I have made a mistake somewhere. The calendar works, but 1) up at the top next to Faq, Login, etc. There is no text saying "Calendar." & 2) When I am in the calendar there is no text on the buttons between the arrows (to add or validate events - I think).

THANK YOU!

Ok, so I got it to say "Calendar" at the top, but where can I put the text on the buttons?

Thanks again!

hunkychop

Post by hunkychop » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 pm

i just installed the mod in my forum and i get this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in W:\www\tickets2\redirect\includes\page_header.php on line 492
thanks for any help!

MODS CAN DELETE THIS POST> I GOT THE ANSWER
--------------
life is burritofull

Wingzfan

Post by Wingzfan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:13 pm

livicrew wrote:
bisonspo wrote: Does anyone have a demo link available to their board with this mod working?
Thanks

Here is my Calendar
http://www.digitalbenidorm.com/forum/cal_lite.php

Peter

Thats a different Calendar than the Topic Calendar. I think he wants a demo of the topic calendar. Ive got one here

http://www.tiger360live.com/forums/index.php

Click the link titled "This Weeks Events" for the weekly calendar or click the Calendar link on the left for the full calendar.

Jackanape

Post by Jackanape » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:53 pm

Has anyone run into the same problem as I have above? Or, does anyone have any idea as to how to get this fixed?? I'm at a loss.

grees

Post by grees » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Apologies if this has been addressed before (search is not isolating the exact file name I have a question about).

EDIT *snip*

I worked through the install, putting the "mod settings" files in 2 locations, just in case, and running the install.php file after getting all the files updated.

Very nice mod... terrible documentation. I do appreciate the effort and all the post-dev support on this mod, but really, a simple statement about where to put the contrib files and when to run "install.php" is sorely needed in the installation instructions. :roll:

The question I don't need an answer to, for future ref...

The birthday drivers are addressed in the installation text, but are still a bit confusing to me, and the file in the "mods_settings" folder is not addressed at all.

1) For the birthday drivers I'm confused by the use of the contrib folder. For previous mods it's been very clear to delete the contrib folder after installation. But that always involved running a php script that relied on contents uploaded to a (temp) contrib folder. In this case the instructions don't seem to require running a script, just modifying the class_calendar_birthday.php file before placing it in the includes folder. Just need to know if I'm missing anything or if it's as simple as modifying the class_calendar_birthday.php file and putting it into the includes folder.

2) What am I supposed to do with the "mod_calendar.php" file. Run it? Again, that file is not addressed in the installation file at all.

TIA for any advice and help... cheers!!

broodle

Post by broodle » Fri May 04, 2007 6:43 pm

Can this mod notify everyone in a certain group when a Calendar event has been posted through email?

et10yl

Post by et10yl » Wed May 09, 2007 12:11 am

Does anyone know what the {CALENDAR} in posting_body.tpl calls to? I had the calendar working perfectly, and then I added the Attachment Mod, which works perfectly, but now, the area to set the details for an event is gone from the posting screen. Everything else in the calendar works just fine, except for the missing event details on the posting screen.... Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Jackanape

Post by Jackanape » Thu May 10, 2007 4:50 am

My posting_body.tpl has:

{ATTACHBOX}
	{CALENDAR_FORM}
and works fine. Try CALENDAR_FORM...

ferra1980

Topic Calendar and MKportal

Post by ferra1980 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi, I have just installed topic calendar mod but I have a problem, if the forum is integrated with MKportal the calendar doesn't appears, but if I turn off the integration i can see the calendar page. Can you help me please? I want to show calendar integrated with mkportal..

et10yl

Post by et10yl » Thu May 10, 2007 5:08 pm

Yeah, I have that. Sorry, in my haste I typed out {CALENDAR}, but here's what's in my posting_body.tpl:

</tr>
	{CALENDAR_FORM}
	{ATTACHBOX}
	{POLLBOX} 
	<tr> 
Still trying to work out why the calendar form has disappeared...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”