[2.0.19] Forum Icon with ACP Control

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
23%
Good
10%
Fair
3%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 60

crustybum

Post by crustybum »

Does anyone have a "working " demo of this mod?

Chris

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

have you looked through the posts, i am sure there is at least one of them working!

I have the mod installed on my board but have not yet been able to decide on the icons... so its empty for now.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Freitag

Post by Freitag »

crustybum wrote: Does anyone have a "working " demo of this mod?

Chris

On page 12: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 88#1643488

and then on page 28: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 26#2655826

The Bride

Post by The Bride »

Can someone help me with this? Everything seemed to be going ok, but I'm gettng this error on my ACP (which has vanished)
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/itsinmyw/public_html/discussion/admin/admin_forums.php on line 430

This is the code it relates to as far as I know, but I just can't find what's wrong:
// There is no problem having duplicate forum names so we won't check for it.
$sql = "INSERT INTO " . FORUMS_TABLE . " (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, forum_icon, prune_enable, sponsor" . $field_sql . ")
VALUES ('" . $next_id . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumname']) . "', " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS[POST_CAT_URL]) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumdesc']) . "', $next_order, " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['forumstatus']) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumicon']) . "'
. intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable'])
. ", '" . str_replace("quote", "quote:1", str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['sponsor']) ) . "'"

. $value_sql . ")";

Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Bride, please use the
[ code ] [ /code ]
tags instead of the [ quote] [ /quote] tags in the second part of your post.

At present it looks like there might be an extra carriage return, but the quote tag messes up the spacing.

The Bride

Post by The Bride »

Oops, sorry, didn't realise that. Thanks Freitag. Here it is again.

Code: Select all

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . FORUMS_TABLE . " (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, forum_icon, prune_enable, sponsor" . $field_sql . ")
            VALUES ('" . $next_id . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumname']) . "', " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS[POST_CAT_URL]) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumdesc']) . "', $next_order, " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['forumstatus']) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumicon']) . "'
 . ", '" . str_replace("quote", "quote:1", str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['sponsor']) ) . "'"

. $value_sql . ")";
I GOT IT!!! :D
Jeesh but that was hard. :roll:

The Bride

Post by The Bride »

Can this icon be displayed in the index?

Lektor

Post by Lektor »

Hello all.
So, I have installed 2.0.19] Forum Icon with ACP Control MOD today.
But I have a trouble.

There is a little incompatibility with Simple Subforums
The trouble is in that the icons doesn't display in that forums which have sub forums.. they have just:
templates/vizion_x/images/off.gif

instead of the picture I set in admin panel ..

I think some changes in the index.php can set my problem up...
But I don't know for sure. . Would you help me ...]

Dragen

Post by Dragen »

Lektor wrote: There is a little incompatibility with Simple Subforums

Hi Lektor. I'm not sure what your problem could be because I have both simple sub-forums and the forum icons MOD's installed and they work fine together for me.
You can see here: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/ ... rumicn.gif
I was gonna put the image in my post, but it was quite large.

Prehaps you done something wrong during the installation of one of the mods?

Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Dragen wrote:
Lektor wrote:There is a little incompatibility with Simple Subforums

Hi Lektor. I'm not sure what your problem could be because I have both simple sub-forums and the forum icons MOD's installed and they work fine together for me.
You can see here: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/ ... rumicn.gif
I was gonna put the image in my post, but it was quite large.

Prehaps you done something wrong during the installation of one of the mods?

It may also depend on which MOD you installed first. On the board that I help support, the sub-fourms were placed first and the Icon MOD only needed tweaking inside the sub-forums.
No clever .sig here

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

The Bride wrote:

. $value_sql . ")";

I think it should be

VALUES ('" . $next_id . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumname']) . "', " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS[POST_CAT_URL]) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumdesc']) . "', $next_order, " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['forumstatus']) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumicon']) . "', '" . str_replace("quote", "quote:1", str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['sponsor']) ) . "', " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) . $value_sql . ")";
Also, the problem is with the Sponsor MOD, not this one.

~Mac

number 3

Re: [2.0.19] Forum Icon with ACP Control

Post by number 3 »

Installed this mod, thanks, works great, good instructions...

Question... I want the images to link to the applicable forum. Anyway to link the images?, maybe i missed something in the mod. i want the user to be able to click the image and go to the forum

Thanks Please advise

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

number 3 wrote: Question... I want the images to link to the applicable forum. Anyway to link the images?, maybe i missed something in the mod. i want the user to be able to click the image and go to the forum

The MOD should work that way, this is the code for templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl

<tr><td><a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" class="forumlink">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_ICON_IMG}</a></td>
As you can see the image is within the <a> tag

~Mac

number 3

Post by number 3 »

Thans for the responce mac, i rechecked all the modifications on the file you mentioned and still no luck. Everything is working fine but the icons still dont link to the forum. Its weird, i suspect i messed up another part of the code somewhere

number 3

Post by number 3 »

Problem solved, thanks for the help

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”