Email Digests

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
21%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 82

jkos

Re: Email Digests

Post by jkos »

Mark, thanks for the help. I checked my settings and I was already set to GMT -4. I changed my deliver time, just to try anyway and I got this message:
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 246
File : digest_emailer.php
Maybe this is a different problem? I did see this message once before but discounted it because I couldn't reproduce it.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Jeff
abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 »

MarkDHamill wrote:That is all possible in 1.0.17. However, you cannot force a user to get ONLY a weekly digest. They can always come and change their digest settings and set it to daily. You can periodically go and reset it through the ACP to make them weekly again.
thts fine , daily is even better than weekly ;)
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

jkos wrote:Mark, thanks for the help. I checked my settings and I was already set to GMT -4. I changed my deliver time, just to try anyway and I got this message:
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 246
File : digest_emailer.php
Maybe this is a different problem? I did see this message once before but discounted it because I couldn't reproduce it.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Jeff
Hmm, that's the first time I've ever seen a problem with that program, which is a clone program.

My guessing is either you have never sent out email before from your board, and you have to set the appropriate settings in the ACP (sendmail vs. SMTP) or you have a mod conflict. I assume you are running phpBB 2.0.x.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. eBook and paper versions available.
jkos

Post by jkos »

Man, thanks for the quick replies.
I am running 2.0.22.
I have sent out email before, but don't use the SMTP server ( I use a gmail address). Do I need to use the board's smtp server (ie, admin@myboard.com)?

Mod-conflicts - I only have a couple of mods installed. I have the SkypeMOD, EasyMOD, and RSS_Content_Syndicator.

Just for reference, it appears that the first time I reset the delivery time and run mail_digests.php I get the above error. If I run it again, within the same delivery time window, I get the "0 digests were emailed" message.

Thanks again for the help!
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Sounds like your problem healed itself. Now you need to tweak your profile and digest settings to send yourself a digest.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. eBook and paper versions available.
MarkDHamill

Announcing Digests Version 1.0.18

Post by MarkDHamill »

This version fixes minor bugs requested by the phpBB Mod team, who thankfully finally got around to reviewing the mod. (Not to complain, but they were reviewing 1.0.13, in their queue for over a year!) Hopefully this version will be approved and posted on the phpBB site.

Summary of changes:

- All bugs reported in the bug log for version 1.0.17 are fixed in this archive.
- French translation is now is a translations folder
- digest_tables.php
-- phpbb_digest_settings table will show version 1.0.18
-- ENGINE, DEFAULT, CHARSET and AUTOINCREMENT verbs removed from SQL since these were not MySQL 3.2 compatible, and were tripping up some users.
- digest_upgrade_db.php
-- Handles upgrade from version 1.0.17 (increments version)
-- phpbb_digest_settings table will show version 1.0.18
-- ENGINE, DEFAULT, CHARSET and AUTOINCREMENT verbs removed from SQL since these were not MySQL 3.2 compatible, and were tripping up some users.
- lang_digests.php. Uses $phpEx instead of hardcoding .php
- mail_digests.php. Line 642 matches anonymous users by user_id instead of assuming the username is "Anonymous", since the latter is not language independent

Download here
urednik

Post by urednik »

Cant upgrade DB, there is alwejs "Unable to create phpbb_mod_digest_settings table" or some on other table...
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

What version were you upgrading from?
urednik

Post by urednik »

One old (1.013), but now I update database manualy....
Hope, that all will run...
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Out of curiosity, what database type and version are you using?
urednik

Post by urednik »

The server is haired, but as i can read :
Softweare PHP 5.2.x, SSI
PHP Safe Mode
PHP / Apache
PHP / CGI (option)
Zend Optimizer, eAccelerator
gd2, gzip, mod_rewrite
Apache, MySQL 5.0

Enought ?
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

It looks like you are using MySQL 5.0.

I did not test every combination of upgrade. If I can spare some time I will install 1.0.13 and see where the upgrade fails.
urednik

Post by urednik »

I belive, that something not working...

I set-up ISO 8859-2 characters.
But there is missing Č, Ž and Š .

How to set-up digest ?
Here is picture:
http://www.borovnica.eu/missing_char.jpg

In old version I set up this in templates...
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Bear in mind this mod has language translations for English and French only, and both languages use ISO-8859-1.

Here's what might work. Change line 201 of digest_emailer.php from:

Code: Select all

$this->extra_headers = (($this->reply_to != '') ? "Reply-to: $this->reply_to\n" : '') . (($this->from != '') ? "From: $this->from\n" : "From: " . $board_config['board_email'] . "\n") . "Return-Path: " . $board_config['board_email'] . "\nMessage-ID: <" . md5(uniqid(time())) . "@" . $board_config['server_name'] . ">\nContent-transfer-encoding: 8bit\nDate: " . date('r', time()) . "\nX-Priority: 3\nX-MSMail-Priority: Normal\nX-Mailer: PHP\nX-MimeOLE: Produced By phpBB2\n" . $this->extra_headers . (($cc != '') ? "Cc: $cc\n" : '')  . (($bcc != '') ? "Bcc: $bcc\n" : '');
to:

Code: Select all

$this->extra_headers = (($this->reply_to != '') ? "Reply-to: $this->reply_to\n" : '') . (($this->from != '') ? "From: $this->from\n" : "From: " . $board_config['board_email'] . "\n") . "Return-Path: " . $board_config['board_email'] . "\nMessage-ID: <" . md5(uniqid(time())) . "@" . $board_config['server_name'] . ">\nMIME-Version: 1.0\nContent-type: text/html; charset=" . $this->encoding . "\nContent-transfer-encoding: 8bit\nDate: " . date('r', time()) . "\nX-Priority: 3\nX-MSMail-Priority: Normal\nX-Mailer: PHP\nX-MimeOLE: Produced By phpBB2\n" . $this->extra_headers . (($cc != '') ? "Cc: $cc\n" : '')  . (($bcc != '') ? "Bcc: $bcc\n" : '');
Please let me know if this works because it will show a better way to make this mod language independent.
urednik

Post by urednik »

No change.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”