[2.0.17] BBCodes & smilies enhancement

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
24%
Good
5%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 21

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.17] BBCodes & smilies enhancement

Post by Extensions Robot » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:38 pm

MOD Name: BBCodes & smilies enhancement
Author: -=ET=-
MOD Description: This MOD lets you insert BBCodes & smilies where you want, select 2 times the same font size, it provides a useful interface for urls, keeps your animated smilies animated, and so on...

MOD Version: 1.2.2 (Updated 07/24/05)

Download File: BBCodes-smilies_enhancement_1.2.2em.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 17806 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Wed May 26, 2004 11:53 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Improves the posting screen by making it so the different BBcodes and Smilies work better when you are creating the message.

JJMan

Re: [2.0.8] BBCodes & smilies use enhancement

Post by JJMan » Thu May 27, 2004 2:08 am

This MOD lets you insert BBCodes & smilies where you want

Oh so nice! The others aren't bad either.

odie3

Post by odie3 » Thu May 27, 2004 5:08 am

So why does the Cancel button for the URL not "Cancel" the operation and close the URL box? Did I do something incorrect?

bernard_somasimple

Post by bernard_somasimple » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:39 pm

Hello,

There is a little problem in the installation file if the Multiple BBCode is already installed => fails to find the string!

but works fine!

bernard_somasimple

Post by bernard_somasimple » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:39 pm

Hello,

There is a little problem in the installation file if the Multiple BBCode is already installed => fails to find the string!

but works fine!

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:37 pm

FYI, this MOD is a 11 in 1...

It includes 2 fixs to prevent BBCode data corruption...
  • Image Image Image ImageImage Fix the display of the BBCodes [ code ] & [ list ] in user's signature when viewed in the ACP > User Admin > Management...
    As you can see, some technical codes are not removed so if you submit the profile with BBCodes written like this you will corrupt them
  • Image Image Image ImageImage Fix the display of all the BBCodes when the signature length control has failed in the ACP > User Admin > Management...
    As you can see, the uid codes are not removed so if you submit the profile with BBCodes written like this you will corrupt them
...5 fixs browser related...
  • Image Image Image Image Fix the possibility to click anywhere in your text to select a position, and insert BBCodes at this position. With the last version of phpBB it's impossible, the BBCodes are added at the end of the text (except if you previously select the text).
    Warning: unfortunalty this fix doesn't work with Opera as this browser doesn't support any JS function which may allow this feature!
  • Image Image Image Fix the possibility to click anywhere in your text to select a position, and insert smilies at this position. With the last version of phpBB it's impossible with any browser but IE, the smilies are added at the end of the text.
    Warning: unfortunalty this fix doesn't work with Opera as this browser doesn't support any JS function which may allow this feature!
  • Image Image Image Fix the fact that when a BBCode or a smilie is inserted in a long post (with more lines than the text box high), the cursor jumps to the top of the post. This fix doesn't concern IE & Opera as this issue doesn't exist on these browsers
  • Image Fix the fact that animated smilies stop to be animated when we click on a smilie to select it. This fix concern only IE as this issue doesn't exist on other browsers
  • Image Fix the fact that when you highlight some text, then clic on the highlighted text and want to add a smilie, the smilie is added at the top left of the page and not in the text box
    This fix concern only IE as this issue doesn't exist on other browsers
...1 fix on a BBCode use...
  • Image Image Image ImageImage Fix the fact that unlike for "Font colour", with the last version of phpBB it's impossible to select twice the same font size. Indeed if you select a font size the font size list stays on this value; so if you want to select the same value a second time it doesn't work as you need to change the value to add a BBCode
...and the following enhancements...
  • Image Image Image ImageImage Change for a more suitable "Font colour" list background color. Indeed, the MOD replace the one used by default (maily used for buttons, [ quote ] and [ code ] backgrounds) by one of the two colors used for post backgrounds. Like this it gives a better preview of the text color you want to choose on the right background, as it will really be displayed
    Note: this enhancement works for Opera, but unfortunatly I still have no solution to fix the list values font color display
  • Image Image Image ImageImage Add a useful interface to easily fill in your urls (with or without a title)...
  • Image Image Image ImageImage Add the possibility to give a title to an email link, pre-define a subject and set a secondary adressee...

Code: Select all

[email=name@domain.tld]link_name[/email] 
    [email=name@domain.tld?subject]link_name[/email] 
    [email=name@domain.tld+cc@domain.tld]link_name[/email] 
    [email=name@domain.tld+cc@domain.tld?subject]link_name[/email]
Other browsers such as Image Konqueror or Image Safari have not been tested.

Enjoy! :D
Last edited by -=ET=- on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:33 am, edited 8 times in total.
Eternal newbie

VodkaShot

Post by VodkaShot » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:20 am

I installed this mod, but I have a problem with URL entering interface. If I press cancel it throws me an error message saying that I didn't entered any URL and any label for URL. Can I get rid of this?
Also, I want to be able to enter URL only, without lablel. Well, I can't do it since it gives me error meesage that I didn't enter the label for URL.
I suggest getting rid of error message screen after pressing cancel and automaticaly putting the url as a label if no lebel is entered.

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:00 pm

The last release of this MOD (1.1.0) is phpBB 2.0.10 compliant! :D

Note: I'll ask the phpBB MOD team to ensure that the last release this MOD is in the MOD queue for validation. If not, it's an oversight and I'll submit it soon.
Eternal newbie

VodkaShot

Post by VodkaShot » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:51 pm

So, any feedback on the questions above?

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:45 pm

I don't really understand what you want as if you don't want to put any label just write your url in the text without using the [URL] button.
phpBB will automatically recognize it and act exactly as if you've included it in an url BBcode, so... :?
Eternal newbie

VodkaShot

Post by VodkaShot » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:50 pm

-=ET=- wrote: I don't really understand what you want as if you don't want to put any label just write your url in the text without using the [URL] button.
phpBB will automatically recognize it and act exactly as if you've included it in an url BBcode, so... :?

That would be my second wish because some users may not be aware of that feature and try to use url button anyway.
But more importantly, you need to get rid of that error window which appears after pressing the cancel button.

electronikus

Post by electronikus » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:08 pm

This mod is truly excellent! Works perfectly.

Anyway, I have a question and I hope somebody of you can help me: what would I have to do to duplicate a button (for example the URL button)? I want to add a button because I would like to use it for a pre-defined URL where the user only pastes his/her ID (a 6 digit number).

The URL button would be perfectly for it but actually don't know which parts of the code I have to copy and what I have to change and add as I noticed the buttons have some kind of numbers attached to them. Hope someone can help me with this probably simply task.

I thought it might be the right post to ask because I installed the mod and the code would look different if I ask somewhere else, so the only help I can probably get is here.

Thank you.

electronikus

Post by electronikus » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:50 pm

Can somebody help?

electronikus

Post by electronikus » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:08 am

Bump, help anyone?

:( :( :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”