MOD Validation Status

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
spooky2280

Post by spooky2280 »

wGEric wrote: We have done an awesome job on validating MODs in the queue.

Are the MODs titles in the queue published somewhere on phpbb.com or do you keep it private? Making the queue somewhat public would be good.
Last edited by spooky2280 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant »

spooky2280 wrote:
wGEric wrote:We have done an awesome job on validating MODs in the queue.

Are the MODs titles in the queue published somewhere on phpbb.com or do you keep it private? Making the queue somewhat public would be good.

I agree with that :)

Vic
midd.ag • DTP, web development & printing
http://www.midd.ag

smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Vic D'Elfant wrote:
spooky2280 wrote:
wGEric wrote:We have done an awesome job on validating MODs in the queue.

I agree with that :)

Vic

It's private for a reason

spooky2280

Post by spooky2280 »

Whatever the reason is, why not giving an ID to a MOD upon submission and publishing the queue as just a list of these IDs? There is no harm in that and MOD authors would be able to monitor the validation status of their MOD and to see its position in the queue, being the only ones to know their ID.

Christian
Last edited by spooky2280 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

But then think of the angry mob of MOD Authors that would arise if they saw that nothing was happening on their MOD!!!

Just trust the MOD team, they've got enough to do already besides updating the website.

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

Aiencran wrote:
wGEric wrote:Its only been 7 days. Please wait atleast a Month. It is there though.

It was released, thanks heavens!

Mine got released in 7 days...then of course, it WAS a small MOD.

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

In the near future you might be able to see which MODs (all of them) you have submitted and what the MODs current status is (New, Denied, Approved). You won't be able to see what anyone else has submitted though.
Eric

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

Probably in the improved MOD Database that will come out when phpBB 2.2 is released...

wGEric
Former Team Member

Post by wGEric »

Fountain of Apples wrote: Probably in the improved MOD Database that will come out when phpBB 2.2 is released...

It should be here before 2.2 is released.
Eric

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

Then that must mean that 2.2 won't be released for a long time... :-(

wGEric
Former Team Member

Post by wGEric »

Fountain of Apples wrote: Then that must mean that 2.2 won't be released for a long time... :-(

Please stop reading between the lines. This 'update' I finished a while back (near a month ago). Just waiting for the chance to get it on the site.
Eric

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

Oh, then, so would it be a matter of days or weeks?

Kleopatra

Post by Kleopatra »

Fountain of Apples wrote: Oh, then, so would it be a matter of days or weeks?
It will be released, if it's finished. That's life.

The new phpBB will be the best you ever seen before. So many features are new and will/should be tested. All should be stable and secure, not buggy.

Maybe we will get a present on xmas or on new year or on eastern or ... Whatever, it will be relased and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Kleo

LrdSatyr8

Post by LrdSatyr8 »

Is there a common format for the file names and extensions of the mode files... for example... if you've got a mod do you save it as MYMOD.MOD or MYMOD.TXT? and should they have version numbers as well? I didn't find anything in the tutorial about file name formats.
Check out DavisWorks at http://davisworks.net

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

.mod or .txt--doesn't matter. Both are edited from a text editor, etc. However, only .mod and .zip files can be submitted to the MODs Database, so if you have no included files for your MOD, you might want to save it as a .mod file so that you don't have to zip it.

Yes, MODs have version numbers. They need to be placed in both the top and the MOD history. The tutorial explains how to label your version numbers, but here is an overview:

Version numbers are written as x.y.z.
X changes when you perform a complete overhaul (or something close to it) to the code.
Y changes when you make a major change to some code, or add a new feature, etc.
Z changes when you make a minor code adjustment, or a bunch of REALLY minor adjustments.
If you make a really, really minor adjustment (like to update info, or fix a small bug), you add a lowercase letter to the end of the version number, starting with a, all the way to z. After that you go aa to zz, and on and on.

For example, say I'm working on my MOD, Add Forum Index Link to Overall Header. If I completely redo the code while the MOD is at 1.3.6, it is now at 2.0.0.

If I revise a part of the code or add a new feature and the MOD is at 1.3.6, it is now at 1.4.0.

If I make a minor adjustment to a part of the code and the MOD is at 1.3.6, it is now at 1.3.7.

If I make a really, really minor adjustment to the code and the MOD is at 1.3.6, it is now at 1.3.6a. If I make a really, really minor adjustment to the code and the MOD is at 1.3.6b, it is now at 1.3.6c.

Hope that helps ya out.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”